How long do pregnancy symptoms begin to manifest? And how to determine if fertilization has occurred? Answers to these questions are especially interesting for women who have made a decision or are very dreaming of having a child.
How long do the first signs of pregnancy appear?
Usually, the first symptoms of pregnancy appear 10 days after conception, because already 7 days after fertilization, serious hormonal changes occur in the female body, and they can be felt independently. Therefore, knowing the exact date of ovulation and paying special attention to their well-being, a woman will be able to notice the signs of the onset of pregnancy. This may be excessive emotionality – tearfulness, moodiness, irritability and
Regardless of the duration of pregnancy, in each case, expectant mothers are inherent in individual sensations, but there are also common ones that most women experience. Not the last role here is played by the features of the organism, the state of health, and even the desire to become pregnant (in fact, like the lack thereof). And therefore it is unambiguous to answer at what time the signs of pregnancy will appear exactly, difficult.
10 signs of early pregnancy
As mentioned above, the body of the expectant mother begins to respond to pregnancy as soon as conception occurred, and more precisely, as soon as the fertilized egg attached to the wall of the uterus. And therefore, certain signs may appear already in the early stages – they are very likely to suggest the occurrence of pregnancy. However, it is worth noting that many women do not feel any changes at all, but those who really want to get pregnant are able to find signs of pregnancy in themselves, even if there is no such thing.
So, 10 signs of early pregnancy, which even before the delay will help determine that you will soon become a mother. It is important to understand that the appearance of one or two of them is not a reason to run to the doctor. Evaluate your condition should be in the aggregate, on several grounds.
1. Spotting. About 6–12 days after ovulation, bloody, pinkish, or brown vaginal discharge may occur, accompanied by slight pulling pains in the lower abdomen. Feels like they are very similar to the onset of menstruation, but, nevertheless, a woman attends to the idea that menstruation does not begin as usual. This so-called implant bleeding caused by the attachment of the ovum to the wall of the uterus is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy;
2. Increase in basal temperature. Among the 10 signs of pregnancy, this is one of the most reliable. Women, leading temperature schedule, are well aware that the basal temperature rises at the time of ovulation. And if fertilization has not occurred, it decreases again. However, upon the occurrence of pregnancy, it remains at 37 ° C (sometimes slightly higher);
3. Feeling of general malaise, accompanied by fever. Such a change entails a change in hormonal levels. Not knowing about the pregnancy, the woman thinks that she simply caught a cold or became ill;
4. The feeling of heaviness in the pelvic region. During pregnancy, blood flow to the pelvic organs increases, so women can “feel” their uterus from the very first days of the implantation of the ovum;
5. Breast sensitization or swelling of the mammary glands. This sign of pregnancy appears one to two weeks after conception. The breast becomes so sensitive that sometimes it is simply impossible to touch it. However, some women, on the contrary, are surprised that for some reason the breast does not hurt before menstruation, as usual;
6. Nausea, vomiting, aversion to odors. Early toxicosis is one of the first signs of the onset of pregnancy. This condition may also be accompanied by a decrease in appetite, drooling, a change in taste preferences;
7. Frequent urination. Frequent urging due to hormonal changes that accompany pregnancy. As blood flow increases to the pelvic organs, the overflow of blood vessels causes temporary changes in the functioning of the kidneys, bladder and ureters;
8. A slight decrease in pressure. This sign of pregnancy is considered universal. In women, the pressure of which before pregnancy did not exceed the norm, it can lead to headaches, dizziness, weakness, fainting;
9. Bloating, intestinal upset, gas. During pregnancy, as a result of hormonal adjustment, the blood filling of the vessels of the abdominal cavity increases, intestinal peristalsis slows down, and the rate of advancement of its contents decreases. As a result, bloating occurs, constipation appears;
10. Abundant discharge from the vagina, thrush. The increase in vaginal secretions is a protective reaction of the body that occurs during pregnancy. So it prevents the penetration of pathogenic microbes, but at the same time creates favorable conditions for the reproduction of yeast fungi, which leads to thrush.
The first signs of pregnancy after a delay
Of course, the first clear sign of pregnancy is the cessation of menstruation. It is this fact that encourages a woman to buy a pregnancy test. However, monthly bleeding may be absent for various reasons, including due to irregular menstruation, stress, climate change, a disease and even trivial overwork. Therefore, delay is not always an early symptom of pregnancy. But if it is accompanied by some other signs, you can almost say 100% about the onset of pregnancy.
The first signs of pregnancy after a delay include:
- Breast augmentation. Sometimes this symptom is accompanied by the release of colostrum from the nipples. This is explained, again, by hormonal changes in the female body, which begins to actively prepare for the upcoming childbirth and lactation;
- The presence of hCG (chorionic gonadotropin) in urine and blood. All pregnancy tests are based on determining the level of this particular hormone in the urine, and it can be confirmed by a CBC. Of course, a blood test is considered more reliable. You can do it already on day 10 after the supposed date of conception. By the way, it is not necessary to wait for the delay of monthly periods
- Enlarged uterus. However, only a gynecologist will be able to determine this during an examination conducted no earlier than 2-3 weeks after the onset of the delay. However, it is this symptom that is the reason for making a diagnosis of “pregnancy in question” and the appointment of ultrasound;
- Detection of the ovum on ultrasound. Even in the complete absence of any signs of the onset of pregnancy, this method allows you to make sure that the woman is in position. Only now do ultrasound, to get more accurate results, it is recommended at least 6 weeks after the delay of menstruation.
In any case, your assumptions should be confirmed either by a test or by a gynecologist examination. Then you can safely say that soon you will become a mother! Smile and tune in to positive emotions!