What is libido in men? Libido – implies attraction to the opposite sex and has a psychological beginning. Do not confuse this concept with potency – physiological capabilities. In other words, in the first case it is appropriate to say “I want”, and in the second – “I can”.
With age, men often have problems: the stronger sex at the sight of a beautiful woman ceases to feel the desire. It mainly depends on testosterone levels, but there are other reasons as well. Let’s see why this happens and how to get rid of the problem.
- Male libido – what is it
- Increased male libido
- Causes of low libido
- What is reduced libido in men and its treatment
Male libido – what is it
So what is libido in men? That it is responsible for the male force – the energy that underlies sexual desire; expressing it both during the act and before it.
Libido shows how strongly a person wants intimacy with the opposite sex and with what frequency this desire can arise. Procreation and reproductive function are directly dependent on it.
Understanding what libido is, there are several component factors: psychology and physiology. First, let’s deal with the physiological. It is determined by the hormonal background and the amount of hormones produced by the body.
The hormone testosterone is responsible for sexual desire for women. With its deficiency, there is a disproportion of female and male hormones, which negatively affects both the libido and the potency.
As for the psychological factor, everything is not so simple. It completely depends on the mood of the man and his emotional state.
Causes of low libido are often psychological.
For example, temperament is very important. He will play a significant role in the attraction to the woman and the desire for intimacy with her. It can literally break everything: conflicts in different areas, at work, in the family, stress, anxiety, insomnia.
All this leads to a decrease in libido, and as a result of any interest in a woman. A man risks to face such a problem as erectile dysfunction.
Increased male libido
Today, the problem of low libido in men is very common, but in practice there are cases when a man, on the contrary, is hyperactive. In this case, you need to talk about increased libido, this is a completely different problem.
Causes may be tumors, brain injuries, hormonal disorders, consequences of encephalitis. Find out the reason and choose the right method of treatment is best at the reception with a specialist.
It is also important to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Avoid nervous tension, conflict, stress
- Minimize stimuli
- Start an active lifestyle, go in for sports
- Eliminate the causes of alarms
- Practice yoga and meditation.
- Reduce adrenaline in the body
- Increase sleep duration
- Take herbs with a sedative effect.
Excessive sexual activity sometimes also requires expert advice.
Advice: Do not take libido as promiscuity. If we consider it from the point of view of medicine, it is a physiological disorder that needs to be treated.
Causes of low libido
Anyway, reduced libido is a very common problem, and to avoid it, you need to know all the reasons for its appearance.
The appearance of an attractive woman causes a response only in 50% of men. The rest have either a reduced level of attraction, or do not feel it at all.
The main causes of the problem are:
- Psychological factors. Constant stress, prolonged depression, lack of sleep, overwork, anxiety can significantly reduce the libido of men. Although for many it is a normal and everyday life. But for a man, constant stress in psychological terms promises only trouble with attraction to women. Therefore, dear ladies, remember: frequent scandals and swearing will not bring good.
- Hormonal disorders. The concepts of potency and libido are closely related to hormones. When a man is young and full of energy, testosterone production is normal, but closer to level 40 gradually decreases, which leads to a deterioration of potency.
- Chronic diseases often cause a decrease in libido. This is especially true of diseases associated with the cardiovascular system, endocrine organs.
- Genital trauma, mechanical action that can cause significant harm: the testicles are disturbed, they produce testosterone, and therefore libido is reduced.
- Medications can have a significant effect on a man. Especially hormones, antidepressants, sedatives and those that contain steroids.
- Indiscriminate intimate life – This applies to both long abstinence, and very violent sex life.
Try to avoid stressful situations as much as possible.
Initially, it is imperative to contact a urologist, endocrinologist and andrologist, because reduced libido and poor erection often indicate prostatitis, hormonal failure, diabetes and prostate adenoma. If there are no such reasons, most likely the case is in the psychological sphere.
And here we must highlight three factors that cause it:
Tip: if the attraction is completely absent, you should pay attention to hormonal disorders, anemia and age.
So, having established the exact reason, you can return the former youth, strength, activity, even increase interest in the fair sex. The main thing – do not be shy of your troubles, and immediately begin to look for a solution to the problem.
