Due to the fact that with each passing day the ecological condition worsens, poor heredity is more often manifested. Also, people lead a wrong lifestyle, because of this, too, cases of heart attack and stroke are increasing. But the majority of citizens believe that there is practically no difference between these diseases. But this is a blunder.
To find out how a stroke differs from a heart attack, first of all you need to know what causes these diseases. Both are attributed to the group of cardiac disorders. Only a few years ago only elderly people could get sick of them. But nowadays it is increasingly common in the younger generation.
What is the difference between a heart attack and a stroke? The answer to this question can be found by considering their characteristics. A heart attack is a disease of a local or all-encompassing organ. It arises from thrombosis in the vessels, as well as the fact that there is no supply of nutrients and nutrients. Immediately after a heart attack (within three to four hours) necrosis can develop, and the organ gradually dies off.
In making the diagnosis, the doctor must clarify the location of the lesion. These may be the following organs:
– cardiac muscle – myocardium;
Since the main cause of this disease is vascular thrombosis, this is the main difference from stroke.
And what is this disease? How does a stroke manifest? The work of the organs of the nervous system is impaired, which affects the blood circulation, more often it occurs in the brain. Can manifest itself in different ways:
– in the form of thrombosis, almost the same as in a heart attack;
– cramp (this means that a sharp contraction of the artery occurs).
Stroke proceeds in a more severe form and is characterized by impaired functions for which the brain is responsible.
There are cases such that the cerebral artery infarction is classified as a stroke. What is the difference in these diseases?
Even these two diseases are different from each other in that after a stroke the affected area of the brain does not recover, and the work of dead cells will fall as an additional burden on neighboring cells, which function normally. And although rehabilitation takes a long time and requires a lot of patience, recovery is quite real.
What is the difference between stroke and heart attack? To answer this question, it is necessary to highlight the causes of such diseases:
– thrombosis in the vessels;
– infectious diseases (acute forms) that the patient suffers or has already suffered.
Also, poor heredity and environmental factors can trigger the development of the disease. In addition, the cause of this disease can be:
– alcohol, nicotine and drug addiction;
– stress, poor diet;
– excessive exercise.
The first signs of two diseases
What is the difference between a stroke and a heart attack, that they are so often confused? Although these are two different diseases, the symptoms are very similar. The first signs are:
– pallor and numbness of the body, in most cases accompanied by loss of consciousness;
– blood pressure deviates from the norm, most often it is elevated;
– facial features go numb, shortness of breath occurs, breathing problems occur, which in turn creates a greater threat. At this point, you need to carefully monitor that the language does not sink and does not impede the flow of air into the body;
Difference in symptoms
In the next step, it is easier to distinguish between these two diseases:
- If it is a stroke, then full or partial paralysis of the body occurs.
- In the case of a heart attack, there are such signs: the earlobes turn black, the skin of the face gets an earthy hue, the lips become blue. These and other symptoms may precede cardiac arrest. Here is the difference between stroke and heart attack.
First aid is obligatory, that in the first, that in the second case. To begin with, what should be done is to provide the patient with access to oxygen, and then take measures to restore the normal functioning of the affected organ. If you do not know how this is done, then it is better not to touch the victim, but to provide complete rest. Ambulance should be called as soon as possible.
In the event that it is a stroke, and for three hours the brain cells do not feed on the necessary substances, then necrosis will begin – cell death.
If it is a heart attack, then it is highly likely that the death will occur even before the ambulance arrives. But even with timely help from doctors, life-saving transplantation is necessary, or implantation of valves and a plate of artificial origin will be required.
Stroke and heart attack brain. Difference
What is the difference between stroke and cerebral infarction? They have the following differences:
- In a stroke, blood flow to the brain is blocked. And this leads to tissue damage. A heart attack disrupts the nutrition of the damaged organ. This leads to the death of tissues.
- A stroke affects only the brain, and a heart attack – in the event of necrosis – any organ.
- Heart attack refers to cardiovascular disease. Stroke is a neurological disease.
- There are many reasons for a stroke, and for heart attack the main one is thrombosis;
- The result of a stroke is disability. After the second disease is often fatal.
What is the difference between stroke and cerebral infarction? The difference can be seen in the symptoms:
- During a stroke dizziness occurs, gait becomes shaky. With a heart attack, such signs are not observed.
- When a stroke occurs, the patient loses consciousness. During a heart attack, he experiences severe weakness.
- When a stroke begins, there is numbness of the limbs, difficulty in movement. And during a heart attack due to severe pain activity is manifested.
Stroke and myocardial infarction. Differences
What is the difference between stroke and myocardial infarction? Here are the first symptoms of a heart attack:
– the occurrence of compressive pain, which gives to the left side of the body above the waist, as well as to the jaw and throat;
– tachycardia can be distinguished;
– the nasolabial triangle turns blue, the skin of the face darkens, and with it the ear lobes;
– there is severe shortness of breath;
– arrhythmia, sharp pain in the abdomen;
In rare cases, there is a single symptom – complete cardiac arrest.
Consequences of disease
If we talk about how a stroke differs from a heart attack and which of these diseases is more dangerous, then there is no definite answer. Although in case of a heart attack, death is more common. But with a stroke, it is also possible. But as after the transfer of one disease, and after another, the consequences are serious.
Consequences after a stroke:
– paralysis and paresis;
– intellectual impairment – dementia;
– there are pains in different parts of the body, as well as numbness of the limbs.
– heart rhythm is disturbed, arrhythmia occurs;
– decrease in heart function;
– manifestation of cardiogenic shock;
– rupture of heart muscles is possible.
One unites these two diseases – a threat to human health and further human activity.