For many years of development of dentistry, a huge number of teeth whitening methods have appeared, which have varying degrees of effectiveness.
It is important enough before addressing the issue of teeth whitening, to study the features of all methods: cost, possible result, complexity of the procedure, the likelihood of side effects, and so on.
Not all dentists truthfully tell their client which method is best for bringing their teeth into a beautiful view, which is often associated with the desire to earn more. That is why we will pay attention to all sorts of methods for removing plaque and yellowness.
The most effective teeth whitening
To begin with, we note an important point that when looking for a method of teeth whitening, you can often find recommendations for carrying out this procedure on your own. Immediately, we note that effective and at the same time safe methods of teeth whitening at home do not exist.
A common misconception is that soda or activated carbon can whiten your teeth.
In this case, we will pay attention to the following points:
- The above substances are potent abrasives, the use of which should be extremely careful.
- All popular methods that involve the use of soda or activated carbon, can remove plaque.
- With a high concentration or prolonged exposure, it is likely that abrasive materials will damage the tooth enamel, as a result of which caries may later form.
That is why you should not resort to popular methods, but rather entrust teeth whitening to the dentist.
What is the best and safest teeth whitening?
Having decided on the fact that the best modern method of bleaching can be called an appeal to a specialist, we will also pay attention to the use of several techniques by dentists to carry out such work.
Immediately to answer the question, which method is the best and safest is quite difficult, since all of them are evaluated according to several criteria:
- The duration of the effect achieved.
- The speed of the work.
Many experts believe that the laser method of bleaching, which appeared relatively recently, is the safest and most effective. However, financial resources do not always allow for this rather expensive procedure.
Let us examine the features of each method in order to find the most suitable for all evaluation criteria.
Want white and healthy teeth?
Even with careful care of teeth, with time stains appear on them, they darken and turn yellow.
In addition, the enamel becomes thinner and teeth appear sensitive to cold, hot, sweet foods or drinks.
In such cases, our readers recommend using the latest tool – Denta Seal toothpaste with a filling effect..
It has the following properties:
- Aligns damage and fills micro cracks on the enamel surface
- Effectively removes plaque and prevents the formation of caries
- Brings natural whiteness, smoothness and shine to teeth.
Desk whitening can be described as follows:
- The procedure itself is quite simple, no need for anesthesia.
- The mucous surface and gums are insulated so that they do not suffer from the effects of the active substance.
- Almost all methods involve the application of special gels and pastes.
Almost all methods are carried out for no more than one hour.
Photobleaching is a cabinet procedure that allows you to light up the enamel for at least 8 shades.
The procedure is an exposure to special chemicals that are activated when exposed to a halogen lamp.
The method consists in performing the following steps:
- On the surface of the tooth is applied whitening composition, which has the form of a gel.
- Gums protected by a special tool.
- Lips are fixed with special clips so that during the procedure the patient does not feel discomfort.
The method gradually loses its popularity, since the laser equipment has a higher efficiency.
Many patients complain of excessive sensitivity, discoloration of enamel and caries. Toothpaste with a filling effect does not thin enamel, but, on the contrary, strengthens it to the maximum.
Thanks to hydroxyapatite, it firmly clogs the microcracks on the enamel surface. Paste prevents early tooth decay. Effectively removes plaque and prevents the formation of caries. Recommend.
A rather important point is that all professional bleaching methods involve the use of special chemicals. They affect the dentin, in the composition there is urea and hydrogen. The active substance has the desired effect often when exposed to a catalyst, which can be represented by light from a lamp and a laser beam.
The chemical bleaching procedure itself can be carried out without exposure to the catalyst. However, the effectiveness of the method is relatively small.
More recently, laser dental equipment has emerged that can be used for teeth whitening.
The features of this method include the following points:
- Bleaching procedure itself causes many difficulties in case the tooth enamel is very thin. A significant impact can cause its destruction, which will cause more serious problems than yellowness on the surface. The laser beam has a more gentle effect, which allows the method to be applied in the case of thin and sensitive enamel.
- With proper procedure You can achieve the best effect, which will last several years with proper care of the oral cavity.
- Session duration can be from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Other methods determine that the patient should spend more time in the chair. Therefore, if you need to save free time, then the laser method of bleaching is very popular.
- As practice shows, Modern methods allow you to whiten up to 8-12 tones. Other methods do not allow to obtain such an effective result.
- Many customers point out, that immediately after the procedure there is a significant increase in the sensitivity of the teeth to cold or hot. However, if there were no problems with enamel before, then the effect passes quickly enough.
- Whitening effect when hygiene is maintained for at least 6 months.
- The essence of the considered method It consists in applying a special whitening substance that is activated on the surface of the teeth when exposed to a powerful photon beam. In this case, the patient does not feel discomfort, for example, from exposure to a laser beam.
- The final stage of the procedure provides for the application of the gel, which is able to significantly reduce the sensitivity of tooth enamel to hot or cold food.
