Almost half of pregnant women know this skin defect firsthand. However, if you choose a high-quality skin care product, you can not only avoid such trouble, but also get rid of the already existing ornate scars of various lengths and trajectories. One of these means is oil. But which oil to choose, and from which one should not just give up, but even avoid it if you are pregnant?
Let’s talk about oils from stretch marks during pregnancy.
What oils to choose a future mother to avoid stretch marks during pregnancy?
The fight against stretch marks with the help of oils has been conducted since time immemorial, but our grandmothers and mothers most often used sunflower, corn, linseed or olive oils. In our time, in the departments of cosmetics or in the pharmacy, you can see a large selection of oils for skin care, but do not rush to take the first available, appealing to you form of a bottle, scent or bright label. Oils can have different effects on the skin, but not every one of them can be used by the expectant mom.
The body of a pregnant woman in a relatively short period of time undergoes rather large changes – the effect of hormones and the rapid growth of tissues. An increase in the size of the abdomen and mammary glands leads to the appearance of stretch marks and, unfortunately, not every means can be used by the expectant mother to combat this skin defect. It is necessary to choose the most suitable, gentle, safe and, most importantly, effective.
Oils – a great choice for moisturizing the skin, with their help you can not only prevent the appearance of stretch marks, but also get rid of stretch marks that have already appeared. The main advantage of this choice is 100% natural product.
One of the options to combat stretch marks are natural oils:
- Olive oil – the most popular in the world. This product will benefit the body both as a dietary supplement and as a skin care product. The high concentration of oleic acid in the oil makes it an ideal remedy to combat stretch marks during pregnancy. Penetrating deep into the layers of the skin, the oil nourishes and enriches the cells with essential vitamins and minerals.
- Sea buckthorn oil – contains a large amount of linolenic and lenoleic fatty acids, carotenes, vitamins, bioactive substances, amino acids and vegetable fats, which allows it to successfully maintain skin elasticity and elasticity and effectively fight stretch marks.
- Almond oil is a safe skin care product during pregnancy. Vitamins A, E, F and B groups, trace elements stimulate the synthesis of elastin and collagen, restore the water-lipid balance of skin cells, and biologically active substances strengthen it and minimize the appearance of stretch marks.
- Coconut oil – effectively copes with the newly appeared stretch marks and is quite safe for use by expectant mothers. Vitamin E contained in the oil protects the skin structure from atrophy and degenerative cell changes. Thanks to this oil, the skin relief becomes smoother, and the skin itself is soft and supple.
- Apricot oil is a tonic and regenerating agent suitable for use by both young children and pregnant women with any type of skin. Oil provides natural moisturizing of the skin, maintaining the optimal level of its elasticity. Oil is obtained from apricot kernels, which contains vitamins A, C, F, which makes this oil one of the basic components in the cosmetic industry for the manufacture of various creams and balms.
Cosmetic oils due to the high concentration of nutrients derived from herbal raw materials, are also quite effective in the fight against stretch marks and are recommended for daily body skin care:
- Oil “Weleda” – well nourishes the skin, keeps it in tone and prepares the outer cover for even greater loads associated with physiological changes in the body of a pregnant woman. The basis of the oil is the vegetable fats of wheat germ with the addition of an extract of arnica flowers and almonds. Penetrating through the pores, the active substances almost immediately begin to act, improving metabolic processes in the skin cells. Oil perfectly helps to remove the cosmetic flaw of the skin, and therefore recommended for use as a preventive measure for stretch marks at any stage of pregnancy.
- Universal oil “Johnsons Baby” well tones, restores and moisturizes the skin, stimulates the microcirculation of cells and renews their structure. This tool can be combined with other natural vegetable oils and fats (for example, with olive oil or apricot kernels). To do this, mix the ingredients in equal proportions and rub daily into problem areas of the body, without fear of allergic reactions.
Essential oils in the fight against stretch marks are even more effective than organic fats. However, with the ethers need to be very careful
Essential oils can be a few drops (2-5 drops per 1
- orange essential oil – contains many vitamins A, B, C and stimulates cell regeneration;
- pink – moisturizing the skin, increases its elasticity and reduces the appearance of scars stretch marks;
- anisic – normalizes the water-fat balance of the skin;
- sandalwood – tones and eliminates skin laxity;
- Ylang Ylang essential oil – stimulates the formation and division of new skin cells;