BlogoItaliano continues a series of articles about the most interesting places in Italy, where you can buy tickets via the Internet. Having told in previous posts about Venice and Florence, today the topic of our review is Rome Sights. And since there are quite a few of those in the Eternal City, we selected only the most interesting ones.
… The Vatican is one of the most popular attractions not only in Italy, but also in the whole world, so it is not surprising that about five million people visit the tiny state every year.
Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel
Book a ticket online, you can independently visit the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums. But you can go further and learn more by ordering a group or individual excursion, the program of which will also include a visit to St. Peter’s Cathedral.
Of course, a 3 or 3.5 hour excursion is negligible for all the treasures that are stored in the Vatican. But this will allow to cover at least the most important thing. Going to the Vatican, think over your wardrobe in advance, since it is forbidden to appear in shorts and short capri-style trousers, mini-skirts, with bare shoulders and open stomachs on its territory.
In the Vatican Museums, there are only 1,400 halls and 50,000 objects.
- The cost of a ticket to the Sistine Chapel and the Vatican Museums online – from 20 with a penny to 40 Euro, depending on the site. Here is one sentence and here is another resource.
- The cost of a ticket for a group tour of the Vatican with a visit to the Sistine Chapel, Museums and St. Peter’s Cathedral – from 65 Euro. Details can be found here.
- The cost of an individual excursion with a visit to the Cathedral, Chapel and Museums – 180 Euro. Moreover, it makes no difference whether you are one or the whole company. You can clarify all the nuances on this page.
Colosseum, Palatine and Roman Forum
Any visit to Rome, be it a business trip or vacation, is complete without excursions to ancient monuments located in the very center of the city: the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine. BlogoItaliano has already written about them in detail in the articles The Colosseum in Rome is the largest amphitheater of the Ancient World and the Roman Forum: the ancient heart of the Eternal City, so now we will tell not about the places themselves, but about the features of the visit.
It should be remembered that the purchased online ticket is valid for 2 days and can only be used on 1 entry to each of the ancient objects. If you are traveling with a child, it is useful to find out that a ticket is not required for children under 5 years old. For older children and retirees tickets can be purchased at a reduced price.
The Roman Forum arose around VII century before
Please note that on December 25, January 1 and May 1, the Colosseum, the Palatine and the Roman Forum are closed for visits due to holidays.
As in the case of the Vatican, you can buy tickets and walk around the sights on your own, or you can sign up for a group tour and do the whole walk with a guide. The cost of the tour already includes tickets, but it covers only the Forum and the Colosseum.
- The cost of a single ticket to the Colosseum, to the Palatine and the Roman Forum online – from 16 Euro per person. Learn more and make an order here.
- The cost of participation in the group tour – 50 Euro per person (tickets included). All details and details are painted here.
After many years of restoration work, the Borghese Gallery is reopened for those who want to familiarize themselves with its priceless collection of masterpieces of painting and sculpture, collected in the 17th century by renowned patron and art collector Cardinal Shipione Borghese.
The collection consists of works by Flemish, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish and other masters. The collection of paintings is represented by canvases by Leonardo da Vinci, Veronese, Raphael, Rubens, Titian, Correggio, Caravaggio and many others.
Getting into the Borghese Gallery is not easy. As a rule, tickets are sold out a month in advance and it is almost impossible to visit a unique museum without prior booking, on which BlogoItaliano stopped in detail in the article Borghese Gallery: the most desired and hard-to-reach museum in Rome.
In the Borghese Gallery canvases are stored by Raphael, Rubens, Titian.
This is one of those moments when the benefits of buying a ticket online are especially tangible. After all, this option will allow you to choose a convenient date and time, as well as be on the museum for at least 2 hours. You can change the voucher confirming the booking order for the ticket itself, in Borghese Gallery 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the visit.
The Borghese Gallery is closed on Mondays, as well as December 25th and January 1st.
Address: Piazza Scipione Borghese, 5. Hours from
- The cost of a ticket to the Borghese Gallery online is from 20 Euro per person. Learn more and make an order here.
- The cost of an excursion in Russian to the Borghese Gallery is from 75 Euro per person. Learn more and current dates here.