Healthy airways, as well as lungs produce special sounds during exhalation and inhalation. However, not all noises can be normal. There is harsh breathing caused by inflammatory processes affecting the airways, especially the bronchi. These processes almost always change the volume of the exhalation, and it is heard as clearly as inhalation.
Symptoms of the disease
Such breathing is easy to identify by clear indicators of a common disease – the appearance of a dry, intense cough, shortness of breath. The temperature may increase to a small extent. But these signs are peculiar to simple ARVI. In most cases, due to incorrectly prescribed therapy, ARVI ends with bronchitis.
Usually, when examining and listening in the chest area, the doctor hears harsh breathing in the lungs. At the first stage of indisposition, wheezing, as a rule, is not audible. With a heightened course of the disease, the patient’s well-being may be noticeably aggravated: a wet cough begins with a hard sputum and the body temperature rises. Probably even the occurrence of asthma.
Allergy sufferers may develop bronchitis as a result of contact with an irritant without temperature. It is very simple to diagnose this disease: the patient has a strong cough, watery eyes after contact with the allergen.
If there is no cough
Not always the phenomenon of a hard cough in a child, refers to the pathological. For example, it may depend on the physiological properties of the respiratory system of the baby. In this case, the smaller the child is in age, the stronger his breath. In the first months of life, the phenomenon can be caused by poor development of muscle fibers and alveoli. This anomaly is observed in children from birth to 10 years. However, in the future it usually passes.
Do not neglect the help of a doctor
Sometimes hard breathing is observed with bronchitis or a more complex disease – bronchopneumonia. Contact a pediatrician should be mandatory, especially when increasing the noise on the exhale and coarse timbre of the voice. A conversation with a specialist is also necessary when the exhalation has become too noisy. The doctor will tell you how to treat harsh breathing.
Inhalation is an active process, exhalation does not require intensity, and it must be reflexive. The sound of exhalation changes in the state when the body has an inflammatory process concerning the bronchi. In this situation, exhale and inhale are equally audible. To visit the doctor and make an x-ray should be and with difficulty breathing, wheezing, severe coughing, as well as shortness of breath.
If the baby has a cough
For the most part, the crumbs have a cold due to hypothermia. As a result, immunity goes down, and the infection spreads quickly throughout the weak body. Often, the inflammatory process begins in the mucous membranes of the bronchi. It is accompanied by an increase in sputum separation.
At this time, the pediatrician, when listening, determines hard breathing and coughing in a child. In addition, there are also wheezing associated with enhanced sputum. At the initial stage of indisposition, the cough is usually dry, and then, as it grows, it becomes wet. A cough with a sharp breath can make you aware of a recent acute respiratory viral infection (not all the secret has yet come out of the bronchi)
Hard breathing: causes
Parents should understand that children have a rather weak immunity. From the moment of birth, it only begins to be developed, and therefore the baby is significantly susceptible to various diseases. There are several provoking factors that excite children’s diseases, namely:
- persistent infections of the respiratory tract;
- severe temperature differences (alternation of cold and hot air);
- the presence of allergens;
- the presence of chemical pathogens (they usually enter the body simultaneously with inhaled air).
Small children suffer almost all ailments. So, with bronchitis, similar processes are able to initiate the rapid formation of obstruction (clogging) of the bronchi, as a result of which acute respiratory failure occurs.
In very rare cases, hard breathing and coughing can be provoked by a disease such as diphtheria: the crumbs have a fever and fatigue appears with anxiety. And then without the advice of a pediatrician doctor can not do. As soon as there is any suspicion of this disease, an urgent need to contact a specialist.
What can mean heavy breathing
Often, this phenomenon is found in the result of a previous cold. If the baby is doing well, there is no wheezing when listening, and the body temperature is normal, then there is nothing to worry about. However, if there is at least one indicator of the above, then some ailments can be suspected. Here are signs of the most common diseases.
- Hard breathing appears with a large accumulation of secretions in the airways and bronchi. Such sputum must be released without fail, so that the respiratory ducts do not clog and the pathological process does not begin to develop. Increased mucus production occurs when the air in the room is too dry, lack of drinking, and no walks outside. Constant airing of the room, humidification of the air, and frequent presence on the street will help to correct the situation, but only if the disease is just beginning to develop.
What can give treatment
In order to prescribe the correct therapy for hard breathing, you should make an appointment with a specialist who will provide information on all of her methods and prescribe effective and appropriate treatment in a short time. And how to treat harsh breathing in a child? Many certainly care about such a question. But more about that later. First you need to know what this therapy gives:
- increased immunity (immunomodulation);
- protection from infection (there is a recovery of the bronchi and ENT organs);
- increasing the energy of the human body to the norm;
- improving the functioning of the vascular-lymphatic system and gastrointestinal tract.
On a note
If the formation of noise during breathing in the offspring is only the initial stage of the disease, then there is no need to buy him medication. Give the child more warm fluids to soften the mucus that remains after the illness. It is also recommended to humidify indoor air as often as possible, especially in the nursery. In addition, hard breathing, as well as coughing, may appear due to an allergic reaction. If parents assume such a disease, then it is necessary to determine its nature and eliminate contact with an irritating substance to the maximum.
Therapy of heavy breathing folk and drugs
There are many ways to treat this phenomenon.
- If you have a cough, children from 1 to 10 years old are allowed to give extracts of medicinal plants (chamomile flowers, plantain leaves and calendula). Take 1 tbsp. l each type, pour 3 cups of boiling water and insist somewhere for 20 minutes. Strain and drink 0.5 glass of infusion three times a day for 15-20 minutes. before the meal.
- Soften a strong cough and hard breathing will help such a gruel: taken 2 egg yolks, 2 tbsp. l butter (butter), 2 tsp. any honey and 1 tsp. ordinary flour. All this is mixed and consumed by 1 d. L. 3-4 times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
- If you have wheezing with sputum, you can apply this recipe: take 2 tbsp. l dried figs, boil it in 1 cup of milk or water. Drink half a glass 2-3 times a day to eliminate harsh breathing.
- Dry coughing can also be treated with expectorants (bronchodilators – Berodual, Salbutamol, Berotec, Atroventa and mucolytics – Ambroxol, Bromhexin, Tiloxanol, Acetylcysteine).
- If a bacterial infection is present, then antibiotics are prescribed (“Ampicillin”, “Cefalexin”, “Sulbactam”, “Cefaclor”, “Rulid”, “Macropen”).
To determine the bronchitis in a child is not difficult. The diagnosis is made if there are certain complaints, as well as serious symptoms of the disease. Additionally, the pediatrician listens for heavy breathing. Rattles can be both wet and dry, and often depend on the degree of development of the disease.
From this article many probably already learned what it means to breathe hard and how to fight it. Of course, no one is immune from various ailments, but you can always find ways to protect your body from all sorts of infections and inflammations.