An increase in temperature during the lactation period can be caused by several factors, for example, a cold or mastitis, in any case it is necessary to direct the forces to eliminate the inflammatory process and increase the body temperature.
The main indicator to the elimination of temperature is the phenomenon of “milk burnout”, more understandable words – a partial decrease in the amount of milk, and in some cases a complete cessation of its production. This is not due to the fact of temperature, but as a result of the baby’s removal from the breast (most mothers are afraid to feed the baby during this period, citing the risk of infection), or the removal of the baby because of the subsequent taking of antibiotics or aggressive drugs.
Acceptable drugs and drugs
To prevent the transition of the reasons for which the temperature appeared, to the stage that requires antibiotics, the following medications are shown:
- The best option to reduce the temperature are ibuprofen-based children’s syrups (for example, Nurofen, Ibufen) or paracetamol (Panadol Baby). It should adhere to the dosage of 12-14 years, it will be enough for antipyretic and anti-inflammatory action;
- rectal suppositories are used as an alternative to syrups. For example, homeopathic and absolutely safe candles Viburkol, for lack of which you can use candles Nurofen, Efferalgan, Tsefekon D;
- of the “adult” drugs, Paracetamol is acceptable; it is the only one that does not have a high concentration in milk after complete absorption into the mother’s body.
You can also apply to the means of traditional medicine, which recommend these methods to reduce body temperature:
- plentiful drink with raspberry and sea buckthorn jams. The fact is that raspberries are natural paracetamol, and sea buckthorn has tremendous anti-inflammatory and regenerative properties, which is why in the complex they become the most effective method of traditional medicine;
- rubbing with cool salt water. You can add salt to the water, but rubbing with sea salt (for example, Umka) will be more effective;
- if you have already eaten boiled beets, you can drink a little beet juice, it has antipyretic properties;
- wiping with a cool, weak acetic solution (no more than 1
Apply these tools and methods should be combined, an approximate graph is as follows:
- morning – taking child-friendly antipyretic syrup Nurofen, or Ibuprofen, Panadol Baby;
- lunch – taking 1 paracetamol pill;
- evening – rectally introduce homeopathic candle;
- every 1.5-2 hours alternate acetic acid and salt wiping. At the same time watch your own condition, if these procedures become the causes of chills – they should be excluded from the course of treatment;
- during the day (every hour and a half) drink hot teas based on raspberries and sea buckthorn.
Contraindicated in HB
For many, medications such as Paracetamol and Aspirin are almost identical in pharmacological action, but in fact this is not the case. These drugs do have the same indications for use, but they differ in the specific effects on the body, and in the case when the method is indicated for a nursing mother, Aspirin is contraindicated, while Paracetamol is not. The fact is that when it is absorbed into the general bloodstream, acetylsalicylic acid (the main active ingredient of Aspirin) in quite a significant amount gets into breast milk, as a result – to the baby. Paracetamol also has less pronounced absorption properties. That is why it is absolutely contraindicated to use Aspirin during HB!
You should also not use combination drugs, for example, Coldflu, Antigrippin, Coldact, etc. In addition to the active ingredient paracetamol (permitted for administration in HB), the composition contains rather aggressive ingredients such as caffeine, chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride, and others.
It is not recommended to apply and grinding on the basis of vodka or alcohol – they rather quickly enter the general bloodstream, affect lactation and penetrate into breast milk. As a result – increased intoxication of the weakened mother’s body, and poisoning of the baby.