You should not hope that your child will be taught everything by school. As the mother teaches the first steps to the baby, the basics of reading should be laid from the first years of life. You can not begin to study the alphabetic alphabet in the “bare” place – instill craving for literature to the kid in advance, before he goes to the first class.
Children are proud to read
Start by speaking
Before learning to read, the child must learn to talk. And the correctness of speech development directly depends on their environment. The more intelligent the parents, the more attention they pay to the younger generation, the easier it is for the child to develop.
From the first days you need to deal with the kid on the development of speech
Starting the first communication with adults through gukanya, gradually the baby tries to imitate the speech sounds that he hears daily. And if at first these are just separate syllables, then a child can already operate with simple sentences from 2 years of normal development.
Further – more, the baby goes to word forms. And the more actively the parents communicate with the child, the more talkative he will be (in a good way). The main tool in the development of the baby’s speech will be reading,
Develop the interest of the kid to read
Naturally, a small child cannot read alone. But it is possible to teach him to communicate with literature from the first years of his life. It is children’s books that form the correct speech development of the baby. The more often the child sees the book in the hands of the parents, the more trust he has in it, and the sooner the desire to learn to read independently will appear over time.
Interest in reading is developing in the form of a game.
It is necessary to turn the reading into a kind of ritual – fairy tales, pies, lullabies are best perceived before bedtime. The clearer and more correct the pronunciation of the adult during the reading, with emotional coloring, the more memorable the phrases heard by the child will be.
And the more clearly the baby will have visual images. And this will further help in learning to read. After all, the better the child thinks in images, the faster and easier he learns.
The benefits of family reading
To develop the ability of children, they should read aloud tales from the preschool age. A child should develop not just an interest in literature – the book must become a symbol of psychological “pleasure.”
Family reading develops interest in children
In the future, even magazines and books standing on the shelves (and not in the hands of parents) will be associated with positive emotions and attract the child’s attention. In other words, reading books to the child instills a love of literature for life, giving impetus to the most rapid learning of independent reading.
In addition, reading for children contributes to their spiritual union with their parents, bringing joy to everyone. And the child has a feeling of family comfort, which he associates with books. In a family where there is a cult of the book, children develop a craving for reading more quickly.
Read with children
The best way to prepare a child for independent reading is to read a book while sitting with a baby nearby. He should see the pages of the book on which the text is written. This will first visually get used to the letters that involve the world of the sacrament.
The first books of the child should be of high quality and bright.
The first children’s books are not for nothing rich in colorful illustrations. With their help, you can perceive what was heard by the images traced in the pictures. And when the child goes to the first class and begins to put the letters into words, familiar phrases will already be perceived precisely figuratively, which will make learning to read faster and easier.
Try to spell your finger with your child while reading a fairy tale or a nursery, so that the kid can see exactly which word you are reading. Visual memory will further help proper learning.
How to teach a child to read?
The sooner the child is ready for perception, the better – going to the 1st class, he must learn the basics of reading. Even if the kid goes to kindergarten, where he is trained by a special method, parents should also be given time to work together.
How to properly approach the process itself so that learning is easy? It is impossible to force children to learn – everything must take place in a playful way. When choosing a technique, the age at which the training began should be taken into account.
It is necessary to develop the correct pronunciation of sounds.
But in any case, you should not learn the letters – you should start with a phonetic sound. It will be easier for the child to associate the written symbol with the sound that he used to perceive by ear.
Learning is easier if each lesson is repeated many times. From the moment you study the sounds to the reading by syllables, follow the precise pronunciation of the baby’s speech.
Teaching a child to read quickly without a special technique is impossible, as well as without appropriate (consistent) systematics.
- Choose the right manual for your children. Recently on sale there are several options for primers. Choose the one that will be interesting to the child (you can go shopping with him). Let there be fewer pictures, but it should be based on speech therapy techniques (for example, the alphabet of Zhukova
– first study all vowels;
– go on to the development of voiced solid consonants, paying attention to the correct pronunciation;
– then comes the turn of deaf sounds;
– Leave hiss for last.
- Repeat each sound learned before you start learning the next one. “Repetition is the mother of learning” – this phrase should be the guiding thread of the whole learning process.
- In parallel with the study of sounds, proceed to the formation of syllables (and the very first can be “ma” that the child will be close and mentally). Read the syllable with the baby, as if singing it. The child should have the feeling that the consonant sound seems to be striving for a vowel. This will help to make sounds in pairs.
- Do not seek immediately learned syllables form into words. Let the child first understand the principle of combining vowels and consonants in pairs. Fix knowledge on simple syllables, gradually moving to difficult to pronounce.
- Having taught the child to compose syllables, where the consonant is the first, proceed to a more complex structure, where there is a vowel ahead (“om”, “ab” and
Proper pronunciation is a prerequisite for quick learning.
Do you know how to teach a child to read quickly? Let him study every sound, syllable sings, but it does so clearly. When you go to the pronunciation of words, at first syllables should be singed separately, each time reducing the gap between them. And in the end, the whole word must be sung in one breath.
Speech development contributes to speech development.
But so that reading in children is not associated only with singing, the fixing of the material should take place already in normal pronunciation, with a clear reprimand of sounds. At the same time, when you move on to reading sentences, teach the child to make correct pauses before punctuation.
When is it best to start training?
In how many years children should be able to read, many parents wonder. This, first of all, depends on how psychologically prepared the child is to learn. But it should definitely be said that studies should not begin immediately before school, when children are going to the 1st grade.
Children can begin to learn and at the age of 3 years, if the child himself expresses this desire. But forcibly seated them for the book is not worth it – it can discourage the desire for further learning.
The most optimal susceptible age when to be trained in 1st grade is 5 years. And in parallel with reading, children should be taught to write (in block letters only), which will help them to consolidate their reading skills.
How to understand that the child is ready?
To understand how to teach a child to read, you must first decide whether the kid is ready for such learning. To do this, initially test the degree of development of the child.
Make sure your baby is ready to learn.
- If children are already talking in sentences, they are ready for the learning process.
- The development of phonetic hearing is an important factor. The correct perception of sounds, their difference and the ability to operate with them will help to quickly and easily train the baby.
- A child who speaks incorrectly cannot quickly learn to read,
Learning to read by matching pictures and words
Training method Nikitin
Classics of the national education of the couple Nikitin completely departed from the traditional principles of learning, instead of putting forward their own. They believe that in the classroom children should be given complete creative freedom. Only then will they have an interest in learning.
You should not limit the independence of children – they must do all the work themselves. The third rule is a combination of mental exercise with exercise (
Involve the child in a joint activity – for example, you can prepare together for training benefits. And then the baby will more easily and quickly perceive the material. But the main incentive for successful learning is praise for even the smallest victory. And you can never focus on blunders.
Nikitin’s educational toys
Here are the basic principles on which the Nikitins taught their children (and they can be applied both to children of 3 years old, and 5, and 7):
- It is impossible to impose a specific training program on a child – he chooses in the form of which game he is more interested in learning the letters.
- It is not necessary to explain to the kid the course of the game. Put study in a fairy tale, where each participant has his own role.
- At the first stages of the game, adults are active participants. In the future, when the child is comfortable, he will be able to continue his studies independently.
- Before learning a child you should always unobtrusively set tasks that will become more complicated at each new stage.
- Do not dare to prompt the child – teach him to think independently.
- If the child is difficult to cope with the new task, do not force it – step back a step and repeat the past.
- If you notice that the child has lost interest in the game, or has reached the limit of its possibilities (temporary), stop training for the time being. Return to school when the baby asks. And he will do it necessarily
Nikolai Zaitsev – a learning innovator
Traditional training on the principle of “phoneme-verbal” enslaves the freedom of speech of the child being taught and forms complexes in him, hindering development – so says teacher Nikolai Zaytsev.
He developed his own unique technique, more like a game than a lesson. Children freely move around the classroom (room). At the same time they can jump, run and
All benefits posted on the walls, boards, cabinets, tables. Usually this is a set of cubes of cardboard. They are different sizes and different colors. On some edges single letters are depicted, on others – syllables (both simple and complex), on the third – consonants with a soft or hard sign.
Pre-cubes can be in the form of blanks, which the teacher sticks together with the children. At the same time, special fillers should be put inside:
- it is better to lay sticks (wooden and plastic) in cubes with deaf sounds;
- bottle caps made of metal are suitable for ringing sounds;
- inside the cubes with vowels the bells will hide.
Training according to the Zaitsev method
The cubes should be different in size (both single and double). For soft warehouses – small, for hard warehouses – large. Color decisions also play a role here – each warehouse has its own shade.
In addition to the cubes, tables are also used as manuals, where all known warehouses are collected. This allows the child to see the entire volume to be studied. And it greatly facilitates the work of the teacher.
Memorization of letters by association
One more thing that makes reading quite easy is reading. It should go parallel. Before voicing the sounds being studied (not letters), the child himself must learn to translate them into signs. You can do this in various ways: drive on a sheet of paper with a pencil, at the table – with a pointer or laying out cubes.
Various teaching methods
Among educators, there are constantly disputes about how to properly teach a child to read, what method to use. And they exist quite a lot, and each has both its fans and opponents.
Masaru Ibuki book cover
For example, the motto of Masaru Ibuki in upbringing is the phrase known to the majority “After 3 years it’s too late”. The Japanese educator bases his methodology on the belief that the most susceptible to learning children under the age of 3 years old are on the period of the formation of brain cells.
Similar and methods of Pavel Tyulenev, who created his system “World”. Its main idea – to have time to reveal the potential of the child. The teacher believes that you should start from the first minutes of birth. According to him, children can learn to read and write before they start walking.
Pavel Tyulenev Method
But whatever method of child learning was developed (by Montessori, Froebel, Lupan and