Everyone knows that women’s breasts consist of fat tissue by 90%. In each nipple there are ducts, which can periodically be blocked due to external factors. Sealing may occur in the form of various formations – balls or white dots. To the touch such balls are quite dense, when pressed on them, a white liquid can be released, odorless and viscous in its structure. Mostly women do not feel pain symptoms. But in the bathroom, some women may feel discomfort in the chest, because during steaming, these structures become dense. White dots on the nipples most often appear in nursing mothers and young girls, who actively undergo ripening of the mammary glands.
Causes of white dots
Many women who carefully monitor their breasts and perform regular breast palpation can immediately detect changes. Due to the malfunctioning of the mammary glands, small white dots may form on the nipples. Inadequate or inefficient hygienic procedures may provoke blockage of the channels. Therefore, you should take a daily shower, after which the chest should be wiped with a rough linen cloth, despite the discomfort.
In young girls, the appearance of white spots provokes the development of fatty tissue in large volumes.
It has been proven that hormonal failure in a woman can lead to various diseases and neoplasms, and white points on the nipples are no exception. Pregnancy often proceeds with a slight appearance.
Many lactating mothers face the same problem. But the reason for the formation of white dots is not a big development of adipose tissue, but the way the baby takes the nipple. If the child captures the nipple in only one place, then after a certain time there may appear a small hematoma, on which white dots will be located. Milk ducts are clogged in this case with fat from the accumulated milk, which does not go away during feeding. Over time, the newly formed balls begin to itch, bring discomfort to the woman, and sometimes pain.
How to remove the white points of a nursing mother?
Every nursing mother should know the following rules:
- The nipple is the most sensitive part of the breast, so you should give the baby the breast from different sides in order to avoid pain as much as possible.
- Remember that the ducts must be open. In another case, you may experience mastitis, which is treated in the clinic.
- If the white dots on the nipples are present in a small amount, then they can be removed by pressing. You must first treat the nipple. Thus, you can pull out the entire tube, and milk can start to stand out.
- In no case do not puncture yourself. Consult a doctor!
- If you periodically appear white dots on the chest, then you need to contact a gynecologist or mammologist. Most often, in such cases, medication and related physiotherapy are indicated.
- Remember that globules can also be a symptom of thrush that can be passed from mother to baby and vice versa. Be sure to monitor the purity of the mammary glands. The cause of the development of thrush are Candida mushrooms.
Thrush and duct blockage
Thrush can cause cracks, maceration, or other damage to the nipple during feeding. Candidiasis affects mainly the areola of the mammary gland and, accordingly, the oral cavity of the infant. If the doctor confirmed that the female nipples are affected by thrush, then it is necessary to treat not only the mother, but also the child.
Fordyce and Vitiligo Granules
White spots on the nipple can be a sign of Fordyce and vitiligo granules. Fordyce granules are not a diagnosis. This is a cosmetic defect. Female nipples, lips and external genitals are the places where they can appear. Such formations arise due to the congenital location of the sebaceous glands (when the secret accumulates inside the gland, and it is practically impossible to bring it out). Visually Fordyce granules look like nodules or specks of white.
As a result of hormonal imbalance, these nodules most often become inflamed, causing itching, redness and discomfort. These sensations most often increase during the menstruation period. The disease recedes with the onset of menopause.
The cause of vitilous (white spots) is a decrease or complete loss of the function of melanocytes in the hair, skin and on the retina of the eyes. Unfortunately, the causes and mechanism of manifestation of this disease are not fully understood. This disease can overtake at any age.
If you see white spots on the surface of the chest, do not self-medicate. It is necessary to immediately seek the help of a specialist doctor who will determine the cause of their occurrence and prescribe an effective treatment.