Polypropylene pipes are manufactured according to GOST and their dimensions are regulated by the standard. The diameter of the internal highways – from 10 to 1200 mm, the thickness of the walls depends on the design features. Classified: by composition of raw materials, by pressure, purpose.
Manufacturers produce polypropylene pipes of different diameters
Every year polypropylene pipes gain new spaces – they are used in many industries: engineering, agriculture and, above all, in heating, plumbing and sewage systems. The size and configuration of PP pipes are governed by GOST. Products are divided into types depending on the qualitative composition of the raw materials, namely the degree of modification of the main polymer by various additives.
Classification of polypropylene pipes according to the composition of raw materials
- PPR (PPRС, PPR) – products of this type are made of static copolymer of foam (or random copolymer) with a crystalline structure of molecules. Resistant to temperature fluctuations from -170 to + 1400C, shock loads, therefore, are widely used for sewage, plumbing and heating. They are considered the most popular material for domestic construction. The dimensions are in the range of 16. 110 mm and are subclassified by the pressure for which they are designed.
- PPH products. Made from raw materials with the addition of modifying additives: antistatic agents, flame retardants, nucleators, which give increased impact strength to the polymer. Products of this type are used for outdoor cold water supply, ventilation and drainage. For heating systems, they are not suitable, as they have a low melting point. The diameters of PPH polypropylene pipes, as a rule, are large, as they are most often used for industrial sewage and drainage.
- PPB (block copolymer). The structure of this type of raw material consists of homopolymer micromolecules (blocks), which differ in structure, composition, and alternate with each other in a certain order. Due to its molecular structure, the final product of this type acquires enhanced shock resistance and is used for floor heating systems and cold water supply.
- PPs (polyphenylsulfide) is a polymer of the highest class with a special molecular structure. It has increased resistance to stress and heat, improved wear resistance, strength. The diameter of polypropylene pipes of this type is from 20 to 1200 mm. Scope of application – ventilation, hot, cold water, heating.
In the marking of PP products found the designation N25, N10 and
Julia Petrichenko, expert
There are the following types of polypropylene pipes:
- N10 (РN10) – with a working pressure on the wall of 1.0 MPa and a polymer thickness from 1.9 to 10 mm. Used for arranging underfloor heating, cold water supply with heating up to +45 degrees. The diameter of polypropylene pipes of this type: external – 20 … 110 mm, internal – 16 … 90 mm.
- PN16 is a rarely used type of product with a pressure of 1.6 MPa on the wall. Suitable for supplying hot and cold water with liquid heating up to +60 degrees.
- N20 (РN20) – polypropylene pipes with a working pressure on the wall of 2.0 MPa and a product thickness of 16 … 18.4 mm. The most demanded material for the device of hot and cold water supply with a temperature of heating the liquid up to 80 degrees. Version: outer diameter – 16 … 110 mm, internal diameter – 10.6 … 73.2 mm.
- N25 (PN25) – polypropylene pipe with a working pressure on the wall of 2.5 MPa and reinforcement with aluminum foil. Ideal for heating systems, hot water with a coolant temperature up to +95 degrees. Due to the multi-layered structure, products of this type have an increased resistance to shock, thermal loads. Version: inner diameter of polypropylene pipes РN25 – 13.2 … 50 mm, outer – 21.2 … 77.9 mm.
Currently, there is the option of reinforcing the highway from polypropylene with fiberglass. This allows you to avoid stratification of conduits during operation, and during installation – loss of time for stripping sections during welding. Systems with fiberglass mesh reinforcement are most preferable, as they provide fast installation, resistance to deformation, and extended service life without repairs.
What determines the size of polypropylene pipes
What are the diameters of polypropylene pipes? The parameters depend on the temperature and volume of the transported fluid, its pressure on the walls. First of all, select the configuration of the product depending on the destination. For each type of classification there is a table of sizes of polypropylene pipes, which select the appropriate product.
What are the sizes of highways? The physical parameters of sewage systems, heating, water supply are directly dependent on what they are intended for. The diameters of metal and polypropylene pipes differ slightly, but in favor of the latter. The parameters of plastic are less, and the service life is much longer. In addition, the polymer benefits in aesthetic properties and corrosion resistance.
For comparison with metal products in table 1 shows the diameters of polypropylene pipes in mm: