A solution of salt for washing the nose is useful even for absolutely healthy people. Apply this tool is necessary in order to maintain normal functioning of the respiratory tract. But how to prepare this useful saline solution for the nose? This is what will be discussed below.
All saline benefits
Often people are interested in the question of whether the brine is useful and how effective it is, if you prepare it yourself at home. It is also important that such a tool is not dangerous for young children. If you perform the washing of the child in compliance with all the rules, then such a manipulation will give only a positive result, even in the case when it is done to the baby.
What result can be achieved, if for washing to use saline solution for the nose:
- you can get rid of particles of dust and other irritants;
- saline solution will strengthen the capillaries and improve the performance of cells in the nasal cavity;
- Saline solution is very useful for children, since such a liquid performs the function of a peculiar nasal disinfector;
- If the baby has edema, then with a saline solution you can save the baby from such an unpleasant phenomenon.
As for diseases such as sinusitis, sinusitis and rhinitis, in this case, the saline will perform the function of the first emergency. After all, such a tool can reduce the duration of the disease.
How to prepare a saline solution for the nose of sea salt?
As described above, brine can save adults and children from many diseases of the respiratory system. For this reason, many experts strongly recommend to prepare a solution only from sea salt.
At the moment there are a large number of different recipes, below we present only the most effective and popular, namely:
- A teaspoon of sea salt without a slide and water (2 cups). The liquid should be slightly warm. Mix everything thoroughly so that the salt is completely dissolved, then gauze is needed for straining. Such a tool should always be heated before use to room temperature.
- A couple of teaspoons of salt without a hill dissolved in a glass of boiled water. This tool is used only in cases where a person is in a highly dusty room for a long time.
- To a liter of boiled water at room temperature, add a couple of teaspoons without a hill of sea salt. All well mixed and filtered using gauze. The finished solution is used as a rinse for children, as well as for gargling.
This is how a saline solution is prepared for the nose. Recipe for babies another.
One fourth of a teaspoon of salt is added to a glass of boiled water, everything is mixed and filtered through gauze.
How to prepare saline solution from salt?
If it is necessary to urgently prepare a salt solution at home, but there is no sea salt in the house, then you can use table salt. It is worth noting that such a solution is no worse than a maritime vehicle.
So, the saline solution for the nose is prepared as follows:
The solution with table salt has a good bactericidal action. Moreover, this tool is considered therapeutic and no less effective than with the addition of sea salt.
How often can I wash?
It is no secret that the saline for washing the nose (the recipe can choose any) can dry the sinuses, so the question of how to apply this tool is the most urgent. In this case, experts recommend using this solution a couple of times a week for prophylaxis.
But in cases when it comes to the inflammatory process, it is necessary to use such a remedy four weeks a day for two weeks. As for people suffering from diseases of the respiratory system chronically, such procedures should be performed regularly.
The best option would be to consult a doctor. Only he will be able to recommend the exact number of sinus washes.
How to make a saline solution for the nose, we have discussed above. Now let’s talk about the devices for the procedure.
Devices for washing
In order to get the maximum result from such procedures, you should know how to properly flush the nose of a child and an adult. In other words, how this procedure is performed.
Now there are many special devices that significantly facilitate the process of washing the nose, one of these is a vessel in the form of a watering can. In appearance, this container resembles a small kettle with a long neck and spout.
The second tool at hand, which is also very effective, is the usual pear-shaped syringe. The only condition is the careful use of such a device. Since using the syringe can injure the nasal sinuses.
How is the washing procedure performed?
With regard to methods of washing, in this case, the following stand out:
- It is necessary to lean towards the sink and turn your head slightly to the side while keeping your mouth open. In the nasal passage, which will be slightly higher in relation to the other, the solution from the watering can is poured. If the fluid will flow from the other nostrils, then the procedure is carried out correctly. Then this manipulation is repeated with another nasal passage.
- The second way is to throw the head back slightly, while breathing is delayed. Then the solution is poured into one of the sinuses and poured through the mouth. With the other nasal passage do the same.
- And the third option is to pour the solution into the palm of your hand and draw it into your nostrils. To get rid of this fluid in two ways, pour it back through the nose or mouth. It is worth noting that this method is the easiest and easiest.
The main thing is to know how to prepare the saline solution for the nose correctly.
How is the nose washed baby?
The above methods are relevant only for adults, but what to do when you need to rinse your nose with a tiny one? In this case, there is one effective method, which is also very gentle, namely:
- child should be laid on the bed so that he lay on his side;
- put 6 pipettes of solution into each sinus;
- give a few minutes to crumb lay down.
It is worth noting that this method has several drawbacks in the form of the inability to rinse the nose with a stream of solution. Yes, and as a result of this washing, the crumb will be forced to take a sip of the entire contents, but at the same time this method is the most optimal and gentle.
Saline is a fairly effective method in cases where the infection has settled in the sinuses. The only condition for such a procedure – at the time of washing the nose should not be laid. After all, if at least one of the moves does not breathe, then there will be no sense from the performed manipulation.
As for recommendations from specialists, the only condition that should be observed is not to leave the room within an hour after the procedure, since this can lead to hypothermia.
So, we discussed in this article how to prepare a saline solution for washing the nose and how to carry out the procedure. Be healthy!