Put into operation on July 3, 1974, the Novosibirsk Electrode Plant next year will be 45 years old. About the All-Union shock Komsomol construction, Novosibirsk electrode plant – all this in today’s report.
1. Following the results of 1976, at the All-Union Komsomol construction 34 young builders and installers were awarded signs “Drummer of Communist Labor”, seven were honored with the badge “Winner of the Socialist Competition of 1976”.
2. Despite the impressive anniversary date, I personally became convinced that NovEP is a unique modern production of the carbon-graphite industry. It has always been so, not only during the USSR, but now. EPM-NovEZ is a business card of the region not only in our country, but also abroad.
3. The main focus of its activities is the production of high-tech electrode, cathode and other carbon-graphite products. It is used in the steel, aluminum, ferroalloy, silicon, chemical and engineering industries.
4. The Novosibirsk Electrode Plant is located 75 kilometers south of the city of Novosibirsk (
6. The range of products: large-sized carbon electrodes, graphite electrodes and nipples, cathodic products, corner and side blocks, calcined anthracite, blast-furnace blocks, low-shrinkage mass, shaped and small-sized products, oil-baked calcined cokes.
7. The Novosibirsk Electrode Plant is the only supplier in Russia of large mono-electrodes. In 1982, NovEP acquired the production of graphitized electrodes, which are now in great demand in the domestic metallurgy and are used in industries with complex technological processes associated with extremely high temperatures in the smelting of steel, special alloys and ferroalloys. The products have high heat resistance and do not change their shape, mass, volume and properties when exposed to high temperatures.
8. Graphite electrodes.
9. Nipples to graphite electrodes.
10. Products manufactured by EPM-NovEP are known far beyond the borders of our homeland. Its customers are companies producing primary aluminum, metallic silicon, ferroalloys, and steel in Russia, the CIS countries, Europe, the Middle East, North and South America, Australia and Southeast Asia.
Raw materials (coal anthracite, petroleum coke and needle coke) are stored in the closed warehouses of the Novosibirsk electrode plant separately by types and brands. In the photo we see one of these warehouses for storing petroleum coke.
11. Raw materials are supplied to the EPM-NovEP in the wagons.
13. Raw materials must pass the entrance control in the central factory laboratory (CPL). The physicomechanical indicators of the quality of electrode products are determined at the operational control bureau with high accuracy on modern laboratory equipment.
14. This is necessary to ensure the required quality of graphite products. Here, some work is carried out on the selection and control of the technological properties of raw materials. Pike and petroleum cokes of needle-like structure with high thermal resistance are used as solid fillers, which is controlled by the laboratory. It also measures the linear thermal expansion coefficient and thermal conductivity, which largely determine the operational durability of graphite electrodes.
15. After passing the input control, the raw material is transferred to production. Here it enters the rotary calcining furnaces.
17. Quenching furnaces. The length of each 60 meters.
18. In a tempering furnace under the influence of high temperatures, the structure of the coke is compacted, and the physical and mechanical properties are improved by removing moisture and volatile substances.
19. The temperature of the processing of raw materials reaches 1800 ° C.
20. The rotary prokalochny furnace is a steel drum, inside it is trimmed with refractory brick. The drum is set at an angle of