From the moment the child is born to the appearance of speech cry – This is the main way that the baby is trying to convey to us their desires and requests. Crying baby– this is his “conversation” with you: so he reports that he is worried. The proverb “What would the child not amused, just not crying” confirms the opinion of modern pediatricians. Babies cry harmful! It is this meaning that is embedded in the well-known proverb, and not the desire to take a child in any way, just to not distract the parents.
Cry does not train the lungs and does not temper the character – forget about it! On the contrary, he shakes the nervous system of the crumbs and deprives him of the confidence that the world around us is safe and friendly. And also long crying can harm health baby literally and cause the formation of an umbilical hernia.
Baby’s first cry – This is the first cry of the baby after birth. The biological meaning of the first cry is to try to resist separation from the mother, this is a message to the world about the protest against changes in habitat. A similar reaction occurs in some mammals, especially in young primates. One way or another, but the first cry of a newborn is judged on its viability. The peculiarity of the first cry – loud, weak, sluggish – is a criterion for assessing the condition of the newborn. Babies cry very often, but the more parents communicate with their child, the more they recognize each other, the less the duration, frequency and intensity of crying. During the day, most babies cry, as a rule, between 16 and 20 hours.
In due course you, as well as I in due time, learn to distinguish all many-sided shades and intonations of crying of your child. So, why does a baby cry?
Why is the baby crying?
– Hunger or desire to take mother’s breast (sucking reflex). The most frequent crying in the neonatal period. You will quickly learn to recognize it by its characteristic demanding shade. This cry, as a rule, is intermittent, it is divided by several pauses, during which the baby carefully watches your actions and makes a conclusion whether they hear it or not. Usually “hungry crying” occurs not earlier than 2 hours after feeding, but no one guarantees that the baby does not want to eat his mother out of turn.
– Crying due to crowded diaper. There is less “hungry”: my children, for example, did not pay attention to such trifles. However, some obviously do not like it, and they may cry hard. Such crying is usually mournful.
– Crying “want to sleep.” It occurs after 3 months and not all children. Crying “I want to sleep” is often a whimper, capricious or offended shout. The kid is tired, he doesn’t want to play or talk, to consider anything, and demands to put him to bed. Rare babies can fall asleep on their own and, as a rule, need a special ritual of sleeping.
– Discomfort due to bright light, uncomfortable clothing, cold, loud sound. Here it is clear that the mother should guess what the child tells her, and immediately eliminate the cause of the discomfort.
– Fear that mom is not around – desire to cuddle up to mom, to feel protected.
– Reaction to weather changes. Kids are very sensitive to atmospheric phenomena and even to the phases of the moon, they are very sensitive to changes in atmospheric pressure, magnetic storms and other phenomena of nature.
– Pain and physical ailments. Understand whether cry baby a consequence of some kind of disease, only a doctor can. Specialist well known features of crying children with intestinal colic, increased intracranial pressure, teething.
– The greatest problems are created by moms in the first months of a child’s life crying with intestinal colic. It is accompanied by intense clenching of the cams, straightening the legs, redness of the face. The baby then presses the legs to the tummy, then drastically straightens them (twisting). The tummy is swollen. Here will help a whole range of activities to relieve intestinal colic.
What to do when a baby cries a lot?
You need to respond to crying baby as soon as possible. Take it in your arms, shake it, attach it to your chest. Take turns eliminating all possible inconveniences. Need to calm the crying in any way possible. In the arms of the mother, the baby quickly calms down. But the mother herself needs to remain calm so that her confidence is transferred to the baby. Soon you can easily distinguish crying number 1 from crying number 8 :-)! By the way, more often trust your baby to dad. I noticed that my husband in his arms son calmed down faster than me. Apparently, men are less sensitive to cry baby and convey their peace and goodwill to the children. Do not be afraid that the baby gets used to the hands. Crying at this age is a reflection of a real problem. The kid is experiencing stress, so the task of the parents is to alleviate his condition by all available means. After a month of life, when the sleep-feeding-wakefulness regime has formed, reason for crying can be determined based on what time crying baby.
How to calm a crying child?
1. Give a chest. The first remedy for babies helps in 80% of cases.
2. Sling. In my opinion, the sling is a trouble-free tool even if the baby has something to hurt. She put the baby to sleep only in a sling. The kid in it just turns off, and when you wear it in a sling, you can with one hand redo the sea of affairs. He practically does not react to any loud sounds. In addition, colic is easier for babies in a sling, they calm down there faster, after which they sleep and eat better.
3. Take the baby in your arms and put it in a vertical position.
4. To distract the attention of the child, to interest the bright object or toy.
5. Play music that your child likes.
7. To sing a lullaby or another song.
8. Distract with an unusual sound in my own performance: the sound “Tr-r-r-rrpp!” Helped my children a lot. Distracted and stopped crying instantly. True, the method did not last long, only about a month.
9. Put a pad of breast soaked in breast milk in a cot or stroller to the baby. This will give the baby the feeling of mom nearby.
10. Give a dummy if, of course, he takes it.
11. Give some water to drink.
12. Rhythmically walk and sing at the same time. For the eldest son, it was a trouble-free method of putting to bed.
13. Give the child to the father, grandmother, grandfather and
14. Jump in front of him bunny. Helps babies older. As soon as Daniel started screaming, I asked the elder Emile to jump. The kid just laughed with delight!
15. Circle or crouch with the baby in your arms.
16. Bring the baby to the house plant. Live leaves and flowers are sure to interest him.
17. Ride in a stroller, sit in a child seat.
18. Take out to the street or to the balcony, if the warm season and do not need to pre-dress.
19. Start the hanging mobile, let him see how the toys are spinning.
20. Even the kids are interested in a lamp-projector of drawings with illumination on the ceiling. If you have one, use it in the dark.
21. If you suffer from colic, Put the baby on your knees, putting a warm diaper, or carry on your hands, placing your palm under the baby’s tummy, and the head at this time lies on the crook of your elbow.
22. Instead of a warm diaper, which instantly cools, I used flax seed, sewn into a linen bag. Iron it on both sides with an iron; the seeds retain heat for a very long time.
23. Massage your tummy in a clockwise direction, press your knees towards your tummy.
24. A warm bath can help.
25. If nothing helps to remove the baby’s colic, put a vent tube on the baby (it’s better not to use the pharmacy variant, but a small rubber bulb, which should be cut off the butt) and release the little ones. This is 100% help.
And what helped your child quickly calm down? Dear Mom, if you have your own methods, how to calm the baby, Be sure to write about them in the comments! Thank you very much!