Polysorb or Enterosgel – which is better – many had to think about it, going to the pharmacy. This is a pair of popular drugs that have similar indications for use, are almost the same, and each of which has its own fans. In the article we will try to make a comparison of the means of Enterosgel and Polysorb comparison, in order to understand whether it is worth choosing between them, or these are interchangeable medicines.
Polysorb and Enterosgel – the difference
Despite the fact that these drugs have a lot in common, experts can identify several differences. Here is what distinguishes Enterosgel from Polisorb:
- Security. Polysorb has more contraindications. The drug can absorb and proteins, while Enterosgel affects only toxins and does not affect the nutrients.
- Convenience. Enterosgel can not be diluted in water, and take in the form of a paste. Polysorb is not allowed to drink raw.
- Efficiency. When thinking about Polisorb or Enterosgel, which is better, it is important to bear in mind that the latter is safer, but Polysorb acts more efficiently and quickly.
- Cost Polysorb is cheaper than more promoted Enterosgel.
- Dehydration. Enetrosgel does not remove fluids from the body and does not violate any natural processes.
- Side effects. Unlike innocent Enterosgel, Polysorb – if taken for a long time – can cause dysbiosis.
Enterosgel – composition
The drug is available in the form of a paste-like mass. The color of the medicine is whitish. It does not smell, but the taste is unobtrusively sweet. The drug in the stomach is not absorbed, and after 12 hours is displayed in the same form. Enterosgel includes such substances as:
- Methylsilicic acid hydrogel;
- purified water.
Polysorb – composition
This medicine looks like a fine white or slightly bluish powder. He has no smell. When mixed with water, the drug turns into a homogeneous suspension. If we consider Polysorb, the composition of the drug looks simple. It contains only one main active ingredient – colloidal silicon dioxide, which does all the work.
Enterosgel – indications for use
The drug is used in many different conditions. The drug is used as a means to combat the symptoms of intoxication (of any origin – and alcohol, and burn, and narcotic, and purulent-septic, and others). In addition, Enterosgel indications for use has such:
- chronic renal failure;
- cirrhosis of the liver;
- gastritis with low acidity;
- allergy (both medicinal and foodborne);
- infectious dyspepsia;
- rotavirus infection;
- stomach ulcer;
- early toxicosis;
- oncology (for detoxification with strong therapies);
- bronchial asthma.
Polysorb – indications for use
Although it is believed that Enterosgel and Polisorb are one and the same, the purpose of the drugs is somewhat different. The latter is also used in the fight against intestinal diseases in acute form. In addition to this, Polysorb testimony has the following:
- chronic or acute intoxication of any origin;
- drug or food allergies;
- poisoning with potent chemicals;
- jaundice (viral and non-viral origin);
- for prevention for people living in areas with adverse environmental conditions.
How to take Enterosgel?
Regardless of whether Polysorb or Enterosgel are better, the drugs must be taken according to the rules. Otherwise, even from the coolest medication will not be able to achieve the desired effect. On how to take Enterosgel adults, the doctor tells each patient individually, based on the characteristics of the body and the complexity of the state. The standard rules are:
- The tool is taken a couple of hours before meals and other medicines.
- To make it easier to drink, Enterosgel is diluted with water.
- The maximum daily dose is 67.5 g (3 packets).
- In order to prevent the need to drink a sachet twice a day for a week – 10 days a month.
- In severe conditions, the dose can be increased by 2 times.
- After normalization of the state of Enterosgel, you should continue to drink for at least another 5 days.
How to take polysorb?
Adults need to drink medicine 6 to 12 g 3 to 4 times a day. On how to take Polysorb children, it is better to additionally consult with a pediatrician, but as a rule, doctors choose the dosage according to body weight. The drug is drunk an hour before meals, and with food allergies – directly on time. How much the treatment will last is affected by the complexity of the disease. As a rule, Polysorb takes 3 to 5 days. Chronic intoxications are treated longer – 10-14 days with a frequency of every few months.
What is more effective – Polysorb or Enterosgel?
How sad it was, but to decide, Polysorb powder or Enterosgel, which is better, even for professionals is difficult. Opinions of professionals on this subject diverge. The fact is that the effectiveness of the means depends on each individual organism. That is, to understand – Polysorb or Enterosgel – you need to undergo a general diagnosis, and if necessary, even conduct an investigative experiment.
What is better for allergies – Polysorb or Enterosgel?
Even knowing what the main difference between Polysorb and Enterosgel is, it is difficult to judge which medicine is better. As a rule, to cope with allergies, doctors choose the medicine that does not have an additional irritant effect. Since both drugs meet this criterion, it is better to leave the decision to a specialist. What is better – Enterosgel or Polysorb with allergies in children? Both drugs are equally good and can be applied from the first months of life, therefore, it is better to choose according to individual characteristics.
Polysorb or Enterosgel – which is better for poisoning?
All sorbents are approximately the same. The main difference, as a rule, is only in the form in which medicines are produced. Arguing about what is better – Polysorb or Enterosgel in case of poisoning, you need to take into account several nuances. The latter is considered the safest and most versatile. Moreover, these qualities means even confirm laboratory tests. Thanks to them, the drug can even be taken by pregnant women and nursing mothers.
Which of the two medications is better for treating childhood intoxication? Pediatricians are advised to give preference to Enterosgel, because this medicine has a better effect on the intestinal microflora and does not have a killing effect on it. Polysorbu, or other analogues, should be preferred if there is an allergy or any other contraindications.
What is better from a hangover – Polysorb or Enterosgel?
Another popular application is sorbents for hangovers. They help absorb toxins and speed up the recovery process after a stormy walk. As the experience of many years shows, both Polisorb and Enterosgel perfectly cope with these tasks and return to normal life. Drugs act quickly and efficiently. You can take money at any age. If the sorbents do not help at all, it means that the cause of poor health is not alcohol poisoning.
Enterosgel or Polysorb – which is better from acne?
Due to the fact that drugs have become famous as cool drugs for poisoning, not everyone is aware that they are used for other problems, such as dermatological. Sorbents are actually effective in rashes. They have long been used to treat children’s diathesis. And to help sorbents from acne or another rash, they do not even have to be taken orally. They make very good masks.
Here are the advantages of Polysorb or Enterosgel in the treatment of dermatological problems:
- Sorbents are able to pull toxic substances from the deep layers of the epidermis.
- The drugs have a pulling effect.
- Both Polysorb and Enterosgel perfectly dry the skin.
- Medicines clean the pores, as a result of which a special protective layer is formed on the skin that does not allow particles of dust and dirt.
Which of the two drugs is better to give preference in treating acne is hard to say. The gel is good because it is easier to prepare and can be applied even on dry skin (Polysorb is undesirable with this type of epidermis). In addition, some experts do not advise women to make masks from powder after 50 years. This is explained by the fact that the medicine can only aggravate the process of the appearance of wrinkles, but this theory does not have laboratory evidence.