What diseases treats an allergist-immunologist.
The doctor of this specialization is engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases associated with improper operation of the immune system of the baby. In children, allergic pathologies are much more common than in adults. They have immature immune and digestive systems, a large number of allergens can be ingested with food, which is often accompanied by a violent reaction of immunity.
An allergist doctor-immunologist treats such diseases:
- bronchial asthma;
- atopic dermatitis;
- allergic rhinitis;
- anaphylactic shock;
- food allergies;
- immunodeficiency states;
- autoimmune diseases.
Who needs to see a doctor?
A pediatric allergist-immunologist should be contacted in the following cases:
- The appearance of clinical signs of allergic diseases.
- Signs of reduced immunity: frequent respiratory infections, purulent skin lesions, recurrent fungal pathologies.
- Routine vaccination – for examination and evaluation of possible contraindications to the vaccine.
- Conditions after organ transplantation, radiation and chemotherapy, postponed radiation sickness.
In most cases, an allergist-immunologist is contacted when allergy symptoms are detected. They are very diverse. These symptoms may be:
- sneezing and runny nose with the discharge of large amounts of mucus;
- conjunctival redness;
- dry cough without sputum, which torments the child at night or after exercise;
- puffiness and redness of the face;
- swelling of any location, accompanied by itching of the skin, redness;
- skin rashes in the form of wheals (celiac elements that rise above the surface of the skin are usually red);
- expiratory dyspnea (it is difficult for the child to exhale);
- the appearance of red spots on the body;
- diarrhea and abdominal discomfort in response to the use of certain foods.
Consultation with a pediatric allergologist-immunologist
At the consultation, the doctor pays great attention to clarifying the history of the disease. He specifies to parents, under what circumstances symptoms appear when they disappear. He speaks with them about the living conditions of the child, the peculiarities of his diet, clarifies the presence of allergic diseases in the immediate family.
Then the doctor conducts an examination and physical examination. He examines the skin, visible mucous membranes. Then he listens with a stethoscope to the baby’s chest.
After that, the doctor prescribes tests that are necessary to establish a diagnosis or to clarify it. After receiving the results, the doctor begins treatment.
Modern methods for the diagnosis of allergic pathologies are available at the SM-Doctor clinic. A private laboratory is available. Therefore, we get all the test results quickly and we can be sure that their results are correct. The doctor may prescribe a child:
- skin allergy tests;
- provocative tests;
- blood test for immunoglobulin E;
- spirography – to assess the function of external respiration in bronchial asthma.
The main task of the doctor is to establish the main allergens that trigger hypersensitivity reactions in a child. Protecting your baby from contact with these substances in the future will prevent repeated bouts of allergies.
Treatment in "SM-Doctor"
An allergist-immunologist at the SM-Doctor clinic uses various methods of treating allergic diseases, including:
- Drug treatment – ingestion, application to the skin, inhalation administration of drugs that eliminate allergic inflammation or reduce the symptoms of a hypersensitivity reaction.
- Non-drug treatment – the doctor advises parents on breastfeeding, the introduction of complementary foods, the child’s diet, skin care. Compliance with all recommendations helps to prevent repeated bouts of allergies.
- Allergen-specific immunotherapy (ASIT) – involves the regular introduction into the body of increasing doses of allergens to form resistance to them in a child in the future. The result of this therapy can be a multi-year remission of the disease or a complete cure for allergies.
If your child has been diagnosed with bronchial asthma, and you have difficulty with how you can control the course of the disease at home, we will try to help you with this issue. Conducting a study of respiratory function, selection of basic therapy and control of an asthma attack, training in keeping a self-monitoring diary and the use of your assistants – a peak flow meter and a nebulizer – are also possible by contacting our children’s allergist.
In "SM-Doctor" you can sign up for a consultation with an allergist-immunologist at any convenient time. If necessary, you can call the doctor at home.
Consultations of leading specialists of Russia
The patients of the clinic “SM-Doctor” have a unique opportunity to get advice from the leading specialist of Russia, Professor Dali Shotaevna Macharadze.
Practitioners of similar profile in Moscow units. Contacting the clinic "SM-Doctor" you can get advice on immunocorrection and immune rehabilitation of your child. The vast professional experience allows our specialists to diagnose complex cases of diseases of internal organs and prescribe effective treatment.
Macharadze Dali Shotaevna, – Professor at the Department of Allergology and Clinical Immunology at the Medical Institute of the Russian Peoples’ Friendship University, has a work experience in the specialty of more than 30 years, has extensive knowledge and unique experience.
Thymus Pathology Center
You can get the details, make an appointment with a specialist by phone +7 (495) 777-48-49