In addition, let us pay attention to the fact that exposure to a laser beam destroys carious bacteria. That is why some experts argue that the procedure of laser bleaching also significantly strengthens the structure.
When considering laser whitening we also note that there are two patented methods that are used in many dental offices:
Rates depend on the pricing policy of a particular clinic.
The traditional method can be called oxygen bleaching.
The features of this method include the following points:
- The method also provides applying a special peroxide compound, which has the necessary effect on the tooth surface.
- Bleaching mechanism is the oxidation of dyes, which are applied to the surface of enamel. At a certain effect, the substance is embedded in the upper layers of the tooth tissues and have the necessary effect.
- The problem of this method It may be called that under the assumption of an error there is the likelihood of an excess reaction. As a result, the color of the filling can be changed, after a while the difference will become very noticeable.
- In most cases The active substance is carbamide peroxide, which, under a certain effect, is converted to hydrogen peroxide. Atomic oxygen causes significant discoloration of the tooth enamel surface. Hydrogen peroxide can remove atomic oxygen.
When considering this method, we note that teeth can easily be whitened, which have changed color due to the use of tobacco, tea or coffee.
The advantages of the method include ease of use and accessibility.
On sale you can find quite a lot of toothpastes, which have a whitening effect.
All of them are divided into 2 main groups:
- To the first group can be attributed toothpastes, which clean the enamel from the coloring pigment. By production of a similar execution option components which possess the abrasive and polishing qualities are used. You should not purchase these pastes in case of good oral hygiene. It is also not recommended to use pastes from this group if there is a hypersensitivity of the teeth and the inflammatory process of the gums constantly occurs.
- The second group is represented by toothpastes., active substances which conduct the neutralization of the pigment – they are the main cause of discoloration of the tooth surface. The active substance, in combination with saliva, releases active oxygen — it enters even the deepest layers of the tooth enamel, after which the pigment discolors.
The most common pastes that can be used in bleaching can be called the following:
- LACALUT White – toothpaste, which is produced when using sufficiently expensive abrasive. The abrasiveness index RDA is 120. The usual versions have the RDA index. In addition, there are substances in the composition that can dissolve large plaques.
- PRESIDENT White Plus – substances that are included in the composition have an abrasiveness index of RDA of about 200. This moment determines that the paste is recommended to be used no more than once a week. Other toothpastes that are used on other days should have no more than 80 RDA. With proper use of the paste, you can cope with a fairly hard plaque.
- Lakalut white and repair – option of execution which in structure has 3 types of abrasive components. As practice shows, the whitening effect lasts for several months. Many experts give the highest rating to this paste.
- President white – A version that is created by the use of flint and calcium. At the same time, herbs are included in the composition, which have anti-inflammatory and other properties. A significant disadvantage is the high cost and the combination of fluorine with calcium.
- Rembrandt It contains abrasive substances and certain minerals. Practice shows that the use of this paste can whiten your teeth by 3-4 tones. The effect persists for several months. However, the price often scares off buyers.
- Splat – pasta, which is produced by a Russian company. In many respects, this version is not inferior to foreign. The composition contains titanium and silicon, which in combination perfectly cope with bloom and pigmentation. Also, the production uses fluorine and potassium, which can solve the problem of hypersensitivity of the enamel.
- Teeth whitening system – Global White. It includes a specialized gel, whitening paste, a pencil. The gel is used for 2 weeks, applying 2 times a day on the teeth. Here you will find reviews on Global White teeth whitening gel.
Before using the paste, you should study the instructions for use.
The most effective whitening at home
As previously noted, a solution of hydrogen peroxide is used not only in the dental office, but also at home. Applying a tool is quite simple, when using a drug of high concentration, you can count on a fairly long-lasting result. Hydrogen peroxide can be purchased in online stores or pharmacies at a fairly affordable price.
However, the following points should be considered:
- With the wrong use of the active substance is likely to increase the sensitivity of enamel.
- At the time of using hydrogen peroxide, there is a possibility of a burning sensation on the teeth and gums.
As practice shows, with proper use of the substance during the week the enamel brightens by 1-2 tons. In some cases, there is a possibility that the effect will appear within a few days.
Also, at home, they recommend teeth treatment caps for teeth whitening, which will lighten the teeth from all sides. The cost of such caps is available to everyone.
Contraindications for teeth whitening
Contraindications to the procedure of bleaching the following:
- Period wearing braces.
- At the age of 16, the procedure is contraindicated due to the inconclusive formation of dental tissue.
- During pregnancy.
- With individual intolerance to hydrogen peroxide.
- In the presence of seals on the central teeth, as bleaching can make them more visible.
Also, experts do not recommend carry out the procedure with a pronounced caries or enamel hypersensitivity. When visiting a dentist, a specialist should recommend the most appropriate method of bleaching based on the condition of the teeth.