Quite often, patients with complaints of inflammation of the gums address dentists. Initially, the disease is asymptomatic and difficult to notice, then blood may appear in the process of brushing your teeth, then an unpleasant odor appears, pain during inflammation of the gums may become unbearable, and in severe cases, the tooth may begin to stagger. If you do not start treatment in time, you can even lose a tooth. For this reason, many people wonder: how to relieve inflammation of the gums?
Inflammation can signal about disease and improper oral care. You can get rid of this scourge at home, the main thing is to determine in time the cause of discomfort and start treatment. The most effective methods of combating inflammation of the gums are gargling with herbs, taking antibiotics and treating the affected area with antiseptic agents.
Causes of inflammation
If the cause of the inflammation is not the advanced stage of the disease, then you can get rid of the inflammation at home. Otherwise, you should immediately contact a specialist. Causes of inflammation of the gums can be:
- Periodontitis – This disease is characterized by inflammation of the soft tissue, severe pain, the formation of a tumor around the affected area, up to the cheek tumor, sometimes wounds appear on the mucous membranes, through which pus oozes. This is an infectious disease that occurs after sinusitis, neglected or incorrectly cured pulpitis.
- Gingivitis – Its signs include bleeding, the formation of plaque on the tooth enamel, the redness of the mucous membranes, with pressure on the inflamed area there is a feeling of acute pain. At the advanced stages, an unpleasant smell from the mouth appears, the body temperature rises, and a white deposit is formed on the mucous surfaces. In the initial stages of the disease, it is very difficult to diagnose independently, as the signs are barely noticeable. The causes of gingivitis can be – improper care of the oral cavity, hormonal disruptions or gum trauma when installing a crown or filling.
- Periodontitis – characterized by inflammation of the gums, with the possible loss of a tooth. It can be determined by the following symptoms: bleeding of the gums during brushing, bad breath, discomfort while chewing food, omission of the gums and exposure of the root of the tooth, pulsation and itching of the gums. In acute periodontitis, there is severe pain, pus may be released from the gums, there is an increase in body temperature and redness of the gums. This is an infectious disease that occurs as a result of neglected gingivitis or improper restoration of a broken tooth. Sometimes the cause of periodontitis can be unhealthy diet – not enough saturated with essential trace elements and vitamins.
Before you choose ways to get rid of gum inflammation, you need to go to the dentist, only he will be able to make the correct diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.
It happens that inflammation occurs as a result of an incorrectly installed crown or filling, in this case, it is impossible to do without the help of a dentist, and self-treatment can only aggravate the situation. After the specialist re-installs and does everything correctly, the inflammation must pass. But if for some reason it is not possible to visit the clinic immediately after the onset of symptoms, then for some time you can relieve the pain with pain pills: ibuprofen, paracetamol, ketanov, analgin. They can relieve pain and reduce inflammation by enveloping the gum with a thin film, reducing the feeling of itching and burning. After an examination, the dentist may prescribe the following. drugs:
- Metrogil Dent – has an anesthetic effect on the affected area, eliminates itching and reduces inflammation. Apply it as follows: after thorough cleaning and rinsing the mouth is applied to the affected area of the gums several times a day.
- Solcoseryl – in pharmacies, it is presented in two forms: in the form of a gel, for use on open wounds and abrasions on the mucous surface, and in the form of an ointment, for the treatment of the inflammatory process at a deeper level. The tool has an anesthetic and regenerating effect. On the inflamed area is applied up to 3 times per day.
- Dental. It consists of corn oil, enveloping and alleviating pain in the affected area. For treatment, it is applied with light massage movements to the inflamed area up to 4 times a day.
- Holisal. This remedy, produced in the form of a gel, has an instant effect – it has an anesthetic effect on the affected gums, relieves pain and inflammation. Within minutes, the pain subsides. To treat inflammation, the gel is rubbed into the gums 3 times a day for a week.
- Asepta – a drug with propolis, which is known for its antimicrobial properties. It has a hemostatic and analgesic effect. Helps to quickly restore the gum. This gel is used for the treatment and prevention of inflammation.
Rinse in the treatment of inflammation of the gums
One of the surest ways to combat inflammation of the gums is rinsing. They help to clean the mouth of the remnants of food and have a therapeutic effect. For this procedure, use herbal infusions or pharmaceutical solutions.
Solutions sold in a pharmacy are easy to use – they are immediately ready for use. Their main action – the fight against harmful microorganisms. At the same time, they effectively relieve inflammation, remove burning sensation and soothe the affected gums.
Most effective Pharmacy means are:
- Chlorhexidine – helps to disinfect the oral cavity after a meal.
- Furacilin – is produced in the form of tablets, must be dissolved in water before use and do rinses 3 times a day.
- Chlorophyllipt – bred in the water in accordance with the instructions and rinsing gums three times a day.
- Hydrogen peroxide is also excellent in combating inflammation of the gums, before rinsing it should be hung with water.
- Malavit, Forest Balsam – helps relieve pain, is also diluted with water before use. Rinse must be carried out until complete recovery.
Among the healing herbs The most effective are:
- Chamomile and calendula – known for their disinfecting properties.
- Sage and Yarrow – perfectly relieve pain and fight inflammation.
- Oak bark and St. John’s wort will help strengthen the gum tissue.
To prepare an infusion for rinsing, it is necessary to boil dry flowers or herbs with boiling water, let it brew for an hour when the infusion has cooled – the solution is ready. But you need to use it immediately, because the fresher the infusion, the more effective its healing properties.
ethnoscience in the fight against gum disease
How to remove inflammation of the gums at home? This can help recipes of traditional medicine. Healing blends can be made from all sorts of natural ingredients that are on hand. As lotions and applications use medicinal plants, honey, vegetable juices (but always freshly squeezed), beeswax.
Well proven mask of raw beets. To do this, rub fresh vegetable on a fine grater, add a few drops of vegetable oil, and apply the resulting mass to the inflamed area 4 times a day for 15 minutes.
There are some more effective recipes. One of them is a mixture of tooth powder and herbs. To prepare the healing mixture, take the bergenia root, dried cloves, a few leaves of calgane and grind them into powder, then mix the resulting mass with tooth powder and apply to the gums 2 times a day for 2 minutes, moistened with water in a toothbrush. To complete the procedure, you must rinse the mouth with chamomile extract.
Another good help in the treatment of inflamed gums will be sea salt. To do this, prepare a solution by mixing five grams of sea salt with one glass of warm water. Rinse your mouth with this solution in the morning and evening after brushing your teeth. This will not only relieve inflammation, but also eliminate the bleeding of the gums and relieve the unpleasant smell from the mouth. And also, it is recommended to rub sea salt, ground to a powder, in the gums. But this should be done with utmost care so as not to damage the mucous surfaces.
Prevention of gingivitis
The most effective prevention of inflammation of the gums will be the following actions:
- Proper oral care;
- The rejection of bad habits, such as smoking, drinking alcohol. After all, they tend to excrete nutrients from the body. Which leads to additional stresses that reduce immunity.
- Proper and complete nutrition, enriched with essential body vitamins and trace elements. It is advisable to include in the daily diet of vegetables and fruits, such as apples and carrots – they have hard fibers that help clean and stimulate the teeth and gums.
- Regular visits to the dentist. After all, the doctor is able to notice the disease at an early stage, and the treatment will be much easier.