Changing teeth in children: timing, features, important points
From about the age of six, baby teeth begin to fall out in children and replace them with permanent ones. This process lasts 7–9 years. Permanent roots are finally formed by 16 years. And the whole dental apparatus is considered mature only by the age of 20.
What teeth change in children and in what sequence? The opinion that the child is changing the entire dentition is considered erroneous. During the life of a person there is a change of only 20 teeth. Initially, 8–12 erupt as permanent. "Six" – the first molars in children. They appear before the loss of the central milk incisors.
Milk teeth fall out: when and in what order?
Timing may vary. They depend on the individual characteristics of development. This process is long and often painless, asymptomatic. Milk root gradually dissolves, then it begins to stagger and falls out. What you need to pay attention to?
- Dentists recommend loosening, pump baby teeth during their shift. Children can perform this procedure on their own.
- Milk tooth can sit firmly and interfere with the growth of constant. It is shown to consult a dentist and remove the obstruction. If this is not done in a timely manner, the constant can grow crooked or in the second row.
- After treatment, the milk roots dissolve slowly. More often they have to be deleted.
- If after the fallout of the wound bleeds, have the child hold the tampon, a piece of sterile bandage, and hold it for several minutes. It is advisable not to eat 2 hours after falling out or removing a tooth. Let the child refrain from hot, cold, sour, salty foods. Do not allow to actively rinse the wound! A cork forms in the well that protects against germs.
- It happens early loss. What can this lead to? The free space in the jaw leads to the displacement of the remaining milk teeth, then the constants in their time will begin to grow crooked. It is necessary to consult a child orthodontist.
- The pattern of loss of milk teeth in children is always the same. Usually, in what order the teeth are cut, in the same sequence and fall out. In most cases, the process of prolapse begins with the lower jaw.
Comparative analysis of dairy and permanent bite
Permanent teeth: teething features
The eruption of molars in children also occurs according to the scheme. What you need to pay attention to?
- Vulnerability. A child’s permanent teeth have a larger pulp than an adult. At the same time, hard tissues are only formed, therefore they are easily exposed to external influences. This is especially true of the Six. They suffer the most. Elementary precautions: the exception is too hard and viscous food. These include nuts, candy, toffee.
- Period. It may take 4-6 months between the loss of a temporary tooth and the growth of a permanent tooth. This is the norm. If half a year has passed, and a constant does not appear in the well, it is necessary to contact a specialist. Perhaps the tooth does not have enough space for teething.
- Growth rate Fast grow front incisors. Much slower – fangs. Growth of premolars and molars can be difficult and long. The reason is a large eruption area.
- Duration of eruption of permanent teeth in children: disorders. The terms depend on heredity, features of development, past infections. Delaying the eruption may be due to a physiological cause: dental germs have not yet formed. There is nothing dangerous about it. This is an individual feature. It is also possible the wrong location of the tooth in the bone tissue. These and other abnormalities can be detected by a doctor with the help of X-ray diagnostics. What can cause violations? To various defects: location outside the arc of the dentition, abnormal bite, tilt, rotation and
Food features: 4 important points
During the period when the molar teeth in children climb, it is necessary to maintain a quality diet. What should be in the diet of the child?
- The need for phosphorus. Without fish can not do! For cooking, use low-fat varieties of sea fish.
- More calcium. Desirable variety and abundance of dairy products.
- Vegetables and fruits. First, it is a source of essential vitamins. Secondly, solid food speeds up the process of laxing of milk teeth. It is important during this period to load the jaws.
- Limit sweets. A sad point for kids. However, it is sweet foods that lead to the formation of lactic acid, which negatively affects the enamel and hard tissue.
Changing teeth in children – an additional burden on the body. Useful will receive a complex of multivitamins.
What teeth do children have?