Any person, be it a very young child or an old man, has ever encountered a toothache and a tooth extraction procedure in his life. Yes, for many it is unpleasant, but for someone it causes panic horror at all.
Psychologists have even invented a special word for describing panic fear of dentists – dentophobia.
In some people, the fear of dentists goes so far that they are willing to endure any pain, drink insane painkiller in insane amounts, climb on the wall from pain for a few days, but just do not visit the doctor’s office.
Usually at such moments a person thinks about how to pull out a tooth at home. Doctors strongly do not recommend pulling out the molars on their own, but this measure is still acceptable if the tooth is already very loose.
Knowing the basic technique, pulling out a molar tooth is quite simple.
Difference of milk teeth from molars
Before proceeding to the methods, it is worthwhile to understand how milk teeth differ from molars. Perhaps someone will help this knowledge to make a decision and still turn to a specialist for help. On the other hand, it is necessary to know the differences in order to understand why the molar teeth should be pulled out strictly according to the instructions.
- Baby teeth no wonder got its name. The essence lies in the shade of bluish-white color. Permanent teeth are characterized by a slightly yellowish color.
- A milk tooth always has a smaller crown than a permanent one.
- In width, milk teeth are larger in area than in height. Permanent is usually the opposite picture.
- Milk teeth have a crown, which is more convex in shape, and therefore more strongly delimited from the root.
- The milk tooth has the largest diameter in the neck area, and the largest diameter of the root tooth is at the equator.
- At the time of root formation, the root canals and apical openings are wider and are more passable than molars.
- Milk teeth have not such rounded root branchings as permanent ones.
Especially important when pulling out a molar tooth at home is precisely its root system, as well as the strength of the crown, which can crumble and injure the gum with shards if the removal is incorrect.
Methods of pulling out a root tooth at home
Often, people are tormented by the question of how to pull out the molars at home. Independently to pull out the molar tooth at home is a risky task. You should not take up this difficult matter, if the tooth is firmly seated in its place. If the tooth staggers, then you can try, but you must carefully follow the instructions.
- Take care to eat well before the procedure. After the root tooth is pulled out at home, it will not be the same as after removal in dentistry. The ban on food is imposed at least three to four hours.
- After eating, conduct a thorough oral hygiene, brushing your teeth, tongue, inside of your cheeks with a brush. It is good if you also use mouthwash.
- Use painkillers. Ideally, of course, if there is a person at home who can make an injection with anesthesia to the gum, but if there is no such person, you should not try to do it yourself. This can be dangerous because of the proximity of the nerves and the risk of hitting them unknowingly.
An injection with anesthesia can successfully replace a special spray that can be purchased at the pharmacy. If this option is also not suitable, then a pill of any pain medication is drunk. Do not forget to wait until the anesthesia or painkillers take effect. Then you can figure out how to pull a molar tooth, while at home.
- The tooth must be wrapped with sterile gauze. Then he begins to gently swing, without applying a large number of forces. Occasionally, you can try to pull a tooth out of your gums. If you feel that your tooth is inferior – you can pull harder, but without jerking, slowly and carefully. Caution is important so that the tooth does not crumble during the procedure, and it can be pulled out along with the root, the remnants of which can be the causes of inflammation.
- The wound after the pulling out of the molar at home is plugged. The tampon should be on the wound for at least half an hour, and it should be removed with caution so as not to cause re-bleeding.
- To relieve pain in the first day you can put compresses with cold on the gum, but you can hold a compress for no more than 10 minutes.
What to do in the case when a pulled out molar tooth is very weakly held in the gum? You can try to pull it out using a regular thread. It is tied around the tooth and jerked sharply. You must pull the thread straight, not to the side, to protect the gums from damage.
If there is still pain after a day, you can resort to rinsing, as well as continue taking painkillers (anesthesia is no longer used!). Rinses should be carried out with care so as not to dilute the blood clot that covers the wound. As solutions for rinsing suitable as a special liquid, and 1 teaspoon of soda or salt, diluted in warm water.
Removing a molar tooth at home, like any medical procedure, may be accompanied by complications:
- Damage to nearby teeth, which will lead to their rapid deterioration.
If you can’t cope with complications yourself, you still have to visit a doctor.
If a crown is planned to be put in place of a tooth that was recently pulled out at home, then it should be done without shelving. The dentition tends to be redistributed after the removal of one of the teeth, which may complicate the selection and installation of the implant.
Even after you managed to pull out a molar tooth at home, you should not forget about the basic oral care. Daily oral hygiene will help you keep your teeth healthy and strong for a long time, and periodic check-ups at the dentist will serve as an excellent prevention of impending problems.