Walking, including the stairs – one of the oldest forms of physical activity and one of the most accessible. It can be practiced by people of almost all ages for health, it is shown even to those who cannot, for example, run. Classes at the stepper can successfully replace it.
And if such a simulator “settled” in your apartment, workouts are not canceled, either because of the weather or because of an inconvenient schedule in the fitness room. What benefits you will get, and who better to abandon the step loads, tell you right now.
What is a simulator?
The principle underlying the operation of this cardiovascular machine, in contrast to the exercise bike, is simple: alternately walking on the pedals of the lever mechanism, imitating the rise up the stairs.
With any stepper design (it can be with a mechanical and electromagnetic loading system, with dependent or independent pedal travel, differ in type, size, design, set of functions) it the task is to strengthen the muscles. First of all – the legs and buttocks, although various modifications include a variety of exercise options. For example:
- Classical and its smaller version – the mini-stepper – is aimed at strengthening and pumping the lower extremities and gluteus muscles, however, by training on such cardio using dumbbells, you can connect the hands and the top of the body to the work;
- With expanders, mounted on elastic strands helps to use the upper body muscle groups;
- Rotary stepper it is equipped with a turning handle for turning the body at the same time with steps, due to which not only the legs, but also the waist, back, and press are being worked out; the balancing step develops coordination by constantly moving the center of gravity of the body from foot to foot, loading the abs and the legs;
- Elliptic – symbiosis of the stepper, exercise bike and treadmill – pumps all the muscles of the body;
- Child From the age of 4, it has been called upon to attract the attention of children to sports and to help their general physical development.
- Balancing stepper. Classes are like an energetic dance.
6 useful properties
Unconditional The advantage of this cardio trainer is to provide the necessary amount of natural movements for a person. Performing them regularly and correctly, you can achieve excellent results in several directions at once.
1. Benefits for the heart, vessels and lungs
The stepper is a cardiovascular device – it increases the blood supply to the heart muscle (including its capillarization increases), the brain, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, normalizes the work of the lungs and the respiratory system as a whole.
Important! If your goal is to strengthen the heart, the method of achieving this is short (no more than 15–20 minutes), but intense (at the upper limit of the pulse). When fat loss, for example, everything happens the other way around.
The cardiovascular benefits of heart health will only be obtained with proper pulse control exercises.
The upper and lower boundaries of the pulse, if your simulator is not equipped with a computer with sensors, you can calculate, taking away from 220 (baby pulse at birth) age and multiplying the resulting number by 85% and 65%.
These indicators are class performance monitors: if the pulse is lower, the exercise will not give a result at all, the higher is a signal that you are overloaded.
Scientific fact: People who spend more than an hour walking during the day (at that hour you can turn on a half-hour workout on a shag) reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by 5 times. And one more thing: it is proved – it is only for a person to buy a car, in the first few months he significantly gains weight, and the condition of the cardiovascular system worsens.
2. Increase muscle tone
The main “pumping” zones on this simulator are the legs (calves, ankles), hips (including the breeches, problematic for many,), buttocks. However, if your stepper is equipped with levers, a turning handle, expanders, or you simply use weights for your arms (dumbbells, cuffs and
3. Reduction of cellulite
“Orange peel” will steadily melt during regular exercises on the simulator, providing enhanced blood circulation in problem areas of the lower body.
The effect can be increased if you combine classes with cosmetic procedures, the use of anti-cellulite products or wearing special neoprene clothing during training.
Improving blood circulation helps to eliminate toxins and slags, smoothing the skin surface.
4. Improved coordination, increased strength and endurance
Coordination, or coordinated muscle activity is the basis of any movements of the human body. How much higher it is, how confident a person is in his physical activity. It develops any stepper, but in particular – balancing, or side.
Classes on this simulator also increase strength and endurance, which is especially important in our “sedentary” age, when the muscles do not get almost no load and weaken at a rather young age.
Following this, begin problems with bones and joints, internal organs. Even modern children sit a lot for lessons and computers, their physical activity is extremely low. Movement – the main stimulator of growth, development and formation of the body. – One of the main biological functions of the body.
