Most often, sweating feet occurs in adults. However, the same disease can also affect children, and, moreover, of different age groups. It cannot be said that every child has hyperhidrosis, but if it does, it causes a lot of inconvenience. If a child’s feet sweat, parents begin to worry and look for means of eliminating this problem. Why children may have excessive sweating and how to get rid of this disease will be described in this article.
Foot sweats in children
Sweating is the body’s natural defensive reaction. But if it is high – this may indicate any disruption in the body.
A number of causes of hyperhidrosis may be as follows:
- Synthetic materials. Pantyhose, socks and shoes made of artificial materials do not allow the feet to breathe, which increases sweating. In turn, the fungus begins to spread on the feet and between the fingers, which leads to an unpleasant odor.
- Increased ambient temperature. If the baby is in a room where the temperature is elevated, sweating will indicate that the body is protected from overheating.
- Excess weight. Most often, overweight children sweat their legs harder. During movement, especially running or outdoor games, the body tenses more than that of thin children. As a result, a lot of fluid is released to get the right amount of energy.
- Drinking large amounts of fluid. As a rule, children drink a lot, especially with high mobility. The resulting liquid evaporates as water through the surface of the skin.
- Nervousness. If children have frequent stress or fatigue, then the foot and palm will definitely sweat. This is a normal reaction of the body to an excess of emotions.
- Vegetative dystonia. As a result of the fact that the blood does not regularly enter the blood vessels, the body begins to release excess heat in the form of sweat.
- Disturbed metabolism. In children, the metabolism can be disturbed due to rickets, which is caused by a lack of vitamin D, while most often the part of the head covered with hair sweats, and in some cases the legs begin to sweat.
- Diseases of the endocrine system. With endocrine diseases, the child’s legs sweat a lot. Insomnia, tearfulness and trembling in the hands may be observed.
- Hypertension. As a result of problems with the heart or blood vessels, children may experience high blood pressure. After the pressure goes down, the whole body sweats.
Child’s feet are sweating
Causes of excessive sweating in babies are different. Everyone knows that a baby, appearing into the world, only learns to adapt to the environment. In this regard, the baby often overcools or overheats the body. They freeze at the slightest decrease in temperature, but at the same time they also warm up quickly as it rises.
With the release of sweat, the newborn gets rid of excess heat. For example, when a mother puts on warm socks on a baby at normal temperature, he immediately sweats. Children’s body normalizes the process of thermoregulation for about a year. Therefore, nothing can be done with sweating during this period.
Also, the baby is sweating due to increased muscle tone. In this case, massage and special gymnastics will help to get rid of severe perspiration. These are the main reasons why a baby can be sweaty. The older the crumb, the more there may be causes of sweating, and the more difficult it is to treat them. What if the child is often sweating, this will be discussed further.
Footwear for children
Why a child’s feet sweat can only determine the doctor The reasons may be different, so be sure to contact a specialist. To determine why a child is sweating, first of all tests are prescribed. If there is a suspicion of a serious disease, you will need to go to a specialist.
To reduce the reasons for which children can sweat, you should apply the recommendations of doctors, for example:
- Do not overheat the baby, putting on too warm things;
- It is best to maintain the temperature in the living room 20-21 degrees, but not higher – this temperature is more comfortable for children, according to pediatricians;
- Children need daily walks in the fresh air, regardless of the season;
- Shoes should be made from natural materials that will allow the foot to breathe;
- It is good to teach a child to hardening procedures from childhood, such as a contrast shower, walking barefoot in dew, and massage wet paths;
- In summer you can go to the sea, breathe the sea air;
- If there are no serious diseases, various folk remedies can be used;
- Foot massage helps with vascular diseases;
- Avoid stressful situations that may disturb the emotional background of the child;
- Pay special attention to proper nutrition.
In most cases, the cause of sweating feet in children under 12 years of age is the wrong shoes, which eventually passes. However, it is worth to be safe and consult a doctor.