Homeopathic remedies for colds are used more often lately. Although the attitude towards them is ambiguous, even doctors sometimes prescribe such drugs. And many patients are treated only by them, since, unlike other antiviral drugs, they contain only natural ingredients, do not suppress the immune system and rarely cause side effects.
One of the best remedies for treating colds and flu are German drops. "Meditonzin". Instructions for use recommends using them for any diseases and inflammations of the nasopharynx. The effectiveness of this medication can be explained by unique components, correctly composed by German experts.
Characteristics of the drug "Meditonzin"
All the plant and mineral components of this homeopathic medicine are selected in a special way. And with its proper use, cold symptoms disappear in 2-3 days. This can be explained by the fact that the main active ingredients of the drug support the patient’s immune system and help it fight viruses.
- Atropinum – 0.5 g.
- Mercurius – 0.4 g.
- Aconitum – 0.1 g
To an ordinary person, these names do not say anything, since these are all homeopathic substances containing vegetable and mineral components. The drug itself is a slightly yellowish liquid, packaged in a bottle with a dropper cap. Most common "Meditonzin" 35 ml, but there are more roomy bottles – 70 ml.
How does the drug
The homeopathic components of a drug affect the site of infection itself – the place through which viruses most often enter the body.
- pain and sore throat;
- mucosal inflammation and swelling;
- runny nose and nasal congestion;
- high fever and headache.
In addition, taking the drug helps to strengthen the immune system and prevent possible complications after a cold and flu.
With all cold and viral diseases effective "Meditonzin". Instructions for use recommends using it at the first signs of illness. Then he will be most effective. But the drug can also be started in the middle and even in a neglected form of the disease, since it stimulates the patient’s immunity. But in this case it is used only as an auxiliary component.
When did the drops "Meditonzin" appointed?
- In acute respiratory viral infections, including influenza.
Contraindications and side effects
Medication instruction "Meditonzin" It does not recommend its use to children younger than a year, as well as pregnant and lactating women, since the effects of the components of the drug in these cases have not been studied. Usually, the drops are fairly well tolerated and very rarely cause any side effects. In case of individual intolerance to the components of the drug, increased salivation and various allergic reactions are possible. If this happens, the medication should be stopped.
Medication instruction "Meditonzin"
The drug is a clear liquid slightly yellowish. To taste it is bittersweet. But in order to achieve a faster effect, it is recommended to hold the drug in the mouth for some time before swallowing. Unfortunately, young children do not like this very much. How to take "Meditonzin"? Instructions for use recommends starting reception at the onset of the first symptoms. This should be done in the first days after every hour or two. But the number of receptions should not exceed 12 per day.
How to take drops "Meditonzin" for preventive purposes? In this case, they are drunk 1-3 times a day. The dosage is determined by the doctor. Usually the number of drops depends on age:
- from year to 6 years old, you can drink 2-5 drops at a time;
- from 6 to 12 years old – no more than 6 drops in one step;
- after 12 years and for adult patients, a single dose of 5-10 drops is prescribed.
- Treatment must begin when the first symptoms appear, then it will be most effective.
- In some cases, the condition may first deteriorate, which is normal when taking homeopathic medicines. In the first days of the disease, a decrease in concentration and a slower response is possible.
- The composition of the medication is ethyl alcohol. This should be taken into account when treating certain categories of patients and not to exceed the recommended dose.
- The drug is valid for 3 years, but after opening the bottle it should be used in 2-3 months.
- If, 3 days after the start of the intake, there is no improvement in the patient’s condition, then it is worth stopping the treatment and consulting the doctor about changing the drug.
- If one person is sick in the family, he needs to take the drug in a therapeutic dosage. The rest is necessary to drink with the preventive purpose. "Meditonzin".
To all homeopathic remedies is ambiguous. Some consider them useless. But the fact that the drug is prescribed by many doctors, speaks in his favor. What do patients like in drops "Meditonzin"?
- The price of the drug is not very high – a small bottle (35 ml) costs about 300 rubles, and it is enough for a course of treatment for the whole family. A bottle of 70 ml is more expensive – from 600 to 800 rubles.
- The tool is convenient to take, and it tastes like many.
- Cold symptoms are alleviated by the second day of treatment.
- Viral diseases pass quickly and without complications.
Among the shortcomings, patients note that the drug is very difficult to get. There are negative reviews about the drug. Some believe that it turned out to be completely useless and complain about the money thrown away.
Are there any analogues of this medication?
Now in pharmacies there are no drugs similar in composition "Meditonzinu". But there are many homeopathic remedies that have a similar effect on the body. After consulting with your doctor, you can choose one of them for treatment:
- most similar to "Meditonzin" "Aflubin": it is also available in drops, contains aconitum in its composition, relieves the symptoms of flu and ARVI, only costs a little less;