the child has a stomach ache and temperature 37 5
Children often complain of abdominal pain. For example, symptoms such as abdominal pain and temperature in a child, in the first place, may be caused by diseases of the abdominal cavity, namely:
- Acute appendicitis. Symptoms of the disease depend on how old the child is, in younger children they are less pronounced. The most common attacks of acute appendicitis occur in children aged 9-12 years. In infants, the manifestations of the disease are scarce, general intoxication of the body occurs, the child is naughty, does not want to eat, sometimes there is vomiting and diarrhea. Body temperature rises to 37.5 ° C. There are unexpressed pain in the navel.
- Acute intestinal diseases – enteritis and gastroenteritis, colitis, which can be caused by intestinal or dysenteric bacilli, streptococcal or staphylococcal microorganisms. In this case, abdominal pain can be localized in the navel, and be spilled. Body temperature can be very high. There is diarrhea, with lumps of undigested food and mixed with blood. In this case, the child should be given a lot of drink, in order to avoid the onset of dehydration.
- Acute pyelonephritis, manifested by abdominal pains of varying strength, localized mainly in the lumbar region and lower abdomen. There are signs of intoxication, loose stools, fever, frequent urination.
Parents should be aware that such symptoms are not always a fact of any disease of the abdominal cavity. Sometimes the symptoms of abdominal pain and temperature in a child are a manifestation of a completely different pathology, for example:
- Acute infectious diseases: measles, scarlet fever, adenoviral infection, diphtheria, acute respiratory viral infection. At the same time, pain is caused by an increase in intraperitoneal lymph nodes. In addition to fever, the child has symptoms of catarrhal symptoms, runny nose, rash, abdominal pain, high fever.
- Acute pancreatitis, characterized by an acute onset with diffuse pain, gradually localized in the left hypochondrium, eventually radiating to the back and acquiring a shingles character. Vomiting happens, body temperature rises.
Parents, because of inexperience or ignorance, can miss the time, which will lead to a serious pathology that requires surgical intervention.
In this regard, if the following symptoms appear: pain in the abdomen and temperature in a child, it should be immediately shown to the doctor.
I would be grateful if you share this article:
By dysbacteriosis is meant a qualitative and quantitative change in the composition of the intestinal microflora. Dysbacteriosis can occur on the basis of many diseases and is considered.
Preventive measures aimed at the prevention of acute gastritis, based on the elimination of etiological factors that cause this pathology of the stomach. The entire list of preventive.
Constipation means delayed bowel movements for several days, or the absence of complete bowel movements. A healthy child often has a stool.
A child has a stomach ache – when calling an ambulance
The child has a stomachache – these words scare every mother. And how not to be afraid? The kid suffers, and you have no idea what causes the pain and what to do: give the medicine at your own risk or run or call an ambulance? Various variants rush through my head, the first of which is appendicitis.
Most likely, he has nothing to do with it, because a crumb with any pain shows up on the stomach. But excluding it completely is not worth it, if only because with the inflammation of the appendix the loss of time can be extremely dangerous. Moreover, sometimes appendicitis is diagnosed even in infants, although it is more common in school-age children. On this topic, we recommend reading the article where the main cause of appendicitis is indicated and how to determine it.
With this disease, abdominal pain in a child rolls up attacks and is so strong that it starts screaming. At this moment it is difficult to say where exactly it hurts, because the feeling is as if the pain has spread throughout the abdomen. True in adults, it is concentrated in the right side, but in children it does not. Nausea, vomiting is not excluded, the temperature may rise to
Note that if the appendix ruptures, the pain will diminish, but it will be harder to diagnose. And its contents, once in the abdominal cavity, can cause serious complications. Therefore, if the child has a stomach ache and there is the slightest suspicion of the disease, immediately call an ambulance.
The next cause of abdominal pain is food poisoning. It also spreads throughout the intestines, but the sharpest occurs in the area of the stomach. In this case, the child begins to vomit, a little later, diarrhea and fever. He refuses to eat, complains of nausea, headaches and asks to drink.
If the child has a stomach ache (in the navel and at the top of the abdomen) at the beginning of autumn or late summer, perhaps the reason is gastritis or gastroduodenitis (inflammation of the duodenum). In this case, we can not say that the pain is too strong, but very unpleasant. About her just say “twists”, “whines.” It occurs predominantly after eating or on an empty stomach. It can be recognized by the reaction of the baby. If he squats down or lies on his side and wraps his arms around himself, pulling his legs higher, there is every reason to immediately see a doctor.
If the child’s pain occurs in the right hypochondrium, giving back, and this has nothing to do with food intake, there is reason to assume biliary dyskinesia (violation of the flow of bile from the gallbladder). In this situation, consult your doctor for advice. It will help to establish proper nutrition for dyskinesia.
Another cause of abdominal pain in a child is intestinal obstruction. Occurs with increased intestinal motor function. The child becomes very restless, screams, may turn pale, vomiting begins, the toilet may not go more than a day. The tummy swells up, and the crumb does not allow to touch it. Sometimes the pain subsides, but soon returns with a new force. In this case, immediate surgical care is needed. Do not lose a second.
Abdominal pain, perhaps the most common complaint in children. It is important to remember that this pain symptom is not always associated with a disease of the abdominal cavity. Sometimes this is a manifestation of a completely different pathology, moreover, it may be accompanied by an increase in body temperature. Moms often out of ignorance or forgetfulness lose sight of this moment. Meanwhile, when the child has a stomach ache, the temperature is high, urgent measures need to be taken. After all, these signs are sometimes a manifestation of a serious pathology, in some cases requiring surgical intervention. Below on site
What causes abdominal pain and high body temperature in a child?
• Acute appendicitis. The clinical picture depends on the age of the child, the younger he is, the less pronounced the symptoms of the disease. Acute appendicitis is most common in children from 9 to 12 years old, the symptoms of the disease are the same as in adults. As for babies up to a year, their symptoms are very scarce. General intoxication comes to the fore.
Children become moody, lethargic refuse to eat, repeated vomiting, and loose stools may occur. Body temperature is not high subfibrilitis (37.0-37.5 С). Abdominal pain is localized in the umbilical region, not pronounced in nature.
• Streptococcal peritonitis is a severe pathology, in case of not providing timely medical care, children die within 2-3 days from the onset of the disease. Most affected by this disease are girls aged 3 to 5 years. The cause is infection with the flow of lymph and / or blood into the abdominal cavity. The debut is sharp, literally over the course of several hours, the state of children is deteriorating sharply, becoming very difficult. Hectic fever (35.0-40.0С), persistent is difficult to treat antipyretic drugs.
Pain is unbearable, most often localized in the lower abdomen, less often they can be spread throughout the abdomen. There is loose stools with a fetid odor. The color of the chair is yellow-green. Symptoms of intoxication are pronounced: children are sluggish, groan, skin color with a grayish tint. There are all signs of a septic condition.
• OKZ (acute intestinal diseases) of the gastrointestinal tract: gastroenteritis, enteritis, colitis. They can be caused by dysenteric or E. coli, strepto and / or staphylococcus and other microorganisms that can be infected by the fecal-oral route. The body temperature rises, its numbers can vary from subfibril to very high. Abdominal pain can be spilled or localized around the navel.
The stool is liquid, its color and the presence of impurities (blood, mucus, lumps of uncooked food) depend on the pathogen. If the baby is small, does not drink much, then dehydration occurs very quickly. Therefore, the sooner the treatment is started, the faster the recovery will come.
• Acute pyelonephritis. Abdominal pains of varying intensity, localized in the lower part, and in the lumbar region. There is not frequent loose stools, signs of intoxication, frequent painful urination, fever.
Not abdominal pathology:
• Acute tonsillitis or simply sore throat. Against the background of high body temperature, colicky pains in the abdomen may appear, sometimes so pronounced that children can literally “develop by sex”. This is due to the reaction of the entire body’s lymphoid tissue to an infectious agent and an increase in intraperitoneal lymph nodes. There are cases of damage to the appendicular process, then these two diseases go “hand in hand”. And the child may be the operating table.
• Acute infectious diseases: ARVI, measles, scarlet fever, diphtheria, adenovirus infection. The cause of pain is an increase in intraperitoneal lymph nodes.
In this case, in addition to fever, a stomach ache, there are signs of a major infectious disease: rash, catarrhal symptoms, runny nose. The nature of abdominal pains may resemble an attack of acute appendicitis, they are localized in the lower right calving of the abdomen. High body temperature. Often a complication of measles is measles appendicitis, then surgical treatment is provided.
• Acute pneumonia. With this pathology, the child’s stomach hurts, the pain is aggravated by inhalation. This is due to the reaction of the pleura to the infectious process. This is especially true for lobar pneumonia. The general condition of the children is severe, the symptoms of intoxication are rapidly increasing, the body temperature rises. There is a cough at first it is dry. A few days later, as the process resolves, it becomes wet.
• Acute pancreatitis is a common pathology in children, characterized by an acute onset. There are abdominal pains, they can be diffuse, with a gradual localization in the left hypochondrium. Then the pain becomes shingles sometimes paroxysmal, given in the back. There is vomiting, sometimes indomitable, fever.
I would like to draw the attention of parents to the fact that if a child has a high temperature, a stomach ache is a kind of call, that he is not well with his health. Therefore, it is best in this case to consult a doctor who will make the correct diagnosis and prescribe adequate treatment.