Next article: Pimple wen
Acne can be caused by many different causes. One of them is a bacterial infection.
Most often, pustular eruptions are associated with staphylococcus.
How to determine whether acne was caused by these bacteria and how to treat them correctly?
- All information on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT A Manual for action!
- Put an accurate diagnosis you can only a DOCTOR!
- We urge you not to self-medicate, but register with a specialist!
- Health to you and your family!
Staphylococcus is one of the varieties of pathogenic bacteria, shaped like a bunch of grapes.
There are about 20 species of these microorganisms, but epidermal, golden and saprophytic staphylococci cause the greatest harm to human health.
- Some types of staphylococcus always exist on the skin, on the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx, oral cavity, genitals.
- They do not harm, making up part of the microflora, therefore, they are called opportunistic pathogenic bacteria.
This suggests that if favorable conditions arise for them, they can begin to actively proliferate, causing various diseases.
Usually, this factor becomes a weakening of the immune system.
Staphylococcus and acne may be interrelated.
Photo: the appearance of staph under a microscope
Usually the cause of their appearance is the epidermal or golden variety, the latter being the most dangerous, and the acne caused by it is deep and painful (boils and carbuncles).
Staphylococcus aureus is often called a hospital infection.
Infected them in medical institutions, maternity hospitals.
The bacteria that survived under the conditions of disinfection are the most resistant to any influences, the diseases caused by them are heavily tolerated by humans.
How do acne caused by staphylococcus
- Acne caused by a staph infection is an inflamed reddened bump.
- They rise above the surface of the skin in the form of a cone, and the top represents a cavity filled with pus. It is usually white, but may also have a greenish tint.
Such rashes appear on any part of the body, but more often on the face, back, chest.
But acne, caused by Staphylococcus aureus, can be localized anywhere, you can find them on the upper body, and on the pope, hips.
They have their symptoms:
- pimple is located very deep under the skin;
Photo: deep hypodermic acne
- Due to deep localization, the purulent cavity may not be noticeable, but is defined as a subcutaneous pellet or nodule;
- pimple causes severe pain, with pressure it increases;
- arising tubercle has signs of inflammation, red color;
- if several follicles are infected, a large pimple may resemble a ball;
- body temperature may increase, digestive disorders (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea) appear.
Self-treatment of acne is better not to do. They require immediate medical attention.
Can acne cause other health problems?
Ulcers that appear on the body due to a staph infection are very dangerous, and in extremely severe cases they can lead to the most dire consequences.
- An infection can enter the bloodstream and cause infection.
- The greatest danger is represented by ulcers located on the head, on the face and especially in the area of the nasolabial triangle. This is due to the proximity of the brain, infection of the tissues of which can even lead to death.
Therefore, to squeeze such acne in any case is impossible (and with subcutaneous it is also useless, because they do not have a duct out, and the action itself causes intense pain).
Video: “What stage of acne should be treated in the hospital?”
How to treat staphylococcal infection?
First of all, it must be confirmed by special studies.
The detection of staphylococcus is not yet talking about infection, look, first of all, on the number of these bacteria. And only if this value is exceeded, then special measures are prescribed.
What to do if on the forehead jumped a large subcutaneous pimple and swollen around? Find out here.
From staphylococcus, especially from golden, only the complex of medical measures is effective:
- fighting the bacteria that caused the disease;
- immunity strengthening.
Usually the treatment is carried out by the following groups of medicines:
- antibacterial drugs of systemic action – are prescribed for an extensive inflammatory process, when there are a lot of ulcers and they are not localized in one area, for example, the chin, but affect several parts of the body. Selection of antibiotics is highly individual. Preparations are selected after determining the sensitivity of bacteria to them;
Photo: Acne Pharmaceuticals
- if the rash is located on one area of the body (on the face, neck, chest and
Treatment of staph infection is a serious event that requires an individual approach, so you should trust it to a specialist.
Folk remediesFolk remedies can be treated staphylococcus.
But if they do not help, then it is most likely not about the local manifestation of the infection, but about the infection of the body.
In this case, you need to consult a doctor.
So, these recipes will help to defeat staph.
Photo: application of aloe masks relieves inflammation
- tear off the aloe leaf, cut along and attach a cut to the ulcer with a plaster. Hold for about an hour;
- a glass of fresh cranberries is ground and mixed with half a glass of honey. Take 1 tablespoon 30 minutes before meals. This recipe helps with boils;
- peel 50 g of garlic, finely chop or grate, pour 150 ml of water. Let insist half an hour. Strain and soak in the resulting infusion bandage or cotton swab. Wipe them pustules. The procedure must be performed twice a day for 7-10 days;
- chamomile decoction also helps to cope with staph. A teaspoon is brewed with a glass of boiling water and allowed to cool. Used to wipe problem areas 3 times a day;
- 1 tbsp. l rosehip berries are crushed and boiled in 200 ml of water for 30-40 minutes, then left to infuse. Fresh apricots are mashed and mixed with dogrose broth. Take half a cup twice a day;
- 2 tbsp. l Echinacea roots and burdock pour 800 ml of water and boil on low heat for 20 minutes. Take a glass 3 times a day;
- if pustules formed on the back, pope, thighs, help bath with sea salt, pale pink solution of potassium permanganate, chamomile decoction (it is prepared in a 3-liter saucepan of 100 g of dried flowers).
Questions and answers
What measures it is better to refuse
If acne is proven to be caused by a staph infection, then you should not:
- squeezing pustules, it can lead to the spread of infection and blood infection;
Photo: for staph infection you can not squeeze acne yourself
- make masks of clay, it is better to dry the pustules with salicylic acid solution with a cotton swab;
- it is better to refuse to clean the face, and other cosmetic procedures.
How to deal with facial rash
Staphylococcus causes purulent acne on the face.
Effective means may recommend a doctor based on the specific situation.
- It may be antibacterial ointments, lotions with a bacteriophage, possibly taking antibiotics inside.
- For the skin during the treatment need careful care. Use zinc or salicylic acid products with anti-inflammatory and drying properties.
- During the period of active rashes and ripening of pustules, peels and scrubs should not be used. They can contribute to the spread of infection.
What tests need to pass
For detection of the pathogen pass:
- feces on the definition of microflora;
- the contents of ripened acne.
Both biomaterials are sent to the so-called “seeding”, where after a few days the detected cultures are isolated.
Why does helicobacter cause acne? Find out here.
Why doesn’t a pimple last long? Read on.
Using these results, the doctor prescribes treatment.
Among all the causes leading to the formation of acne, a staph infection is one of the most dangerous.
That it causes purulent formations in any parts of the body. In this case, it is rarely possible to cope with acne without consulting a doctor and special treatment. Therefore, it is better not to delay a visit to the clinic.