Every day you notice changes in the baby. This is not the tiny little ball that you brought from the hospital. The baby has grown noticeably and is now manifesting itself as a full member of the family. At 7 months, the child communicates more, moves more, and eats and sleeps not like in the first half of the year.
What is new in physical development?
For the seventh month, the child grows up by 2 cm and gains about 600 g, by the end of the month the weight of babies is
What can a child in 7 months:
- Some children can already sit without support, learn to sit themselves.
- Some are already crawling in seven months. While the baby is difficult to lift the body completely, so he crawls in their bellies.
- Lying on your stomach, you can lean on one handle, and the other stretch and grab a toy.
- Actively turns in different directions. The physical development of the baby is now fully aimed at increasing its activity, so this is the time of the onset of bruises and injuries. Physical activity of the baby has increased, but the movements are not yet coordinated and awkward, while the parents still tend to underestimate the capabilities of the baby, leaving him alone in the middle of the sofa or bed.
Children in a matter of seconds can roll from one edge of the sofa to another, for this reason do not leave them alone.
All babies react differently to teething. Someone, it can take place without any problems, and that the tooth breaks through, the mother finds out only on the white edge on the gum. But most children still have signs that precede the appearance of a tooth:
- Redness and swelling of the gums;
- The kid bites everything: toys, yours and your fingers, pulls a fist into your mouth;
- A crumb rubbing his cheek against a pillow, pinching himself for the face, for the ears;
- Some children may have subfebrile temperature (37).
What is new in mental development?
- Now the child understands the meaning of many words and can point his finger at familiar objects. Continues to talk babble.
- He knows his name and responds to it.
- Baby distinguishes all relatives. It has already formed a feeling of deep affection. Of course, most of all, the baby is emotionally attached to the mother and in her absence can now burst into tears, but this will be connected not with hunger, but with the loss of a sense of security and anxiety. Some children at this age may even experience fear at parting, which indicates a big step in the mental development of the baby.
- The baby can already guess by the facial expressions and gestures about the feelings you are experiencing. He distinguishes intonations in his voice: tender or stern, good or evil. And when they swear at a child, he is already trying to understand his guilt.
- The kid learns to show his feelings: grabs you by the face, by the hair, presses against it, or vice versa turns away.
- The baby babble is becoming more and more complicated. Gradually, it becomes meaningful. The crumb turns his head in the direction of the object, which Mom had previously called several times (dad, pussy, woman), can himself repeat the first syllable. Attempts to attract attention with certain syllables.
- The question “where?” Can find with his eyes what is being asked.
- The kid understands that the hidden things do not disappear altogether, but they are simply not visible.
- The child is now ready to make friends with anyone, but he does not take the initiative, but is waiting for her from the object.
- During this period, the right hemisphere (left side of the body) develops more intensively than the left (right side of the body), so you may notice that the baby uses the left hand more than the right. This is a temporary phenomenon and does not mean that the child is left-handed. (how to determine your child is left-handed or right-handed)
- At this age, babies may begin to fear harsh or loud sounds (vacuum cleaner, hair dryer, fan). Try not to turn on these devices near the child. ( We read:The child is afraid of loud sounds)
Baby development test 7 months
- A baby at the age of 7 months should be able to roll over in different directions, sit with a straight back with support, roll over on a flank behind a rattle from a supine position;
- Sit on the table with the child. The kid firmly grabs the edge of the table, begins to shift the objects lying on it, slam handles on the table;
- Deliberately ignore the child. The baby will begin to look for your gaze or even growl;
- A child at 7 months shows interest in strangers, the fear of strangers gradually goes away;
- When a baby is lying on its back, cover its face with a diaper, the child should be able to free itself from it;
- Give the crumbs in both hands on the toy, and then offer another one. First, the baby will be puzzled, and then let go of one toy to take another.
What should be alerted
- The kid does not try to roll over and sit down;
- Do not knock dice on the table;
- Does not react to sounds, does not show emotions, tenderness to mother, does not draw attention to itself;
- Cannot bring items to mouth;
- In the upright position can not sustain its weight;
- He does not follow the moving object, he does not babble.
VIDEO 1: child development at 7 months
How to feed a baby for 7 months
At this age, the child should already be drinking from a cup on his own – how to teach this child?
If you have introduced supplements in 6 months, and your baby is breastfed, then by seven months one breastfeeding has already been replaced with porridge and vegetable puree.
Kashi is still gluten-free (buckwheat, rice, corn) and single-component. You can give ready-made porridge of industrial production, they already contain dry milk and butter.
If you cook yourself, then porridge must first be 5%: for 5 g of cereal – 100 g of water, then – 10%: for 10 g of cereal – 100 g of liquid. In vegetable puree, start adding vegetable oil (preferably olive oil, first cold pressed), first in 1 drop and bring gradually to 1 teaspoon. In porridge – butter (82%), first 1 g, and then up to 4 g per serving of porridge.
