Practically for every mom and dad there is a relevant question – why my child does not pronounce the letter R. We want to calm you down – this is completely normal. Usually, between the ages of 4 and 5-6 years, this problem resolves itself. If after 5 years such a diction of a child is preserved, it is better to go to a speech therapist. For now parents can independently study with the child, using simple exercises. It is best when classes take place in the form of a game. Most often, the child either “swallows” the letter P, because of what it sounds weak, or replaces it with the consonant letter L.
If you notice that after 5 years the child does not pronounce the letter P or replaces it with the letter L, begin to develop the child’s diction.
It is advisable to sit with the child in front of the mirror, so that he can see how the lips work in the pronunciation of the letter P, what is the position of the tongue and lips with:
– Teeth open, distance between teeth
-Lips are also open.
-The tongue is curved in the shape of a boat, the lateral edges of the tongue touching the molars. The tip of the tongue is bent upward toward the upper palate and slightly in contact with it. Exhaled air makes the tip of the tongue vibrate: a rolling letter R is born
Start your classes with training exercises, while strengthening the muscles of the tongue and learning the correct position of the tongue in the oral cavity:
Often, repeat the letter D many times with the child. Do this several times in a row: ddddd.
Even when they are very young, many children like to make the sound “Tpru”, sticking their tongues between their lips and spitting. So, this exercise is also important for the development of diction. Play with the child, explaining, for example – let’s do as the horse says, “tpru”.
Sit in a comfortable chair during class, your back should be straight. It is advisable to look with the child in the mirror opposite you, so that he sees in the mirror both you and yourself.
Then move on to the following exercises.
1. Looking in the mirror, open your mouth. Show the child the required position – the tongue with the tip touches the upper palate. In this position, the language remains ten seconds. Then relax, the tongue falls. Repeat this exercise 5 times.
2. Bite the tip of the tongue with your teeth. In this case, the lips are open. Stay a bit in this position. Repeat the exercise 10-12 times.
3. Strike the upper sky next to the front teeth together with the child with the tongue and at the same time pronounce the letter D.
4. Make a sound in the form of a game, with which the horse jumps and hooves. Change the pace – the horse gallops faster, the horse gallops slower.
5. Make a clicking sound by abruptly swiping your tongue across the upper sky and returning it back – making so-called tongue clicks. Exercise is performed 10-12 times.
6. Touch the tongue of the upper front teeth, then the lower. Look at this in the mirror through the open lips. Exercise is performed 10-12 times.
Perform this exercise often. After all, they do not take much time. Here it is important to entice the baby, to clothe the lessons in the game form.
Read the child several patters in which the letter R is repeated. After that, repeat them together. As soon as the child feels that he is able to pronounce the letter P, he will be happy to repeat them, showing what he has already learned.
Here is an example of the skins that use the letter R.
“Scared of thunder Roma.
He roared louder than thunder.
From such a roar of thunder
Hiding behind the hill. “
“Black cat night
Jumped into the black chimney.
In the chimney black.
Find the cat there. ”
“Leo came out from behind the mountain
And thinking, he said:
-What did you mean?
Razorvu and rrasterzuyu?
Rraznesu and rraskidayu?
-I’m just RRRRRAD! “
In addition to the above activities, during the day you can play with a child in a big and small lion and growl with the child together – which lion is louder, big or small?
Play the game – “who will stick out his tongue”. Try to get the tongue to the nose, then down to the chin.
Remember that the main thing for the child in these classes is the game element. It is important that he was interested, then he himself wants to do. If your child has not yet pronounced the letter P, do not worry, it is fixable. Show patience and love and everything will work out for you!