Children at an early age are prone to viral and bacterial infections, often catch cold. Parents have to solve the problem, than to treat the throat of a child 3 years old, to get rid of the symptoms of the disease and eliminate the cause of the indisposition. Not all antibiotics are suitable for young children; There are restrictions on the use of antiviral and antihistamines. Treat with approved pharmaceutical preparations, use a salt solution and herbal extracts for gargling.
Simple and safe remedies for sore throat
Difficulties in swallowing, talking, oropharyngeal pain are symptoms of a cold, ARVI, sore throat, pharyngitis and tracheitis. The tonsils are usually enlarged, the mucous membrane of the throat is red and swollen. If the temperature is high, there is a purulent plaque on the tonsils and symptoms of intoxication, then the pediatrician is called on the house.
If a streptococcal tonsillitis is suspected, a throat swab is performed for a child. This laboratory analysis allows to determine the cause of the disease and correctly resolve the issue of the appointment of antibiotic therapy. In the absence of streptococcus in a smear, symptomatic treatment is carried out.
For rinsing using herbal infusions and solutions of pharmaceutical preparations. The procedure is carried out 4–5 times a day. Rinse your mouth and throat with clean water. After rinsing, do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes.
Before you treat your child with a pharmacy drug or a folk remedy, you need to calculate the dosage. It is necessary to make adjustments for the age of children. A small child is ¼ – ½ of the dose for an adult. For example, in childhood, chamomile tea is often used as an anti-inflammatory agent for colds and ARVI. Baby can take 1 tbsp. l of this solution 3 times a day. If the red throat in a child of school age, then give half a cup of infusion.
Nasal congestion for colds, ARVI leads to the fact that the mouth is constantly open. If the throat mucosa dries, the tickling and pain intensifies. Nasal passages need to be more free from mucus, bury drops on the basis of sea water. Rinse the throat with saline and a more concentrated liquid with salt and soda.
The effect of salt water on a sore throat:
- stimulation of blood circulation, increase in blood flow to the throat and expansion of the capillaries;
- the dissolution of soft plaque on the tongue, teeth, gums, containing pathogenic microbes;
- leaching and detrimental effects on bacteria that cause inflammation;
- disinfection of wounds, ulcers in the mouth;
- neutralizing toxins and cleansing the mucous.
Salt in the old days was called “white gold”. As a therapeutic agent is used for over 6000 years. Saline has an antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect. Effective rinsing of the throat and mouth, rinsing the nose is considered effective. Salt caves and rooms are used for general recovery, enhance immunity. Such procedures are especially useful for children with ENT diseases.
Faringosept – lozenges
If parents in a pharmacy ask what to give to a three-year-old child from the throat, then in response they may hear: “Faringosept.” These are lozenges with antiseptic and antimicrobial action. The active substance destroys pathogenic microbes in the oropharynx, on the tonsils. The tool is used for the initial symptoms of angina and pharyngitis. In mild cases it can be limited only to local treatment with Faringosept. As a result, the risk of complications and the development of streptococcal tonsillitis is reduced.
A child aged 3 to 7 years of sore throat can dissolve 3 tablets during the day, which is 30 mg of active ingredient. Give the pill half an hour after meals. They explain to the kid in advance that the tablet should be absorbed in the mouth until it is completely dissolved. After that, you can not drink and eat for 2 hours. Apply Faringosept tablets from 3 to 5 days.
Solutions for sore throat
Rinsing and irrigation solutions allow you to remove the symptoms of inflammation that are annoying the child. Drugs that are approved for topical use at an early age are relatively few. Rinsing can be carried out with aqueous solutions of Furacilin and Miramistin.
Sprays and solutions for the treatment of throat in children 3 years:
Antibiotic products should be applied for at least 5 days. You can not often irrigate the throat with an antimicrobial solution, so as not to disturb the balance of the pharynx microflora. Antiseptics reduce inflammation and pain, but they can cause irritation and dryness of the mucous membranes. Before using each drug, you should carefully read the instructions for it, which lists indications and contraindications.
In addition to the spray Lugol pharmacy can offer a solution with the same name to lubricate the throat with angina. Children under one year can not treat the tonsils with iodine preparations. The use of Lugol solution with glycerin to lubricate the throat is carried out for a child from one year to 5 years only after consulting a pediatrician. The procedure is not carried out with purulent tonsillitis, as it is possible penetration of the infection in the tonsils.
