Dear Irina, I love you so much for making my stay in hospital so bearable. You are all so professional and dedicated.
Why are tests before pregnancy important?
Pre-pregnancy tests are an integral part of preparation for pregnancy, which will allow you to evaluate the health of potential parents and identify hidden violations that may cause problems before and after conception. Therefore, the key to proper development of pregnancy and the birth of a long-awaited healthy baby is a high-quality medical examination of future mothers and fathers. First of all it concerns the future mother, but it is also recommended for future fathers.
At the same time, it is necessary to take an individual approach to the question of examination and carry out not only a standard set of studies, which is usually prescribed before pregnancy, but also, if necessary, additional diagnosis. Depending on the existing diseases, the future parents, especially the woman, draw up an individual diagnostic plan.
And for this, tests should be done before pregnancy not on their own, but under the supervision of experienced specialists with medical qualifications.
You can find knowledgeable, attentive and clinically minded doctors of various specialties at the private medical center GMS Clinic in Moscow. Here you will make a consistent plan of analysis taking into account individual health characteristics and, if necessary, prescribe treatment of the identified diseases. Modern diagnostic equipment and experienced diagnosticians almost completely eliminate the likelihood of medical errors and overdiagnosis, so the examination in our clinic is reliable, comfortable and most informative.
What tests should be taken when planning pregnancy
If you are planning a pregnancy in the coming month and want to be tested, you should first visit a therapist. The therapist will examine and prescribe a number of laboratory and, possibly, additional studies.
Without fail, even in the absence of any complaints, women are assigned to:
- Complete blood count with a study of the amount of hemoglobin, the number of red blood cells, platelets, leukocytes with the decoding of the leukocyte formula, the erythrocyte sedimentation rate.
- General analysis of urine with a study of its relative density and nature of urinary sediment.
- A comprehensive biochemical blood test with the calculation of the level of total protein (if necessary, its fractions), creatinine and urea, liver enzymes (AST, ALT, ALP, CE).
- Coagulogram (complete blood count for luminescence: PET, fibrinogen, APTT, INR).
- Determination of blood sugar and urine.
- Fluorography of the chest.
- The study of the electrical activity of the heart (ECG).
- The study of feces on the eggs of worms.
- Refinement of blood type and Rh factor for potential parents.
- Blood test for HIV, Wasserman reaction, viral hepatitis B and C.
For a man, a future father, the above-mentioned examinations when planning a pregnancy are not mandatory, but rather desirable. But, doctors recommend not to evade the medical examination scheme for men in order to prevent the possibility of infection of the mother with any infectious disease.
As a rule, all blood tests are taken in the morning on an empty stomach, and urine is brought previously collected in a glass container. In public health clinics it is not always possible to get tested quickly, often there are queues and a shortage of tickets.
To avoid queues and reduce the time spent on tests, you can contact the Moscow Medical Center GMS Clinic and pass the mandatory minimum examination at any time convenient for you, within one day.
If no deviations in the results are found, the examination of the woman continues by visiting narrow specialists:
- Dentist (to exclude a nidus of chronic infection, for example, caries)
- ENT (to eliminate the source of chronic infection, for example, chronic angina)
To pass tests when planning pregnancy, you need to make an appointment with a gynecologist and undergo a gynecological examination, including an examination of the external genital organs and examination using vaginal mirrors, bimanual palpation of the uterus and appendages, examination and palpation of the mammary glands.
During the examination, the doctor takes smears from the genital tract and writes out directions for other studies:
- Smear microscopy
- Polymerase chain reaction to sexually transmitted infections (gonorrhea, trichomoniasis, chlamydia, ureaplasmosis, mycoplasmosis, streptococcus, genital herpes, cytomegalovirus, etc.)
- Blood test for TORCH-complex with the determination of antibody titer (toxoplasmosis, herpes, chlamydia, rubella, cytomegalovirus).
In case of unfavorable gynecological examination or an aggravated gynecological history (miscarriage), various additional studies and consultations of specialists may be prescribed, the necessary correction is carried out. Often, additional research includes genital ultrasound, analysis of lupus antibodies and chorionic gonadotropin antibodies, analysis of thyroid hormones and sex hormones, consultations with an endocrinologist and genetics.
Examination of men for fertile function (spermogram analysis) and genital infections is conducted by an urologist andrologist.
It is important not only to know what tests to pass before pregnancy, but also to choose a competent, responsible and experienced gynecologist who will guide the patient both before and during pregnancy.
In our medical center GMS Clinic there are real professionals in their field who have extensive experience in managing pregnancy in Russia and abroad. Modern schemes for examining future parents, high-precision diagnostic equipment and the presence of all the necessary specialists in the clinic, as well as an individual approach to each couple and the absence of queues will make it possible to pass tests before pregnancy quickly, conveniently and reliably. The cost of services allows us to be examined and treated by us for most working married couples.
Contact us, we will help you become parents!