Causes of disease
In adults, scrofula occurs predominantly as a result of a hereditary predisposition to this disease. Since this type of dermatitis is a “relative” of tuberculosis, parents suffering from such a disease can transmit to the child a tendency to atopic dermatitis, which occurs as a result of adverse living conditions.
Children have an illness as a result of the following reasons:
- hereditary factor;
- Inadequate nutrition, poor-quality products and lack of vitamins;
- lack of sunlight;
- allergic reactions;
- consumption of large amounts of sweets;
- birth of a baby in elderly parents;
- artificial feeding.
How scrofula manifests itself in childhood
[adrotate banner = ”4 ″] The first symptoms of the disease in babies occur in the form of the appearance of redness and peeling in the folds behind the ears. A little later in these places there are characteristic crusts of golden or grayish-yellow hue. They can exfoliate in pieces, while there is a constant and painful itching. If it is possible to remove the crust, then under it a smooth and even skin surface is found, without ulcer or wound surfaces. The scrofulous syndrome in infants can also have generalized manifestations in the form of nasal and ear discharge, swelling of the joints, inflammation of the eyes, seizures, and lymph node enlargement and tenderness..
If treatment is not prescribed, or is incorrect, then the lesion may spread to the area of the scalp, cheeks and other places. A neglected pathological process leads to the formation of cracks that cause pronounced discomfort.
At the moment, an increasing number of children who have symptoms of scrofula are registered. This is explained by the fact that parents often overfeed babies with sweets, muffle them, and this ends with skin problems. There is a high risk of developing such dermatitis in the absence of breastfeeding and using cow’s milk, which often causes an allergic reaction. The same effect in older children gives citrus and strawberry.
Helping with scrofula
Treatment of scrofula is carried out only individually, and its scheme depends on the cause of the disease:
- First of all, you should reconsider the diet of the baby, and remove from it all foods that provoke an allergic reaction, as well as sweets.
- It is necessary to use ointments for local treatment of the affected areas behind the ears and in other places. Zinc ointment, Sudocrem or Bepanten is recommended for this purpose, imposing means up to 5 times a day. In some cases, to prevent the accession of the infection is recommended Fukortsin.
- To increase the body’s resistance and restore the normal state, you should drink fish oil and take vitamin complexes.
How to help folk remedies
You can conduct a comprehensive treatment of scrofula using popular methods:
- Symptoms of the disease will pass faster if, along with ointments, baths with salt water are used. For 10 liters of water you need to dissolve one cup of salt or sea salt. Baths with pine needles or blackcurrant leaves also help. For this you need to make a decoction (per kilogram of raw materials 75 liters of water).
- Cabbage leaf should be chopped and boiled in milk (two large spoons of leaf per 250 ml of milk), cook for 5 minutes. Insist half an hour, add two spoons of bran. Mass spread behind the ears and in other affected areas. Hold for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- It is possible to treat the disease with the help of lotions with medunitsa medicinal. On a spoonful of grass is taken a glass of boiling water. Insist until readiness takes one hour. Strain before use.
- Good treatment with mint. This herb is used for lotions as well as for oral administration. To prepare the product, take a large spoonful of mint and pour 200 ml of boiling water over it, insist 30 minutes and drink one small spoon up to 4 times a day. The same infusion can wipe damaged ear and other skin areas.
- Gadgets can be made from the decoction of calamus, chamomile and oak bark. And you need to take in the same proportions and pour one liter of clean water, bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Insist one hour. Use until the symptoms of the disease have passed.
- To improve the condition of the skin with allergic dermatitis, you can drink healing tea from calendula flowers. For 500 ml of hot water, you need to take a small spoon of this plant and allow it to stand for 20 minutes. Strain and drink a quarter of a glass, 3-4 times a day.
- Rusty eruptions at scrofula pass faster, and itching disappears if you use the following recipe. It is necessary to prepare 1 part of white light wood and the series, 2 parts of violet (grass) and 3 parts of strawberry leaf. All ingredients should be well chopped and mixed. Such a collection should be boiled with boiling water (two large spoons of raw materials are taken in half a liter of liquid). Insist half an hour, strain and drink a quarter glass, 2 times a day.
- There is another difficult recipe for herbal, which successfully fights scrofulous rashes. For it you need to take the same amount of calendula, succession, hop cones, wheat grass, centaury. One large spoonful of this mixture should be filled with a glass of boiling water and infused in a thermos for about 4 hours. After this, the broth should be drained and taken three times a day, 3 large spoons.
- In order for a rash, itching, yellow crusts and other signs of scrofula to pass without a trace, you need to make a decoction of black chokeberry. Berries in the amount of two large spoons are filled with boiling water and boiled for 10 minutes. After that, you need to insist means for 2 hours, then it should be filtered and give the baby 1 large spoon twice a day.
Zolotuha responds well to treatment with both popular and medicinal products, but before you start using them, you need to consult with your doctor and act strictly according to his instructions.