And ngavirin is a Russian antiviral drug with anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to the suppression of the reproduction of a viral infection and the delay in the further advance of the developed cells to the intercellular space.
Available in capsule form for internal use, as the active component contains imidazolyl ethanamide pentanediic acid.
However, due to the high price or individual intolerance of the active component, the selection of analogs is cheaper, which will not yield to it by
Ingavirin is not an antibiotic and differs pharmacological effect, as well as indications for use from this group of drugs.
The drug is low toxic and has a high safety profile. Capsules do not have a teratogenic, mutagenic, immunotoxic and carcinogenic effect, do not affect the functioning of the reproductive system. The active substance accumulates in the tissues of internal organs in the case of a single capsule per day for 5 days.
When Ingavirin is required
According to the instructions for use, the drug is used in the following cases:
- Adults and adolescents over the age of 13 years old are recommended capsules during the complex treatment of viruses type A and B, as well as SARS: parainfluenza, adenovirus, respiratory syncytial infection;
- adults for the prevention of influenza A and B, as well as SARS.
The drug is OTC, but not intended for self-medication. Before you start using it, you should consult with your doctor.
Rules of administration and dosage
Capsules are designed for internal use, they can be used regardless of the use of food. Depending on the course of the pathological process and the therapeutic result, the drug can be used for 5 days – 1 week.
Contraindications and side effects
Ingavirin prima is contraindicated in patients with:
- Individual intolerance to active or auxiliary substances.
- Lactase deficiency and lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption.
- Women awaiting the appearance of the child.
- For treatment: patients under 13 years old.
- For prophylaxis: patients under 18 years old.
The tool is not recommended to use in conjunction with other antiviral medications.
Medication is well tolerated by patients, in some cases, there were complaints of allergic reactions.
List of cheap Ingavirin analogues
The cost of Ingavirin was formed as follows:
- Capsules 60 mg, 7 pcs. – 430 rubles.
- Capsules 90 mg, 7 pcs. – 500 rub.
The exact structural analogue of Ingavirin on the pharmaceutical market is missing. However, the list of drugs that can replace it on therapeutic effects is small.
The list of analogues cheaper includes the following medicines:
- Arbidol – from 240 rubles.
- Anaferon – from 210 rubles.
- Remantadin – from 75 rubles.
- Kagocel – from 220 rubles.
- Cycloferon – from 190 rubles.
- Ribavirin – from 230 rubles.
- Tilaxin – from 220 rubles.
Before starting the use of any drug, you must carefully study the instructions, special attention, paying sections with a dosing regimen and possible contraindications.
The list of more expensive drugs analogues looks like this:
- Lavomax – from 530 rubles. for 6 pcs.
- Tamiflu – from 1250 rubles. for 10 pcs.
- Tiloram – from 590 rubles. for 6 pcs.
The price is formed depending on the manufacturer of the medicinal product. Using a more expensive drug is not an absolute guarantee that it will work faster and more efficiently than a more budgetary tool.
It all depends on the state of the patient’s immune system and associated diseases, as well as on the active ingredient. According to reviews, Ingavirin analogues are well tolerated by patients, and in some cases work more efficiently than the original. Let’s compare them.
Ingavirin or Arbidol
Arbidol is the Russian counterpart of Ingavirin, which is two times cheaper. Available in capsule form for internal administration. As the active substance contains umifenovir.
The list of indications at Arbidol is more extensive. In addition to the treatment and prevention of influenza A and B, as well as ARVI, the drug is also used for:
- Secondary immunodeficiency states.
- Comprehensive treatment of chronic bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic recurrent herpes virus infection.
- Acute intestinal rotavirus infections in patients older than 6 years of age.
- To normalize immunity and prevent the development of complications that occur after surgery.
Unlike Ingavirin, Arbidol capsules can be used in the treatment of patients older than 6 years, as well as pregnant women in the 2nd and 3rd trimester, if the benefits to the mother outweigh the possible risks to the child.
The dosage and duration of treatment are selected based on the patient’s age and indications for the use of the drug.
Ingavirin or Amiksin
Amixin’s active ingredient is tilorone, which has a more extensive list of indications than Ingavirin, while it is a cheaper substitute for it.
The drug can be used as part of a complex treatment:
- Cytomegalovirus infections.
- Herpes simplex virus in adult patients.
- Allergic and viral encephalomyelitis: multiple sclerosis, uveecephalitis, leukoencephalitis.
- Urogenital and respiratory chlamydia.
- Pulmonary tuberculosis.
The drug is recommended to take after meals. The scheme is selected depending on the indications for taking the pills. Amiksin can provoke adverse reactions uncharacteristic for Ingavirin in the form of dyspepsia and short-term chills. The drug is not used in the treatment of pregnant and lactating women.
Ingavirin or Grippferon
Grippferon is a drug with anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, antiviral effects.
Differs from Ingavirin dosage form: sold in pharmacies in the form of a nasal spray and nasal ointment. The active substance of the spray is human alpha interferon, the ointment additionally contains loratadine.
With the development of the first signs of the disease, the medicine should be used for 5 days according to a certain pattern.
- In the event that there was contact with an infected person, it was recommended to use the age dosage of the agent twice a day.
- To reduce the probability of infection during the seasonal exacerbation of infection, Grippferon is recommended to be used in the morning time of day in accordance with the age dosage and compliance with the interval of 1-2 days.