Geksoral – solution for topical administration with antimicrobial effect
The drug can be used to treat a child, if he can gargle and understands that the liquid can not be swallowed. In addition to the solution, under the brand name Hexoral release aerosol and lozenges. Funds have antimicrobial and analgesic effect when applied topically.
The active ingredient of the drug is hexatidine. The drug shows antibacterial activity against pathogens of bacterial angina, pharyngitis, oral candidiasis. The solution has no color, has a faint smell of mint and anise.
How to cure a sore throat with a rinse with Hexoral:
- Pour 15 ml of solution into a measuring plastic cup.
- Rinse with undiluted oropharynx for 30 seconds.
- Spit out the solution.
- Repeat the procedure in the morning and evening.
- The drug can be applied to the tonsils with a cotton swab.
Geksoral has an antiseptic effect, has an analgesic effect. The analogue in the form of release and the active substance – Stomatidin solution – is allowed to apply after 4 years.
Throat Spray and Spray
After the incubation period, the harmful activity of viruses and bacteria begins in the mucous membrane of the pharynx and tonsils. The child feels sore and sore throat, becomes sluggish. At the first symptoms of sore throat and pharyngitis, parents try to use local remedies – solutions for gargling and spray. Drugs in the composition of such drugs fall only in the upper respiratory tract.
The therapeutic effect of rinse solutions and throat sprays for children from 3 years:
- Antibiotics and sulfonamides accelerate recovery from bacterial sore throat, exacerbation of chronic infection in the throat. Preparations – Bioparox, Ingalipt.
- Antiseptics are found in most sprays. It is recommended for use in any infectious diseases of the oral cavity and pharynx. For the treatment of children aged 3-5 years are used: Miramistin, Orasept, Hexoral, Lugol, Yodinol, Yoks.
- Anesthetics benzocaine and lidocaine have anesthetic effect. Antiseptic and anesthetic throat spray – TeraFlu LAR (from 4 years).
- Sea water is used as a cleansing and moisturizing agent for the mucous membranes, has no side effects. Preparations: Aqualor and Aqua Maris.
- Anti-inflammatory substances are present in the composition of the spray Tantum Verde, Stopangin.
Spray and aerosol are not the same thing. The differences are in the method of spraying drugs, the diameter of the solution drops. A small pump is mounted in the lid of the spray bottle, and the container itself is most often made of glass. Inside the pressure is not different from atmospheric; droplets falling into the throat are larger than 5 microns.
In an aerosol can, the pressure exceeds atmospheric pressure several times. Due to this, the drug is sprayed into particles smaller than 5 microns. The cylinder is made of a metal alloy, which increases the cost of production and prices for finished products. Drops are ejected at a significant rate, which may cause a child to have a reflex holding his breath, cough, gag reflex, bronchospasm.
Treatment of SARS, angina and pharyngitis by symptoms
A sick child should be left at home, put to bed at an elevated temperature, fever. Simple remedies for the throat – rinsing with salt water, a warm drink with chamomile extract and honey. Pharmacies dispense over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and pain medications for oral administration, local remedies.
How to quickly cure sore throat and pharyngitis:
- Give syrups and suspensions with ibuprofen or paracetamol, if the temperature rises, the child has a sore throat 3 years old (Nurofen, Pandol baby, Efferalgan). Reception frequency – from 4 to 6 times a day at body temperature above 38 ° С.
- You can use rectal suppositories with the same active ingredients (Children’s Panadol, Cefecon N, Paracetamol, Efferalgan).
- Enhance the effect of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs antihistamines. Children older than 1 year are given the drops Fenistil, Desloratadine, Zyrtec, Parlazin.
- Immuno, Immunal, Galavit (drops and lozenges) stimulate their own immunity.
- They offer the child to drink a decoction of wild rose berries, tea with sage leaves or linden flowers in a warm but not hot form.
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs harm the stomach, so it is preferable to use candles for treating children. Antihistamines reduce the swelling of the mucous membranes, reduce the toxic effect of microbes on the body. But such drugs can not be used for a long time.
For the preparation of therapeutic infusion of berries and herbs will take 1-2 tbsp. l vegetable raw materials and a cup of boiling water. They offer the child a healing drink between meals. This facilitates swallowing and eliminates the discomfort associated with the inflammatory process in the throat.