Bubble with iodine in the home first aid kit in any home. The main purpose of the drug is disinfection of minor abrasions and scratches. Due to its bactericidal properties, iodine solution is used not only in the treatment of domestic injuries, but also finds application in the treatment of colds. One of the old, proven methods of treating inflammation of the upper respiratory tract is the iodine net, successfully used when coughing a child.
Iodine is one of the most necessary components of the normal functioning of any living organism. For the development of human mental and physical function, the element of iodine is simply indispensable. Lack of substance provokes diseases of the thyroid gland, which is a key organ in the regulation of hormonal balance and physical development of the child.
The use of an alcohol solution in the treatment of colds and ARVI has long been used in medical practice, for example:
- at an inflammation caress a throat with warm water with addition of 1 – 2 drops of iodine;
- with tonsillitis, lubricate the tonsils with Lugol solution containing iodine and glycerin;
- with a strong cough, apply a cellular pattern on the skin.
Traditional medicine offers steam inhalation procedures with soda and iodine in cases of severe rhinitis and cough. Some experts recognize the danger of this method for the child due to the possibility of intoxication and burns of the respiratory system.
Useful properties of cells from iodine
Cellular pattern of iodine applied to the skin contributes to the destruction of the group structure of pathogenic microorganisms. Penetrating into the epidermis, the antibacterial qualities of the element lead to their destruction. In addition, the application of cells from iodine, irritating the capillary system of blood vessels, causes their expansion, which increases blood flow to this place. The procedure helps to prevent the occurrence of stagnant processes. The grid of iodine has other useful properties:
- provides the delivery of more oxygen to tissue structures, which speeds up metabolic processes and recovery;
- increases platelet flow to the inflamed area, which stimulates the vascular system;
- supplies the circulatory system with bactericidal substances.
Another useful feature of the grid is the detection of iodine deficiency in the child’s body. The disappearance of traces of cellular pattern for the day indicates the normal content of the substance. If absorbed more quickly, in 5–6 hours, one may suspect a decrease in the required level of iodine and take appropriate measures.
Parents should not forget that an increased concentration of iodine can also harm a child’s body. It is strongly not recommended to use this tool in the following cases:
- developmental pathologies or diseases affecting the thyroid gland, especially in hyperthyroidism and thyrotoxicosis. Diseases characterized by impaired hormonal synthesis
- dermatological skin diseases. Unhealthy manifestations of eczema, rash, dermatitis are contraindications to the use of iodine solution;
- elevated temperature up to 38 0 C and higher. When the heat increases the intensity of blood circulation, and increases the load on the heart. Applying a cellular pattern to the breast will cause a threat to the health of the child;
- susceptibility to allergies. An allergic reaction to an element of iodine can cause a red rash with severe itching. Less commonly, spasm and swelling of the larynx;
- congenital heart disease. An additional rush of blood to the chest area will increase the heart load.
The mesh of 5% solution is contraindicated for babies up to 3 years. A pediatrician may recommend using it when the concentration of iodine is reduced by 3 times, diluting the alcohol solution with vodka.
Is it possible to make an iodine cell for children
The use of the net of iodine in various types of cough does not reveal negative consequences. A significant factor is the implementation of the rules of application and compliance with recommendations for contraindications. If you have doubts about the use of iodine cells in children, you should consult with a pediatrician. Doctors often advise the use of this procedure.
To exclude an allergic reaction, you need to test the product on the delicate skin of the elbow bend. To do this, put 2-3 strips and in the absence of redness or other reactions within 10 minutes – boldly use iodine, as a means of coughing.
Will the iodine net help when coughing?
The method of treating cough with the application of iodine mesh helps to warm up the tissues of the body, in particular – the pulmonary and bronchial systems, which accelerates the discharge of sputum. The reticulum pattern applied on the chest strengthens the blood rush to the organs of the respiratory system. Along with the blood enters an increased number of immune cells that inhibit pathogenic microflora. At the same time, the molecular structure of iodine acts as the strongest antiseptic that helps suppress infection. As a result, it can be recognized that the effect of iodine solution is positive, the inflammatory process in the bronchi is stopped, and the frequency of coughing attacks decreases. Just do not take this procedure as a panacea for colds.
How to put a child?
The most effective method of using iodine net will bring in the initial stages of the disease. A child can be drawn on the back and chest, as well as on the calves and feet. With a strong cold – drip on the wings of the nose and nose. In order to properly apply iodine solution should follow some recommendations:
- children under 3 years old should use a diluted iodine solution, not more than 2.5%;
- using a cotton swab, do not strongly wet it, rather thin yellow trail;
- arrange the lines of the picture in parallel planes horizontally and vertically;
- the optimal cell size should be around a square centimeter;
It is strictly forbidden to apply iodine in the areas of the heart on the chest and back. It is better to make the net in the evening before bedtime and it is not recommended to apply the procedure more often 2 – 3 times a week.
Iodine mesh on chest
Figure in the cell when coughing is applied to the skin of the chest in front and on the back, in the area of the pulmonary projection. Begin with parallel lines at the top of the sternum, below the collarbone and jugular notch by 2 – 3 centimeters. Down descend to the solar plexus. Then carry out vertical strips, bypassing the heart area.
With pneumonia, the iodine mesh is applied to the chest and back. Taking into account the increase in the total area of the picture, the size of the cells should be increased by 2–3 cm in order to prevent an excess of iodine in the baby’s body. On the back of the cage is applied below the shoulder blades on both sides, avoiding the spinal column. Do not use too large an area under the iodine net – the temperature may rise sharply.
Iodine mesh at the throat
With success they use iodine net with angina and tonsillitis in the initial stage of the disease. Drawing put on a throat, bypassing a thyroid gland. It should be borne in mind that the child has very delicate skin on the neck, and a sensitivity test is mandatory before the procedure.
Due to antiseptic properties and rapid exposure to pathogenic microorganisms, the iodine network on the throat inhibits the development of a bacterial infection. The applied solution helps relieve inflammation and pain. For a set of activities, a classic recipe should be used for rinsing the tonsils: warm water, 0.5 tsp of soda and salt and a couple of drops of iodine.
When treating colds with a cough, one should not neglect drug therapy, but with the initial signs of a cold in a child, the iodine net on the chest and throat should help.