To study the healing properties of soda began in the middle of the XX century. At the moment, it has been experimentally proven that sodium bicarbonate is capable of:
- normalize acid-base balance;
- treat skin diseases;
- fight infections;
- soften the fabric.
Soda is often the first toothache remedy that is used at home. Why do people prefer it rather than pharmacy drugs?
- The first reason is accessibility. Sodium bicarbonate is sold in any store. It is inexpensive, so it does not hurt the family budget. If you can not cope with a toothache, it is useful for cooking or cleaning the house.
- The second reason – soda, really, gives good results, if properly applied.
In what cases helps
Sodium bicarbonate does not treat, but suppresses unpleasant symptoms. He can:
- have an antiseptic effect;
- suppress the inflammatory process;
- clean teeth from plaque;
- reduce pain;
- rid of bad breath.
Fight against caries
One of the main reasons for the formation of caries is a violation of the acid-base balance of the oral cavity. PH may deviate from the norm under the influence of internal or external causes. The first include various diseases. The second is excessive consumption of drinks with fruit acids or soda water.
To ensure that the acid-base balance of the mouth is normalized, litmus paper will help to determine the pH.
Rinsing soda for toothache
If the tooth is concerned, but you cannot immediately visit the dentist, the following prescription will help:
Another quick way to get rid of toothache is to rinse with regular soda solution.
Rinsing soda with inflammation of the gums
Pain in the gum is a signal that an acute inflammatory process has begun to develop in the oral cavity. The mucous membrane of the gums produces substances that protect the teeth from pathogenic microorganisms.
Violation of its protective functions is fraught with:
- breath odor;
- gradual loosening and falling out of teeth;
- pain sensations.
Soda helps from a tumor of the gums and copes with bleeding, if you use its course.
For daily rinsing use the following tool:
Sodium bicarbonate helps to remove plaque. To do this, a small amount of soda should be applied to the brush and brush your teeth. Then rinse the mouth and complete the cleaning procedure with a regular paste.
You can use hard bleaching agents no more than once a week, as they can damage tooth enamel.
Contraindications and precautions
- It must be remembered that the temperature of the water you take to prepare the solution should not exceed 37–38 degrees.
- It is not recommended to eat immediately after the procedure.
- The main contraindication to the use of soda for rinsing the oral cavity is individual intolerance.
- It should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
- If tooth enamel is excessively sensitive or damaged, it is recommended to consult a doctor before starting the procedure.
What to do if toothache does not give rest
When baking soda does not help to cope with unpleasant symptoms, pharmaceutical preparations are used:
- Painkillers (Ketanov, Nurofen, Baralgin, Analgin, Aspirin) – cope with a weak toothache.
- Anti-inflammatory (Ibuprofen, Nimesil, Nice) – stop the development of the inflammatory process and relieve unpleasant sensations.
- Anesthetic or freezing (Kamistad, Denton, Metrogil Denta) – reduce the sensitivity of the affected area, used in acute pain.
All of these tools have contraindications, so they are recommended to use under the supervision of a physician. If you decide to start treatment yourself, choose proven drugs.
Folk remedies for toothache – emergency help when there is no opportunity to turn to traditional methods. They are also effective as an adjuvant therapy during classical treatment.
From the pain in the teeth and gums helps the infusion of chamomile, sage and lemon balm.
Acute discomfort helps to remove the oil of cloves. 2-3 drops are applied to a cotton pad and applied to the affected area. Clove has a slight anesthetic effect, kills pathogenic bacteria and reduces inflammation.
From bleeding gums helps juice from fresh leaves of sorrel, diluted with water in proportions of 2: 1.
For the prevention of diseases of the teeth and gums, traditional medicine advises:
- rinse the mouth with an infusion of fresh plantain leaves once a day;
- daily eat a clove of garlic;
- more often eat sour fruits and berries;
- use more fresh greens.
To these tips, you can add one more – twice a year to visit the dentist for a routine examination.
See the easiest recipes for getting rid of a toothache.
Catherine . There is a small hole in my tooth, sometimes it makes itself felt – an attack of pulsating pain begins. Of course, it is clear that the tooth should be treated. But I have two small children and it is very difficult to make time for visiting the doctor. Recently guests came to us. The tooth ached so much that I was not at all up to them. A family friend advised making a warm solution with salt and soda. It helped instantly. Now, if the pain begins, it is only by this means that I save myself.
Marina When I got to the maxillofacial department of the hospital due to gum inflammation caused by the growing wisdom tooth, in addition to medical treatment, the doctor suggested rinsing with ordinary soda. Recipe: a quarter tablespoon of stir in a mug of warm water. Rinse several times a day. This simple means of trust does not inspire, but it does work – the condition of the gums has improved significantly.