Sometimes such situations occur when pregnant women cannot determine from which men their future children are conceived. How to find out who I’m pregnant with? This question is often asked in women’s forums. In response, women with a similar problem receive many tips on how to determine paternity. We have combined the most popular ways and now we will tell you about them.
How to find out who is pregnant woman: ways
- The most accurate, but expensive way is, of course, the DNA test for paternity. It is accurate to 99.9% (0.1% is left for error). To determine paternity, the child’s and potential father’s biomaterials will be required. They are compared, and if they are similar, paternity is confirmed. If you are less than 16 years old, the consent of those responsible for you (parents or guardians) is required to conduct such a study.
- The second method is inaccurate and less reliable, but allows you to find out who the father is, even when the child was not born. This obstetric method, in which you need to take into account many points. You should find out when a woman had ovulation. To do this, remember the date of the first day of your last menstruation and count from it 14 days ago. Calculated in this way, the date plus or minus 1-2 days – this is the most favorable period for conceiving when you could get pregnant. Also remember that some sperm are able to maintain the vital activity in a woman’s body for up to 7 days. It turns out that you became pregnant during the week before ovulation – ovulation. The person with whom you had sex at this time is probably the father of your unborn child. But this method, as we said earlier, is very unreliable. The menstrual cycle is very individual, there may be failures and delays. Ovulation could well have happened a little earlier or a little later than usual, and you can’t know for sure, therefore, there is a high risk of incorrectly calculating a favorable period for conception.
- Another method by which you can find out who the woman is pregnant is to conduct research on the estimated date of conception and on the expected date of birth. Date of conception find out on ultrasound with a period of 10-14 weeks. Knowing this date, you can guess who the father of the child is. Also research on the expected date of birth will help determine the father. When the date of delivery will be known, it is necessary to count from it 38 weeks ago. So you get the date of conception and can understand who the possible father of the baby.
- Father also try to determine the blood type. So, if the blood types of the alleged fathers are different, then the child can inherit one of them. However, you should not rely heavily on this method either: the blood of the mother also influences the blood type of the child. There are also cases when a father, mother and child have completely different blood types, this also happens.
- When a child is born, parents and relatives of all the forces are trying to find in him external similarities with the father and mother, so many consider this method of determining paternity too. Of course, such observations and searches for similarities in appearance are very subjective, therefore one cannot trust such a method.
- Another father can be determined by the presence of a child of genetic diseases that his father could pass on to him. If the mother had no such diseases in the family, and the child had suddenly been identified, then they were probably transmitted along the paternal line.
Accurately find out from whom the woman is pregnant, only the DNA test will help. Therefore, for your own peace of mind, it is better to spend money and do quality research.