Use foods that normalize libido
What is low libido in men and how to treat it
First of all, it is worth remembering that solving the problem yourself is necessary and possible only in the case when there is a reduced libido. If the task is to fully return the lost sexual desire, you need to consult with a specialist.
It is also important to review the behavior in different aspects of life:
- Only proper nutrition without fatty and fried foods, the body should be provided with all necessary nutrients and vitamins.
- Increased blood testosterone levels
- Rest should be an integral part of life.
- If you are overweight, you need to normalize it.
- Medications must be carefully selected.
Pay attention to foods that increase testosterone in the blood, eat as much as possible nuts, herbs, garlic, onions and milk.
It is in the above products a huge content of zinc, and it is an important component in the structure of the molecules of testosterone, the main male hormone. It will not be superfluous to add vitamins B, C, D to the diet.
Of the minerals will be useful selenium, magnesium. They are easy to get from vegetables and fruits. And, of course, drink enough water.
Hormones are quickly and correctly synthesized in the body if enough proteins, fats, and carbohydrates start to be supplied there. It is this that will promote blood circulation in the genitals, stimulate the production of the necessary hormone.
Do not forget about reasonable physical exertion.
You can perform simple exercises to strain the muscles of the pelvis, they are quite effective and useful for men’s health. Give up bad habits, try to normalize your day to the maximum.
Exercise because regular exercise improves mood, improves your external and internal condition and helps to get rid of stress.
Following all the instructions, it will be quite easy to achieve a positive result. Given the psychological aspects of the problem, you must remember: for the normal development of the body, you need to constantly train.
Applying such an easy way, in the future you will not have to go to the doctors and look for the cause of the problem. Enough to start training libido. Classes are simple: this is the usual unobtrusive flirting with beautiful women – that’s all the exercises.
Having decided to marry, the man usually balances the character of the libido. This can be viewed from two sides: everything seems to be good, relations become stable, but how to maintain the “fire” that is so important for desire? Flirt with your wife, thereby developing your libido.
Tip: Exercises should be permanent, so you can compensate for the reflexes of psychological attraction.
While worrying about her husband, his wife can also take up libido. It is very simple to make it – to change your behavior and attitude towards your spouse.
Here are the basic rules to follow:
- Every woman in love should remember that men’s libido depends on her desire. Therefore, if your spouse begins to flirt or show signs of attention, respond to him in the same way.
- Despite quarrels and problems, fall asleep under one blanket. Every touch and tender hug is something that is so necessary to maintain normal male libido. Constant intimacy will not be able to dull the desire, but, on the contrary, will only strengthen it. Your love will serve as an excellent stimulation of male attention.
- Punishment in the form of deprivation of your attention will only aggravate the situation. This is the mistake many ladies make. Even if the spouse is very guilty, do not deprive him of carnal pleasures.
- If you are already satiated with each other, take a rest day. You can, for example, go to visit relatives or friends separately. Strengthen feelings can be with the help of short trips. But you should spend your vacation only together.
Do not try to solve the problem with pills.
Tip: a lot depends on a woman who is close to a man, harmony and comfort should reign in every family, and then the desire will not decrease.
Do not rush to drink pills
If you are inclined to medication, be careful. Reduced male libido may not require such intervention.
Often, at the age of 40, a man begins to lose power and is looking for a way to return everything to its place, the simplest one is pills. But we must remember that they can and do harm.
Do not forget that in old age a man may have a normal sexual desire for the opposite sex, sometimes even heightened.
Therefore, doctors may recommend hormone therapy, which normalizes testosterone levels. To reflect on whether it will be safe, useless: in such cases, you should consult a specialist.
Look for joy
Tip: a favorable emotional background often helps to restore the physiological capabilities better than any drugs.
And finally: watermelon, saffron, mint, celery, parsley, ginger are considered indispensable for male libido, and together with the consultation of a psychologist, the problem will go away by itself.
The main thing – do not be afraid to admit it. Stay healthy and stay with Life Reactor!
Even more useful information about testosterone and the features of this hormone can be found here.