Exercise plank – one of the best for the abdominal muscles. It allows not only to acquire a steel press, but also to strengthen the muscles of the back, shoulder, buttocks. Exercise is universal – it is equally effective for both women and men. To achieve the desired effect, you need to consider how to properly perform the “bar”, otherwise you can get injured.
How to prepare for the exercise
The “plank” exercise is not popular in gyms, as it is unlikely to work out press dice in this way. Its purpose is to strengthen the muscles, along with which the burning of fat. The effect will be positive only after the “plank” exercise is done correctly. There are basic rules that should be followed before class. You need to make sure that you get to get into the correct position, and then begin this exercise for the press.
Important rules are as follows:
- The most important thing is an even position of the back. If it bends or rounds, there is a risk of serious injury.
- The pelvis should be parallel to the floor, so the load on the lumbar region is less.
- It should not be kept in tension neck, head and shoulders, they should be located on the same plane.
- Lower limbs must be fully extended. Any bending leads to the fact that the load on the lower back increases dramatically.
- Shoulders should be above wrists or above elbows. Other options are not allowed.
After reviewing the basic rules, you can consider in detail how to do the plank exercise. This stand is different in that the most important thing in it – keep your body properly for as long as possible. It is much better to stand thirty seconds properly, than 3 minutes with a curved back or legs. When deciding to do the exercise “plank”, how to do the video can be seen, but due to the lack of active movements, it is better to resort to using the coach at the initial stage. Many come to the appropriate execution on their own, gradually increasing the load and observing all the rules.. So, before starting a workout, you need to understand what position all parts of the body should be in.
To do this, do the following:
- stand with your back against the wall, legs together;
- heels, buttocks, shoulder blades and neck should be pressed against the wall;
- lower shoulders, a deflection will appear in the lumbar region (a palm should extend into it, if more – you should correct the situation).
In this form, you must stand several times a day, and constantly before the start of the lesson. For 3-4 days the muscles will get used and it will become easier to fulfill the “bar” in the sense that the body itself will assume the correct position.
What gives the exercise “plank”
Exercise plank for losing weight – one of the most difficult, because it involves the weight of the human body. The advantage of it is that most muscles are tense, so that it is great for warming up before serious workouts. According to the trembling of the whole body, already after 20-30 seconds it is easy to understand which muscles work when exercising the “plank” exercise:
- press – it accounts for the main load;
- bark muscles;
- gluteal muscles.
- the body is more toned, the skin will be elastic;
- arms stronger, with no increase in muscle;
- The plank for slimming the abdomen will allow you to notice its decrease, especially in the lower part, which is difficult to get rid of.
All muscle groups are in a stressful situation, which is why this type of training is more effective for losing weight of the abdomen and sides than a simple swing of the press. Not every person starting to lose weight is capable of performing such a complex exercise. Muscle tone is different for everyone, in some cases, you first need to learn more simple techniques to strengthen them. What gives the exercise “plank” can be seen almost immediately, provided regular exercises: the stomach becomes flat, the buttocks are elastic, the spine is stronger.
After a short time, the following will become noticeable:
- carpal tunnel syndrome;
- any chronic diseases in the acute stage;
- high blood pressure;
- any spinal injury;
- neuropathy of the radial nerve;
- pregnancy, especially having complications;
- spinal hernia;
- any injuries and sprains of the elbows, shoulders, hands and feet.
Most often, the program is designed for 30 days, after which the result is simply amazing. If you wish to continue to engage, it is recommended to increase the load, since reviews show that after a month it becomes much easier and efficiency decreases.
Types of exercise
You can perform the bar in different ways, depending on the person’s physical fitness. Exercise for weight loss, many people want to start from the most difficult stage in order to quickly get rid of excess fat and bring the body into the desired shape. Planck is an exercise that is ideal for slimming the abdomen and sides, but only with a gradual increase in load. The degree of muscle tension depends on the type, more about them in the table: