Education, health, development of children. Time management for moms
- Open blog menu
- the main
- All blog articles
- About the author and blog
- Is free
Starting at the age of six months, children, who have been sleeping peacefully in their cots for the most part of the day and waking up for a while to eat and smile at their mother, suddenly begin to act up, cry and give their parents a lot of trouble. Young parents, first faced with this problem, should know that it is useless to worry and worry – there are enough reasons for not wanting to sleep in children, and identifying them is of paramount importance. Having solved it, the child’s anxiety will be eliminated, which means that the problem itself will disappear as well, how to put the child to sleep without whims and tears.
Why the child does not fall asleep
Sleep is a natural need of the body, but each has its own characteristics, which inevitably overlap with falling asleep and night rest.
Genetically, a person does not have continuous sleep all night. In addition to the biological individuality, a person as a member of society is also led by social motives. For years, getting up to work at the same time, a man and a woman form a certain ritual of departure to rest, get used to fall asleep at a certain time for a specific number of hours.
When changing professional activities, all these familiar stereotypes may change. What can we say about the child who was just born – his physiology has not yet been fully formed. And when the crumb begins to grow, he gets other priorities besides sleep and food. The child learns to know the world around him, the unfamiliar world, and it is quite logical that after stunning daytime discoveries and impressions he cannot, and does not want to immediately fall asleep.
In addition, the temperament of the child and the personal properties of its nervous system are embedded in it by nature even in the mother’s womb, and it will not be possible to redo them. This means that parents will have to get to know their baby better and try to help him and himself.
In fact, there are only three common causes of childhood sleep disorders:
- Physical discomfort;
- External stimuli;
- Features of the psyche.
Over time, even inexperienced parents begin to understand the preconditions of infant discontent before the next dream. The test of long sleepless nights is not in vain, and soon the father and mother can distinguish a simple whim from the painful condition of the baby.
What prevents baby from sleeping?
The main reasons that a child wakes up, cries and is capricious are completely natural phenomena:
- Sometimes it does not give him pain in the tummy to fall asleep – intestinal colic occurs in children from 2 to six months to six months. This may be due to the imperfect digestive system of the baby, which is actively being formed. In addition, the air caught during breastfeeding causes indigestion, which is why after eating it is necessary that the infant burp. To do this, you need to hold it upright for a while (how to make dill water for newborns from colic)
- Another prerequisite for restless sleep and tears is teething – it can begin in 4 months. If in the case of colic a child can be given the means intended for it, for example, Espumizan, then it will not learn to eliminate the pain when teeth are cut. The only thing that can be done is to lubricate the baby’s gums with a special cooling cream, and while he is not sleeping, he should be given rubber teethers. A painful condition may be accompanied by fever. Doctors advise the use of children Nurofen and similar drugs in order not only to reduce fever, but also to make pain relief.
- Also, the child may not sleep due to elemental hunger. A growing body requires the necessary nutrients every 3-4 hours. You should not wait when he wakes up on his own and starts to get nervous – getting the breast, the baby immediately calms down, not reaching crying, and he can eat in a sleepy state.
- Natural emptying in a dream gives the baby discomfort and it is quite natural that he wakes up. This is the most innocuous and simple reason that can be easily corrected by changing a diaper or diaper to a child. To avoid excess neurosis, baby accessories must be replaced with clean before bedtime. It does not hurt and convenient to rewrite baby bedding.
- Unfavorable conditions in the house and extraneous noise is unacceptable if the parents want a quiet sleep of their offspring. A TV, even when turned on in another room, can disturb children’s rest. The apartment should have a calm atmosphere, as for the child’s room, silence is preferable there.
- You should also pay attention to the climatic indicators of the room where the baby sleeps. The optimum temperature is 21-24 degrees, the room must be ventilated. With average humidity and no drafts, the child’s sleep is normalized.
- Another factor that can affect the night rest of an infant is games before bedtime, especially active ones lead to over-stimulation of the child’s psyche, which negatively affects further rest. For a couple of hours, or even earlier, the child should be reassured – you can bathe him in warm water, let him listen to pleasant, soft music or tell him a fairy tale.
Parents should know that hysteria and tears hurt the child by shaking the fragile nervous system, so you should not leave it unattended in any case.
If there are no symptoms such as fever, diapers are dry and all irritants are removed, but nothing helps and he still continues to cry, you need to see a doctor – perhaps there is a serious disease that needs to be recognized and cured in a timely manner.
How to put the baby to sleep without tears
Children’s specialists and experienced mothers can give advice that will help young parents cope with the situation.
To do this, follow the simple recommendations:
- It is important that the child be fully fed before bedtime, it is better to carry out the last feeding as late as possible. A hungry baby will surely wake up after a while, which will add to his anxiety, and to his parents – hassle.
- It is necessary that before the night’s sleep, the baby did not sleep at least 4-5 hours. It is possible that he is getting enough sleep during the day, so it is better to reduce daytime sleep. Children who like to sleep during the day should be awakened, of course, doing this carefully and kindly. The transition to a normal night’s sleep must necessarily be gradual.
- Preparing for bed should be akin to ritual, so that the baby associates it with rest. This may be bathing, reading a book. Compliance with a specific algorithm will help teach children to quiet bedding.
- In the evening, you need to abandon charging, active exercise, romp. Hyperactivity of the child will not allow him to quickly calm down, and disrupt normal sleep at night. All fun, it is desirable to postpone the morning time.
- You should not wrap the baby too much at night or, on the contrary, leave it in a half-dressed form – if it is hot or cold, it will affect the quality of rest.
- When a child cannot fall asleep for a long time, you can help him in this by making a body massage using baby cream or oil.
- It is noticed that children who spend a lot of time outdoors with their mother fall asleep much better. Therefore, do not underestimate the value of walks. The children’s room should also be thoroughly ventilated – this will help the child fall asleep quickly and soundly.
A simple observation of the individual life biorhythms of the crumbs helped many mothers to correctly organize the sequence of feeding and sleeping the baby. As soon as the child shows signs of lethargy, yawns and is capricious, he must be put to bed. Over time, parents begin to understand when he needs rest, and when – fun. If there is some temporary discrepancy, a gradual adjustment will allow everyone to get enough sleep – and the baby and his parents.
In addition to these time-tested tips, there are special ways to put a child to sleep without tears and tantrums.
Several techniques for laying and sleeping
When dad and mom chronically do not get enough sleep, all known ways to calm the baby are used. Despite modern techniques, well-known old ones, such as rocking and singing lullabies, still help parents to cope with a difficult situation.
- one.Motion sickness, accompanied by a quiet song or calm music, very effective. At the same time, you can hold the child in your arms – clinging to the warm maternal breast, he feels protected and quickly calms down, and monotonous singing contributes to this. True, after this, the sleeping baby will have to be very carefully put to bed. You can rock the baby in the crib, but for this you need to gently stroking and hugging your hand. Some moms put him a favorite soft toy, a soft rolled towel, or their own warm wearable thing. So the child will feel the heat and smell of the mother.
- If the mother did not work out with vocals, then you can for the night read fairy tales to a child or tell a story about what’s new and interesting happened in a day. This should be done quietly, periodically repeating that the parents are near and the baby will soon fall asleep. This is a kind of suggestion, which, however, has a calming effect on the child’s psyche, relaxes the baby and prepares him for sleep.
- Sleep rituals, although initially incomprehensible to children, they have a tremendous positive effect. And over time, they begin to understand the obvious meaning of what is happening and quickly fall asleep.
If, day after day, the child sees and feels the same actions half an hour before sleep, he will soon get used to it – pleasant words, sounds, strokes will be associated with the moment he falls asleep.
How to make the child fall asleep on their own
If a small child for about a year maintains a close relationship between feeding and sleeping, and simple ritual acts are suitable for him to sleep, then in the future he should learn to sleep himself. Just as parents teach their children to dress themselves, wash their faces and hold a spoon, they must teach the child to fall asleep. For this you need to change the stable association that sleep is associated with food. Apply special methods can be already nine months.
The soft method is based on sparing learning for one and a half to two months. Immediately before the planned sleep, the mother refuses to breastfeed the child, trying to captivate him with an interesting conversation, viewing bright pictures, reading. You can use anything that interests the child and gives him pleasure.
In the future, we should discourage children from nightly feeding – you can sit with the baby, stroking him on the back, speak familiar phrases about what father and mother are near, give to drink. Parents acting in this way notice that the child is less and less awakened at night and no longer requires the mother’s breast.
The most rigid method is that after putting the child to bed, the mother leaves the room for a few minutes. At first, the child, who does not understand what is happening, should be calmed down with gentle words and touches, and then go out again. Such actions are repeated until the baby falls asleep. Despite a certain cruelty, the method is very effective – after two weeks, the baby begins to fall asleep on its own.
To wean children up to 2 years old, there is a method of explanation. It can be used in the case of the transition to artificial feeding. The child is told that for some reason there will be no more milk at night. This sad story needs to be told several times a day, and to remind about it in the evening, before going to bed. So baby gradually wean from evening feeding.
In the literature and the Internet, you can find other ways to put your baby to bed. But the main emphasis should be placed on the individuality of the baby. What is suitable for one children, absolutely can not be offered to others. Therefore, the first thing you need to understand the natural features of the daughter or son, so as not to harm their health and psyche.
How to put a child to sleep: advice from Dr. Komarovsky
Was the article “How to put a child to sleep without tears” useful? Share with friends using social networking buttons. Bookmark an article to not lose.