Information portal for parents and educators
Teeth play an important role in the development of proper operation of the upper and lower jaw (occlusion). They are preparing a place for their "heirs" – permanent zubikov, showing them the right direction of growth. And this means that when baby teeth begin to fall out in children, one must be extremely careful, since their premature loss can lead to incorrect eruption of the constants, which will lead to the development of an abnormal bite in the child.
The incision of the incisors also affects chewing of food, as a result of which a disorder of the gastrointestinal tract can appear, as well as an abnormal development of the bones and muscles of the baby’s face. And if the dental unit starts to fall out prematurely, especially from the front, it can lead to discomfort for children who are ashamed of their appearance, no matter how many years it happens.
Dentists are advised to start to monitor the oral cavity when the child has only gums. First, let the baby massage the gums with a soft brush, and when the first tooth grows, it will start cleaning it at the same time. Which brush and toothpaste is better to buy – decide for yourself. For children produce special brushes, in accordance with their age. They can be found in each pharmacy or household chemicals store, and see the photos on the Internet.
When baby teeth begin to fall out
The approximate period, which falls on tooth loss – from 6 to 12 years. While the central incisors, both upper and lower, usually fall first. In how many years a baby should definitely lose teeth, no one will say – this is individual. However, the norm, according to which the teeth should fall out, is still there.
The total number of teeth is only 20 pieces – by the age of 14 they should completely change to 28 molars. Below is a diagram so that you can more accurately understand which baby teeth change and at what age it happens. So the idea of how many years to expect staggering and how many teeth a child can fall out will become clearer.
20 temporary teeth consist of 8 incisors, 4 canines and 8 molars. As a rule, they break through in the following order:
If your baby began to drool, put his hands in his mouth, bite them, then most likely his first eruption began. Unfortunately, this is one of the few stages in the life of the baby and his parents, who does not always have pleasant memories for both of them. It often happens that this process is accompanied by pain, hyperactivity, insomnia, temperature and anxiety in a child. Often the result of hyperacidity is irritation of the inside of the mouth or a rash.
Anxiety can be caused not only by an abnormal growth, but also by its absence. If, after the end of 8 months, not a single bone formation appeared in the baby’s mouth, you should go to the pediatrician. Through research, you will find out that if there are already “seeds” in the gums, then there is nothing to worry about – they will grow in due time.
Signs. If the children had teeth cut before the prescribed period, it means that another pregnancy will soon be waiting for the mother.
What if teeth fall out painfully
When baby teeth begin to fall out in children, this process can provoke painful sensations. Unfortunately, there is still a misconception that baby teeth do not need to be treated. Loss, like eruption, is accompanied by general symptoms. Often it can be associated with a decrease in the immunity of the children. It may have a significant increase in temperature (up to 38 ° C), redness of the throat, runny nose, swollen lymph nodes. These local symptoms should not last longer than 48 hours.
How to ease the pain
Several ways to alleviate teething pain:
- you need to buy teethers, which are filled with water and cooled (not in the freezer, but in the refrigerator) – it helps to get rid of unpleasant sensations when baby teeth begin to fall out in children;
- if you give your baby a drink, cool it to room temperature, because too warm tea or milk can irritate his swollen gums;
- use lotions or gels to alleviate the symptoms of eruption;
- buy a special brush that is put on your finger and massage the baby’s gums (this will bring him relief);
- they use sedatives – they have not only anesthetic properties (including lidocaine), but also disinfectants;
- Give your child a painkiller — preferably Paracetamol or Ibuprofen-based drugs (the dosage level depends on how old the child is).
Why temporary teeth also need to be treated
You should take care of incisors, canines and molars from an early age. The process, when the teeth begin to fall out one by one, is lengthy and can last for several years. By 10 years, the teeth in children are mixed, and consist of dairy and regular – how much and what, depending on the characteristics of the children themselves.
It is very difficult to maintain the health of the molars when they are next to spoiled dairy. They are less mineralized, have thinner enamel and dentin. Therefore, carious bacteria quickly reach the pulp (nerve), depending on which is larger.
The destruction of our "heirs" is the result of local inflammation in organs in the form of infiltration, abscesses. They have catastrophic consequences for the core of a permanent tooth, which follows the milk one. This can lead to a violation of the mineralization of tooth enamel. It is often possible that a molar tooth has an abnormal shape with not fully developed enamel. Carious bacteria also shed blood and reach various organs. This is especially dangerous in children with heart defects, kidneys. In addition, healthy babies may have problems with the heart, kidneys and joints.
Why watch your teeth?
Now let’s decompose why it is worthwhile to closely monitor the baby’s oral cavity:
- Destruction is a permanent source of infection in the body of the baby. Carious tooth can be the cause of frequent diseases of the upper respiratory tract. When baby teeth begin to fall out in children, the wounds opened should also be closely monitored. not to bring infection there.
- To chew food well you need healthy incisors. If the crumb can not eat normally – the body will not receive the necessary nutrients.
- Incisors that do not heal quickly collapse, so you have to remove them. But remember, each tooth has its time for this. Consequently, if they are removed in advance, this often becomes the reason for the growth of the jaw, and when the time comes for the “heirs” to grow, it turns out that there is not enough space for them. It is then that the problems with the bite begin, and you will need to put plates or braces.
- And in the end, a child with a good smile (healthy teeth) feels more confident, free and relaxed. Such a kid does not hesitate to show their emotions.
How to treat baby teeth
It is important not only to know when baby teeth begin to fall out in children, but also how to treat them. Treatment of milk teeth is not an easy task. Therefore, you must choose one of the appropriate methods that will allow to recover: