Today, this diagnosis is called the twentieth century epidemic, since the number of diabetics is growing at an incredible rate.
This is due to the imbalance of life, with its acceleration, stressful situations, and unhealthy diet.
To date, several types of disease have been identified.
In this article we want to tell you what is the difference between diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2 difference, symptoms of the disease and how to deal with it?
What happens in the body?
The human body is unable to process the carbohydrate content, as there is a deficiency in the hormone of the pancreas – insulin.
This necessary hormone transforms glucose into nutritive vital energy, converts it. With its shortage, control over biological processes is lost and all systems fail. The patient becomes inactive, weak, some life-support systems, such as the nervous system, the vascular system and the kidneys, suffer.
Type 1 diabetes it manifests itself in all periods of a person’s life, although statistics say that children, adolescents and young people are more likely to get sick.
This is a disease of youth and it manifests itself, as a rule, by a decrease in the synthesis of insulin cells and the destructive state of the pancreatic cell structures.
Due to insufficient insulin production, patients are forced to inject themselves. It happens for life.
Permanent measurement of glucose in the blood is performed using a specially designed small device. blood glucose meter.
The reasons for its occurrence are:
- Sedentary lifestyle, improper diet;
- Infectious diseases;
- Lack of immunity in the body;
- Genetic heredity.
The percentage of the disease of the total number of diabetics is 15%.
Type 2 diabetes – this is a kind of adult and the most common, makes up to 90% of the total number of cases of disease debut. An important difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes is the absence of insulin therapy in diabetes mellitus, which is replaced by medical treatment.
SD 2 is a serious and incurable disease. If you look at the statistics, it says that women are more prone to illness more often than men. Both that and other kind represent strong danger to health.
To answer the question what kind of diabetes is more dangerous – type 1 or type 2 is quite difficult. Each species can carry a mortal danger to the patient, if you run your health.
Exist complications, associated with the course of this disease:
Both species can cause these lesions.
How to identify type 1 or type 2 diabetes in a comparative table:
Causes and debut
The main reasons, as already mentioned, is the weakening of the pancreas.
When eating large amounts of junk food, which includes all carbonated, canned, fatty, smoked and sweet foods, there is a strong strain of the gland, because of this load, it can refuse or allow failure, which leads to the disease.
The onset of the disease can be divided into three stages of development:
- Predisposition from unfavorable genetic inheritance. This is immediately apparent in the infant when he is born. More than 4.5 kg is considered overweight for a born child, such weight refers to obesity;
- The latent form, it is diagnosed by a method of a research of analyzes;
- Clear signs of illness with characteristic by symptoms. This may be weakness, constant desire to drink, itching, lethargy and lack of appetite or, on the contrary, an increase in it. The patient may be disturbed sleep, headache, pain in the muscles and heart.
The differences between diabetes of the first and second type also lie in the nature of the complications, since the largest percentage of patients with diabetic ketoatsitoz in patients with Recounted 1.
What can cause complications?
- If an incorrect diagnosis is made in diabetes mellitus 1. Without appropriate treatment, the situation can be much worse;
- In infectious manifestations, influenza, inflammation and heart attack. This is due to an increased dose of drugs;
- When the wrong dosage is chosen for intravenous injection or overdue drugs;
- During pregnancy and toxicosis, patients with diabetes have an increased risk;
- With the incompatibility of the disease and alcoholism leads to ketoacidosis;
- Ignoring a strict diet and eating foods high in carbohydrates;
- Stress and operational activities.
How to identify type 1 or type 2 diabetes?
Diagnosis of this disease is carried out by laboratory tests for blood glucose levels. In other ways it is impossible to make a specific diagnosis.
The patient passes the necessary urine and blood tests for examination.
Blood sampling is performed several times. Analyzes are taken on an empty stomach. The diagnosis is confirmed if the blood sugar level exceeds 6.7-7.5%. Immunoreactive insulin in diabetes mellitus 1 is reduced, and in case of diabetes 2, it is normal or elevated.
The main basic treatment method is:
- Weight loss and the transition to a special diet;
- Giving up alcohol-containing drinks;
- Monitoring blood sugar levels;
- Treatment with folk remedies and the use of special herbal dietary supplements that gently reduce glucose;
- The adoption of various drugs that successfully reduce sugar;
- If the disease is exacerbated, there is a need for insulin therapy;
- Possible treatment by surgery in the case when you need to reduce the stomach. This treatment is effective and is used in especially and emergency cases.
The method of administration of insulin is made by injection into the fold of the skin, at an angle of 45 degrees. It is necessary to inject the medicine in the permanent places, and not to change them often.
Learn more about the difference between the two types of disease from the video:
Despite the fundamental differences between diabetes mellitus type 1 and type 2, with this diagnosis you can live a full life, for this you need to comply with the necessary requirements.
Diet, a healthy lifestyle, and constant weight control will allow you to live happily ever after.