Mandarin is a favorite Christmas treat of millions of compatriots. Previously, fruits were scarce, so people could afford to decorate the New Year’s table with 2-3 fruits. Then the tangerines and became associated with the winter holiday. The Chinese consider them a symbol of prosperity and success, the Japanese – happiness, prosperity and longevity. Juicy orange fruit gives New Year’s mood and has a positive effect on our body. We propose to find out how many calories are in a mandarin (1 pc and 100 g), the ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, what are its beneficial properties.
How much does mandarin weigh 1 pc?
The average weight of mandarin: 110 grams
Calorie mandarin 1 pc without peel: 25 kcal
Calorie mandarin per 100 grams
For women who are watching their diet and counting KBDT daily, we have good news: the calorie content of tangerines is 33 kcal per 100 grams. This number you can see in the tables and references.
True, there is one nuance: this is the energy value of fresh tangerine with skin. The fruit is consumed fresh, the crust is eaten by units. How to find out the energy value of jam or juice? You do not have to go into mathematical calculations to calculate how many calories in 1 tangerine without skin or 1 kg of dried fruit, because nutritionists have done this work for you!
Fresh without peel
Mandarin juices, liqueurs, compotes, jams, marmalade and other products are prepared. But the overwhelming majority of our compatriots consume fresh juicy orange fruits. Therefore, it is useful to know what the calorie content of a tangerine without a peel. The energy value per 100 grams of peeled fruit is 38 kilocalories. In 1 slice – from 2 to 5 kcal.
Small, Spanish clementine mandarins weigh from 40 to 70 grams. The variety popular in the market is Morocco tangerine, it is distinguished by its average size of fruits. The mass of peeled fruit 60-100 grams, 1 piece contains 22-38 kcal. Abkhaz tangerines have the largest size. Calorie fruit 50 kcal and above.
Mandarin calorie content 1 pc – from 16 to 45 kcal (depending on size).
Dried tangerines have a high energy value and contain huge reserves of nutrients. Their regular consumption will improve blood circulation, speed up metabolic processes, increase appetite and increase body tone. Effective fruits and as an antiviral agent. But how many calories in dried tangerines in comparison with fresh fruit? Yes! In the process of drying all the liquid evaporates, the fruit of the mandarin loses 80% of the initial mass. Calorie dried tangerines 230 kcal per 100 grams of product. If sugar was added to them, then 260-280 kilocalories.
In tangerine juice
Natural tangerine juice can be obtained by squeezing ripe fruit. It has a sweet-sour aroma, quenches thirst and refreshes in hot weather. Used to treat asthma and bronchitis, effectively eliminates swelling and removes mucus.
Tangerine juice – a storehouse of nutrients: in vitamins of group B, A, E, PP, ascorbic acid, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium and sodium. To consume the drink is useful for children and sick people. Calorie tangerine juice is estimated by nutritionists at 36 kilocalories per 100 milliliters.
Mandarin jam and jam
Tangerine jam or jam is beneficial for humans: these products strengthen bones and ligaments, slow down cellular aging processes, normalize the functioning of the heart muscle and have a beneficial effect on the immune system. But to consume them in large quantities is not worth, people who are on a diet. Otherwise, it will be difficult to avoid gaining extra pounds, increasing blood pressure and disturbances in the functioning of the digestive tract. A high sugar content in the jam hides an additional threat to people suffering from the initial stages of diabetes. Caloric content of 100 grams of a product is 276 kcal.
Chemical composition and nutritional value
Like other citrus fruits – oranges, lemons or grapefruits, fresh mandarin is rich in valuable vitamin C. Ascorbic acid helps the body support the immune system, promotes rapid healing of wounds and protects the oral cavity from inflammation. Mandarin has a high content of flavonoids, eliminating free radicals and removing toxins from the body. Vitamin B1 is responsible for the regulation of metabolic processes, cell regeneration and rejuvenation of the body. 11% of fruit mass is sugar!
List the beneficial substances that contains mandarin. These are vitamins A and P (contained in the peel), organic acids, pectin, cellulose, phytoncides, glycosides, and mineral salts (in the pulp). What is the nutritional value of the fetus?
BJA tangerine in 100 grams:
Health Benefits of Mandarin
With calorie, food and energy value of the product, we figured it out. Consider the useful tangerines for the human body:
- An important property of the fruit is the ability to quickly restore the reserves of vitamins lost by the body during the winter period. Fruits contain ascorbic acid, accelerating the healing process for colds and flu.
- The rind of the fruit facilitates coughing and normalizes digestion. Fruits normalize metabolism and burn calories. Particularly appreciated for their low calorie slimming.
- Mandarin – anti-edematous, anti-mucus medication that improves the condition of the bronchi and mucus derived from them due to the high content of synephrine (another name is phenolic amino acid).
- Regular consumption of fruits reduces the risk of developing heart disease and atherosclerosis, reduces cholesterol in the blood. To get the maximum benefit from the fruit, nutritionists recommend consuming it along with a thin white net enveloping every slice. It is there that glycosides are present that strengthen the circulatory system.
- Both large and small tangerines are an effective natural antidepressant. Fruits calm the nervous system and tone the body.
- The rind of fruits is as good as their flesh. It contains a lot of pectin substances, essential oils, organic acids, flavonoids. The peel is recommended to use for making candied fruits and all kinds of tinctures. But be careful: unscrupulous manufacturers rub wax on the skin of fruits, giving them a bright glossy look. This peel can not be consumed.
- Mandarins are useful in pregnancy. At the beginning of the second trimester, expectant mothers are acutely deficient in vitamin C. It is possible to replenish its reserves by consuming 1-2 fruits per day. Well, massage with essential oils of orange fruits will protect moms’ skin, preventing the appearance of stretch marks.
How many tangerines can be eaten per day?
Despite the fact that the mandarins are the second most popular New Year product (after the salad “Olivier”), they should not be eaten. And the number of calories here does not matter. Excessive consumption of fruit can lead to oversaturation of the body with vitamins, or hypervitaminosis (the main symptoms are rash, headache, increased pressure).
For adults, doctors recommend eating 200 grams of mandarins per day (3-4 medium-sized fruits), children – 150 grams (2-3 fruits). There are restrictions on the consumption of natural juice. Children should drink up to 150 ml of the drink per day, adults – up to 200 milliliters.