Much is known about the beneficial effects of vitamins A and E on the body, so the drug Aevit is in demand in adults, especially for skin problems. But is it possible to give such medicine to a child and how to take Aevit correctly?
Aevit comes in soft capsules that pack 10, 20, 30, or 50 in one pack. Another form of medication is 1 ml ampoules for injection, but such Aevit is used less frequently.
Each capsule of Aevit contains these two active compounds:
- Retinol palmitate. This is a form of vitamin A, presented in a dosage of 100,000 IU in a single capsule.
- Alpha-tocopherol acetate. Each capsule contains 0.1 g of this form of vitamin E.
They are supplemented with soybean, sunflower or corn oil, and the capsules themselves are made of glycerol, gelatin and dyes.
The benefits of vitamin A for human orginism can be found in the program E. Malysheva:
The action of Aevita is provided by its main components:
- Vitamin A Required for acute vision, active growth, strengthening of bone tissue and healing of lesions on the skin. Without a sufficient amount in the body, the immune system and the state of the mucous membranes suffer.
- Vitamin E important for preventing inflammatory processes, endocrine organs and the heart, blood clotting, the immune system and maintaining the structure of the vascular walls. In addition, this substance affects the regeneration of tissues and improves the absorption of retinol.
When taking Aevita improves the state of vision, blood vessels and skin structure. The drug helps to restore blood circulation in the capillaries, normalize the permeability of tissues and make them more resistant to hypoxia.
You can learn more about vitamin E in the video below:
To receive Aevita resort when:
- Lack of vitamins E and A in the diet or due to diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Atrophy of the optic nerve or peripheral neuropathies.
- Infectious diseases to stimulate local immunity.
- Night blindness and other vision problems.
- Trophic and microcirculation problems in the skin.
- Diseases of the liver.
- Rapid weight loss.
- Acceptance of iron, colesteramine or neomycin.
At what age is it allowed to take?
Instructions for use Aevita contains contraindications for children up to 14 years. This is due to the fact that the dosage of vitamins in this medicine is much higher than the norm for children. For example, a child at the age of 2 years needs only 1350 IU of retinol per day, at 4-5 years old – 1600 IU of such a compound, at 7 years old – 2300 IU, and at 11 years old – 3000 IU. If you compare with the number of retinol in one capsule of Aevita (100 thousand IU), it becomes clear that such a medicine threatens with an overdose of vitamin A.
As for the second component, one year old child needs Vitamin E in a daily amount of 6 mg, and at 3 or 6 years old, his daily intake should be only 7 mg. If children are already 11 years old, they need 8-10 mg of tocopherol every day. And since in each capsule of Aevit such a vitamin is presented with a dose of 100 mg, it is immediately obvious that this medicine is not suitable for small children.
Even if the child is deficient in vitamins E and A, and this deficiency is dangerous for his health, it is still unacceptable to give Aevit to babies without a doctor’s prescription. The medicine can be used in children only for external treatment, for example, to lubricate the contents of the capsule with a burn site for faster healing of the skin.
Do not use Aevit to prevent a shortage of vitamin A or tocopherol, because the dosage of such compounds in this drug is increased (it is considered not preventive, but curative). Assign Aevit also can not:
- Allergies to any of the components of the medication. If there is intolerance to retinol or vitamin E, the drug can be dangerous (it can trigger an immediate reaction of the body).
- Thyrotoxicosis. Due to the high dosage of tocopherol, the hormone metabolism in the thyroid gland can be disturbed.
- Hypervitaminosis A. Receiving Aevita in such a situation will only exacerbate the problem.
- Glomerulonephritis or renal failure. The disease is worsening due to excess intake of vitamin E. Allergies are also very dangerous for the kidneys to work, which Aevit can provoke.
- Cholecystitis. The drug can thicken bile, which only exacerbates the disease.
- Viral hepatitis. With this disease, Aevit will have a toxic effect on the liver.
- Reduced prothrombin level in the blood. Such a condition threatens with thrombosis, which can also lead to thrombophlebitis or, which is especially dangerous, to the separation of a thrombus and subsequent vascular embolism.
- Breast feeding baby. High dosages of vitamins from Aevita will be delivered to the baby through breast milk.
- The first trimester of pregnancy. Conception planning is advised not earlier than 6 months after the end of the treatment with Aevit.
Taking Aevita can cause skin rashes and other allergic reactions, as well as dyspepsia and abdominal pain. If you take the medicine for too long, chronic pathologies such as pancreatitis and cholelithiasis become more acute. In addition, long-term use Aevita can cause pain in the bones of the legs and hair loss.
Instructions for use and dosage
Children over 14 years old give Aevit 1 capsule per day.. You do not need to chew the medicine – just swallow the capsule with water. Meals at the time of swallowing Aevita do not affect.
The duration of the reception Aevita must determine the doctor but often they take capsules for quite a long time (up to 40 days). If you need to undergo a second course of treatment, the drug is prescribed after a 3-6 month break.
The use of Aevita in children who have not yet turned 14, threatens with such symptoms of overdose:
- Increased body temperature.
- Decreased appetite.
- Increased sweating.
- Dry mouth.
- Sleepy condition.
- Rash on the skin.
- Increased intracranial pressure.
- Sore bones and muscles.
- Peeling of palms and skin of lips.
- Exacerbation of pancreatitis or gallbladder disease.
- Blurry vision.
- Stomach ache.
- Nervous excitement.
- Thinning stools.
- The appearance of bleeding.
- Enlarged liver.
If such symptoms occur, you should immediately refuse to use Aevita and seek medical help. so that the doctor prescribes symptomatic treatment.
Interaction with other drugs
- Acceptance Aevita affects the treatment with calcium supplements, causing an increase in the level of this mineral in the blood.
- The absorption of active substances Aevita worsens when you take neomycin, iron supplements, colestipol, mineral oils or colestyramine together.
- With the appointment of isotretinoin with Aevit, the risk of toxic effects of vitamin A increases.
- Retinol from Aevita, prescribed with tetracyclines, often provokes intracranial hypertension.
- The presence of vitamin E in Aevita will increase the effectiveness of treatment with cardiac glycosides, vitamins D and A, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, glucocorticoids, as well as anti-epileptic drugs.
- If you simultaneously apply Aevit and anticoagulants, this will increase the risk of bleeding.
Terms of sale
Aevit is available to any pharmacy buyer without the need to present a prescription. But, despite the over-the-counter sale, you should consult with a doctor before purchasing such a drug. The price of 20 capsules of this medicine is about 60 rubles.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep Aevit away from small children and direct sunlight at a temperature of not more than + 25 ° C. The drug does not need to be applied if its shelf life (it is 2 years) has already expired.
Adult patients who themselves drank the course of Aevita remain satisfied with this medicine. They note that the drug helps to improve the condition of the skin, as well as nails and hair. Mothers who thought to give Aevit a preventive purpose to a child immediately change their mind by reading the instructions.
If the drug was prescribed to the child by the doctor and the parents decided to give it if there are indications to Aevit, according to their reviews, Tolerability is generally good, and side effects are rare. Advantages also include the low price of the medicine and the quick effect of the use. The disadvantages are a large number of contraindications and a high risk of overdose.