During pregnancy in the life of every woman there are important changes that affect her well-being, even her mood. One of the most significant events is the movement of the baby. The future mother is very much waiting for this moment and wants to know how long the child begins to move when this happens, because she feels it, the connection between them becomes even stronger.
When a baby develops a nervous system, it occurs at about 10–11 weeks of gestation (8–9 weeks of intrauterine development). The woman still does not feel these movements, as they are very weak and the baby is still not able to reach the abdominal wall. But over time, when he grows up, the woman will begin to feel unusual sensations when the baby begins to slowly move during pregnancy, and it is they who designate that the fetus is moving.
What week does the baby start to stir? This occurs at 17-24 weeks of pregnancy. Starting from week 28, its activity is especially high and movement can be felt very often. But these are exemplary data, since it is very difficult to tell exactly how long a woman will feel a stir, it is all very individual. It even depends on the body of a woman, for example, thin girls can feel the movement of a child earlier than plump ones.
Small heart beats inside
When the baby is already moving
To avoid further problems, a pregnant woman should know at what week of pregnancy and how the baby begins to move, signs, which characteristic sensations are the norm, and which are not. First of all, the belly must grow, and there must be the presence of the heartbeat and movement of the child. Having a clue about this, a woman will know what to expect and in case of inconsistency will consult a doctor in time. The activity of the child changes with each subsequent month, so it is very important to track all changes.
So, how to understand that the long-awaited moment has come when the fetus begins to move noticeably.
- The greatest chance to feel the movement can be in the evening or at night. With an active lifestyle, the expectant mother may not notice anything. Small pushes are considered normal.
- Also, after eating, eat something and be at rest. He will start moving, you can feel it.
- According to the testimonies of babies that have given birth to women, the movements of the baby are similar to swimming the fish, the fluttering of the butterfly, and also the processes of the gastrointestinal tract. It can also be like stroking or tickling inside the abdomen. Such symptoms appear already at 18-20 weeks.
- 30-32 week are characterized by light shocks of the upper and lower abdomen, it depends on where the baby is located.
Differences of the first pregnancy from the subsequent
The first and subsequent pregnancies may differ significantly in feelings. For example, a woman who has already given birth will feel when the fetus begins to move earlier than the one that is expecting the first child. Those who are waiting for the baby for the first time often wonder when the child begins to noticeably and perceptibly move inside the mother’s womb at 1 pregnancy. This is very worried about girls, and every slightest change makes the future mother worry. Such information is very important, it can be used to understand whether the fetus is developing correctly.
Pleasant sensations during the movement of the baby
There are certain differences in the development process of the first and second children. Changes affect not only how many weeks your baby begins to move during the first and second pregnancy, but also the nature of the shocks, how often movements, abdominal position, and other components occur.
- The growth of the abdomen a woman notices earlier than the first time. This is explained by the fact that after the first birth, the uterus has not yet returned to its initial state, therefore, it will increase faster.
- The location of the abdomen is also changing, now it is slightly lower than during the first pregnancy. Since the abdominal muscles are no longer able to keep it as before.
- The movements of the child are also felt earlier, but this is due to the fact that the future mother herself, based on her experience, can already distinguish the child’s activity and the processes of the gastrointestinal tract.
The third pregnancy also differs from the previous ones in that all the processes are felt earlier – the dynamics of the baby, the growth of the abdomen and all the other signs. This is quite normal, because the woman already knows what will happen to her throughout the whole process of gestation.
Mom and baby need fresh air
Do not raise panic
Properly proceeding pregnancy largely depends on the behavior of the expectant mother, or rather, her attentiveness to the unborn child. It is not enough to know only how many months the child begins to actively move in the abdomen, it is also important to monitor the nature of these movements, because with their help it is possible to diagnose the presence of deviations in time.
Timely access to a doctor is a pledge of healthy development, therefore, with the slightest inconsistencies, measures should be taken immediately. Knowing when you first felt your baby, you can even determine the approximate date of birth.
- A number of factors affect the behavior of an unborn child. Often, he behaves restlessly if the flow of oxygen is disturbed. This can happen with an uncomfortable pose of the mother, when she is in a stuffy or smoky room. For example, when a woman is lying on her back or sitting with her leg over her leg, this can provoke a child’s discomfort. To become better, you need to change your position or go to fresh air.
- If the baby moves too often, it is necessary to consult with the gynecologist so that he eliminates the risk of premature birth.
- Sometimes fetal activity can be painful. This is not a problem, as it can simply press down on the bladder and other nearby organs.
- Also during hiccups, the fetus can be pushed, but you need to sound the alarm when it does not stop for a long time. This rule works for all other symptoms.
- Keep track of the nature of the movements of the baby, it is useful for the doctor. Also remember when you first felt his presence.
Dynamics of fetal development
When a child begins to move strongly in the stomach, the expectant mother immediately becomes agitated and watches each new movement. This is correct, but often girls exaggerate and beat a false alarm. To avoid this, you need to know and understand what affects the activity of the fetus. The following describes all the processes occurring with him, and the reasons for those or other changes.
The happiest period of life
How to eliminate the possible danger?
Also important is the nature of the changes that occur with a woman’s body. The slightest changes should be regularly observed. At what period of pregnancy the child begins to move and kick, how many times a day, the nature of movements, the symptoms that do not give rest – all this needs to be discussed with your gynecologist and in time to take the necessary measures.
What you should pay attention to.
- If the baby does not move more than 3-4 hours, you need to start worrying, because at this particular time he can sleep. To guess when he sleeps is impossible at first – he decides when it is time to rest.
- If you are concerned about the dynamics of fetal activity, you can pass a special Pearson test. It needs to pass, starting at 28 weeks. If according to the test results you observed less than 10 perturbations per day, this is a reason to consult a doctor, because such a result may indicate oxygen deficiency.
- Usually the baby should be pushed about 7-10 times per hour. Usually in the morning from 4 to 10 o’clock he usually sleeps, so he is at rest.
- For greater accuracy and additional confidence in the prosperous development of the unborn child, you can also pass the Sadowski test. It should be monitored after the meal, in the period from
Twins or one?
When the fetus starts to move noticeably, mother can immediately think about who lives inside – one baby or two. In fact, there is no particular difference between twins and one child in the movement – except that you can feel it a little earlier, at 16-18 weeks. The main thing is that there are no alarming symptoms of deviations.
Timely observation of changes in your body provides a favorable course of pregnancy. The future mother must be interested in all the nuances of motherhood and the development of the fetus, and also know in what month and how the child begins to move, how he manifests himself and what should make him worry. Correct attitude to motherhood is a guarantee of baby’s health!