Begin to inculcate the skills of physical culture from the age of 4, making them strong and resilient, allow kids and cardiovascular equipment, including a children’s stepper.
See the video for more details:
5. Strengthening immunity and general healing effect
Regular physical activity stimulates metabolic processes and provides a full physiological load, including at the stage of recovery after injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. And long-term natural walking movements improve blood circulation in the muscles of the limbs, the abdominal cavity and the pelvic area.
All this strengthens the overall immunity, 90% of which depends on the work of the intestine, and serves to prevent constipation, prostate adenoma in men and gynecological diseases in women.
6. Body correction
Smart, slim, beautiful silhouette – the result of methodical training on stepper. Also one of the main advantages – the stepper effectively helps to lose weight. Let’s talk more about what results can be obtained while practicing and why knees hurt from exercises.
The effectiveness of classes on stepper for weight loss
Weight loss on a stepper simulator: burning of excess calories, speeding up the metabolism and, as a result, smartness and clarity of body lines.
Feature! To enhance the effect, you need to limit yourself in carbohydrates, but increase the proportion of protein foods. With this diet balance, the available weight loss is about 1 kg per week.
What to consider when dropping extra pounds?
- How to start? With 10-15-minute sessions with low intensity, but not less than the lower limit of the pulse. Do not forget about warming up muscles at the beginning and hitch-stretching at the end of the cardio session (5-10 minutes, depending on the time of training). Gradually, as the muscles adapt, bring the class up to an hour during the month. But even 15 minutes every day in a month will manifest itself.
- Duration With the goal of losing weight, the optimal time is 40-60 minutes at low intensity (pulse is about 100-110 beats per minute for beginners and 120-130 for medium preparation). The “25 minutes rule” works here – during this period of exercise, blood sugar and carbohydrate glycogen from the cells of the tissues are consumed, and only after these minutes does the process of burning fat start.
- Periodicity. 2-3 times a week is ideal for beginners and for fitness experienced people. The difference is in the intensity of the load.
- In the morning or evening? Those who want to lose weight, preferably morning. A sharp transition from a lazy state to an active one will help the body burn fat more intensively to compensate for the energy expended.
Attention! In 30 minutes, at the indicated intensity, 250 kilocalories are “burned” on the stepper. This figure is similar to the consumption of calories when jogging.
Contraindications and possible harm
Walking is so natural to humans that it can occur false conviction: The stepper has no contraindications at all. However, it is not. Do not forget: the steps on the simulator are steps with an effort. In some cases, it should be abandoned at all, or trained with caution and under the supervision of a specialist.
You will do yourself harm, if a:
- the injuries (sprains, fractures, sprains and
After a workout my knees hurt: why and what to do?
Often they complain of painful sensations in the knees when practicing on shagovikah. Sometimes for this reason, classes are suspended altogether, and the simulator gathers dust at home without work.
Usually such a pain – signal of that, that when doing the exercise initially wrong doing the starting position, and after this, the load on the knees is incorrectly distributed and traumatic situations arise. That is why the knowledge of how much you need to walk and how to properly engage in a stepper is very important.
In the gym avoid the mistakes and choose the right technique will help the instructor.
At home it just follows follow a few rules:
- do not bend too much and do not straighten the legs in the kneecaps to the end – this will reduce the load on the joints;
- put your feet on the pedals so that your knees and socks are slightly turned outwards (heels together, toes apart) – when moving, do not keep your knees close together, they should walk in parallel;
- stand on the platform with a full foot, without hanging any toes or heels, and when moving, do not push the pedals with toes, tearing off the heels, and make sure that the bent knee does not go beyond the border of the toe standing on the platform – bend your legs smoothly and not much.
If your knees from the simulator are still sick, stop training, giving them time to recover, and in the meantime spread them with ointment for the joints, drink chondroprotectors or eat gelatin-containing foods more often – jelly, jellies. Wait until the pain recedes, but now start training, carefully watching the technique.
Imagine how beautiful people are hiding under a layer of unnecessary fat! And to show them to the world, you need quite a bit – self-discipline and 40 minutes of free time three times a week. A little for such a high purpose, right?