In the body of pregnant women there are big changes. One of the common complaints is an upset stomach. Since the pregnancy places additional responsibility on the woman for the new life, she needs to determine whether this kind of violation is considered normal in her position.
It should be noted that a violation of the chair in the form of constipation is more common than an upset stomach during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that the body relaxes the muscles of the uterus to prevent miscarriage by changing hormonal background, and this often affects the intestines. As a result, the passage of food through it slows down. However, in some situations, early pregnancy is accompanied by diarrhea. This is an unnatural process for this term. We will understand what the causes of its occurrence, and what are the methods of treatment.
In the early stages of pregnancy, the disorder can occur only for reasons not related to the pregnancy itself. If this deviation continues for some time, the fetus is in danger. To understand what needs to be done, an observant doctor should find out if a pregnant woman has diarrhea. Perhaps the situation is serious and the disease requires urgent treatment. During the examination, the following reasons may be found:
- exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis or gastritis;
- gastroenterocolitis (inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract);
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- eating disorder;
- side effects of some medications.
Often it is the exacerbation of chronic diseases (gastritis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, etc.) that causes diarrhea in early pregnancy. In this situation, it is necessary to quickly remove inflammation from the stomach, pancreas, or other digestive organs. In some cases, all that a pregnant woman needs to do in the fight against diarrhea is to take treatment aimed at eradicating the infection.
Diarrhea can also be a companion toxemia. You should not consider this a normal phenomenon. In this state of affairs, you should certainly consult with a specialist to determine the scenario for further action. We should not forget that a long-lasting liquid stool at least deprives the mother of strength, and her child – necessary for the proper development of the elements. Special attention is worthy of the item “eating disorder”. It occupies a special place in the causes of digestive disorders in pregnant women, since their taste preferences during this period may undergo changes for which their digestive system is not ready.
- Development in the womb may require additional sources of vitamins, minerals and elements. The body will surely let the expectant mother know about this, and she will have nothing left to do as soon as she absorbs the required products in unusual doses. Diarrhea during pregnancy may occur due to the fact that the stomach does not immediately get used to the new diet and for some time does not fully digest food.
- Another feature is that a woman wants not one product, but several at a time. An erroneous combination of food can also lead to indigestion and diarrhea during early pregnancy.
What is dangerous violation of the chair?
The reasons why you should be wary of diarrhea in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy are listed below.
1. Dehydration. Since water in the human body is involved in almost all major processes, its deficiency will affect the state of all organs and systems. When upset, the water takes with it most of the vital elements. This is a dangerous factor during pregnancy.
2. The most part of the useful substances arriving with food is not acquired.
3. If the cause is an infection, it can affect the development of the fetus.