If the vegetable puree you have entered safely, then start giving fruit (apple, pear, prune, plum, peach) and continue to introduce other vegetables in turn (carrot, pumpkin, spinach, potatoes). It should be noted that spinach and potatoes are somewhat heavy for the children’s stomach, so they are best served along with zucchini or cauliflower, so enter them at the end of the 7th month when the child is ready for multi-component food. From the beginning of the introduction of complementary foods, it is better to feed only one-component mashed potatoes and cereals for two months.
At the end of the month, you can enter the yolk, starting with 1 \ 4 (and then 1 \ 2 yolks), twice a week.
If your baby has teeth or started to grow, buy special baby cookies for him, which quickly dissolve in the mouth. Thus, in the full 7 months, the baby, who is breastfed, has approximately the following diet:
- 7 hours – breast milk 200 g.
- 11 hours – porridge 150 g, butter 4 g, fruit puree 30-50 g, juice (compote, water or breast milk) 25-30 g
- 15 hours – vegetable puree 150 g, vegetable oil 5 g, half a yolk (2 times a week), pechenyushka (toast), juice (compote, water or breast milk) 25-30 g.
- 19 hours – breast milk 200 g
- 22 – 23 hours – breast milk of 200 g. At night, continue to breastfeed on demand.
If the complementary food was introduced from 4 to 5 months, then at 7 months the child can begin to give boiled meat (turkey, veal, rabbit, chicken), having previously wiped it on a blender to a homogeneous consistency.
Meat is better to give with vegetable food, with the addition of vegetable oil or milk mixture. You need to start with 1 \ 2 teaspoon, bringing up to 25 – 30 g. For a baby-fed diet, a diet of 7 months will look like this:
- 7 hours – a mixture of 200 g
- 11 hours – porridge 150 g, butter 4 g, fruit puree 30 – 50 g, juice (water, fruit juice or blend) 20 – 30 g
- 15 hours – vegetable puree 150 g, puree from meat 20-30 g, vegetable oil 5 g, half of yolk (2 times a week), juice (water, compote or mixture) 20-30 g
- 19 hours – a mixture of 200 g, pechenyushka (crackers).
- 22 – 23 hours – a mixture of 200 g
Mode – sleep and wake
Night sleep will become more calm and deep, and its duration will be approximately 10-11 hours. Daytime sleep lasts 1.5-2 hours, 2-3 times a day, while the duration and time of sleep may depend on the nature of the child, the setting created by the regime in your family. Especially useful for the baby to sleep in the fresh air. If you daily follow the set schedule, then the crumb will wake up at about the same time.
How to help your baby grow
Continue all the same activities with the child, which began in previous months, slightly complicating and prolonging the game. Do everything so that your baby develops speech and his babble gradually turns into words.
- Attract the attention of the baby to the things you are talking about. Take walks not only during sleep, let the baby know the world around and outside the apartment. Repeat the words until the child understands them. Use Doman cards (themed pictures with words), with them children memorize words faster. Review and read children’s books more often, let the kid learn to turn the pages himself.
- Develop fine motor skills of the child.
- Contact your baby with requests to do something (throw or pick up the ball, take a cube). Of course, the child should be able to do what you asked for. After completing the task, be sure to praise the baby.
- Teach your baby to point with a finger at an object, clap their hands, wave a pen.
- Surely during walks you made friends. Sometimes visit each other. Kids are already interested in watching how other children play.
- 6 – 7 months – the very age to nurture a child: “Ladushki”, “Forty”, “Goat Horned” and hold finger games:
This finger is a grandfather (bend the thumb, and then take turns),
This finger is a grandmother,
This finger – daddy,
This finger – Mom,
This one is my child (we fold the little finger).
That’s my whole family (pinch cam).
- Do not ignore the baby’s fear of strangers. Do not leave the child alone with them. A crumb does not understand whether they are good or bad, for him everything unfamiliar is a danger. Try to take the baby into the hands of strangers and keep a distance in communication, until you notice that the child is interested in or is drawn to a new person.
- Teach the child to crawl – this is a necessary and very important stage, which precedes the upright walking. At first, the manner of movement of all children is different: someone crawls in belligerence, someone – booty in advance, some – like a caterpillar. Only later will the baby learn the technique of “cross” crawling, when the leg and arm move from opposite sides at the same time. The most difficult thing for a baby is to tear off the tummy from the floor and synchronize the movements. Therefore, create conditions for the child to learn: comfortable clothes, free space, exercises and achievable goals in the form of toys.
VIDEO 2: child development at 7 months
Your seven-month baby masters the skills that seemed to be previously inaccessible to him and surprises you more and more. Many mothers, getting stuck in the previous months, do not dare to deal with the baby with something new, while continuing to simply feed, lull and shake rattle. Be careful not to underestimate the child, your baby is looking for communication with you and is ready for a new life.
Hello girls! Today I will tell you how I managed to get in shape, lose 20 kilograms, and finally get rid of creepy complexes of fat people. I hope the information will be useful to you!
Do you want to read our materials first? Subscribe to our telegram channel