Nutritionists do not recommend future moms overeat. This can lead to undesirable consequences: the figure will not only become heavy and blurred, overeating can affect the birth process and complicate it.
In order for the future child and his mother to feel comfortable and receive the entire amount of vitamins, it is necessary to balance the diet and ensure a full diet of the pregnant woman. It is considered normal when a woman gains up to 12 kg of weight during pregnancy. When the weight increases unevenly and complications appear, which will be discussed below, the need arises to hold fasting days during pregnancy. The decision to reduce the excess weight of a pregnant woman makes a doctor. If mommy decided to arrange a diet day for herself, she should consult with a doctor about the possibility of it.
The choice between diet and fasting day
Diet is called a special diet for pregnant women, used in the event of a pathology, such as: obesity, diabetes, allergies, etc. During the diet, follow certain rules and limit the consumption of certain foods. Many people use diets in everyday life: to lose weight, for health reasons. They are respected for a certain period, sometimes very long.
If a pregnant woman has chronic diseases, such as diabetes mellitus or diseases of the kidneys, stomach, then there is a need for the appointment of therapeutic nutrition. Any diet is consistent with a leading gynecologist. When pregnancy is not recommended to refrain from eating, if the body requires it. It is harmful and dangerous for the future of the newborn. If you suppress the appetite and the desire to eat some foods, it can lead to what is called overeating. To prevent this from happening and if there is a need to reduce calories or the amount of food consumed, doctors recommend arranging a day when they eat only light food.
Conducting a medical day, provided it is properly carried out, will allow you to get all the nutrients needed by the expectant mom and her child. In addition, as a result of the discharge, the work of all organs is facilitated.
During such a day, the gastrointestinal tract receives rest, the intestines are cleaned, the body is freed from harmful metabolic products, restriction activity is regulated, metabolism is accelerated, and excess fluid is removed. As a rule, the fasting days of a pregnant woman are monitored by a doctor so that the lack of any products does not lead to the pathology of the fetus. Anyway, this day is a kind of shock for the body. For his appointment must be compelling reasons. On this day, food should be quite satisfying, but with a lower calorie content.
In the fasting days there are positive and negative points. The advantages include:
- disposal of slags and toxins;
- getting extra vitamins;
- withdrawal of excess fluid;
- weight loss;
- does not harm health;
- normalization of blood pressure;
- strengthening the cardiovascular system;
- reduction of edema.
There are no minuses in fasting days, they have an effective and beneficial effect on the body. But contraindications exist. These include:
- low weight before pregnancy;
- available chronic diseases that do not allow eating low calorie foods;
- diseases of the stomach, heart and
Whether it is possible for pregnant women to do fasting days is decided by the doctor on the basis of tests of the pregnant woman. If required, then further consult with narrow specialists: endocrinologists, cardiologists, therapists.
Significant weight gain during pregnancy is not always the result of enhanced nutrition or consumption of high-calorie meals. This can be explained by the features of the organism of the future mother, her lifestyle.
But if such symptoms occur:
- leg swelling;
- blood pressure rises;
- heart work is broken;
- there are problems with the work of the internal organs (kidneys, liver),
then the appointment of fasting days will be reasonable and necessary. The presence of these signs indicates a change in the condition of the pregnant woman. And this, in turn, may affect the health and development of the unborn child.
The need for fasting days arises in the presence of such pathologies
- Obesity of any degree and risk of diabetes. An increase in the level of sugar or glucose causes damage to the walls of blood vessels in the fetus, disrupting blood flow. In the future, it threatens the occurrence of complications in the child, leads to injuries during childbirth, increases the risk of diabetes in the child.
- Preeclampsia or preeclampsia is expressed in increased blood pressure, edema, and protein in the urine. These pathologies can cause premature labor, there is a danger of oxygen starvation of the fetus.
- The rapid weight gain during pregnancy is a weighty reason for the fasting day.
The correct procedure for holding fasting days
- Carrying out fasting days is recommended from the 28th week of pregnancy, after all the organs of the unborn child are formed.
- Doctors usually advise to arrange them once every 10 days. It is best to spend them on the same day of the week. Thus, you accustom the body to a specific diet, there will be no serious problems with well-being.
- Such a day should be a one-time (single), if you withstand unloading for 2-3 days, it will be considered a diet, and pregnant and fetus cannot be subjected to such testing.
- If a woman is suffering from toxicosis, then it is better not to spend fasting days. Hunger increases nausea.
- Sometimes the doctor recommends to spend the day of discharge, but with increasing volumes of servings and reducing the intervals between meals.
- To ensure the diversity of incoming nutrients in the body of a pregnant woman should be different fasting days.
- During the day, 5-6 equal portions of the prepared volume of food are eaten. It is recommended to eat slowly, chewing food thoroughly so that it is better absorbed, and saturation has come before.
- If a vegetable day is arranged, the volume of vegetables or fruit consumed should not be more than 2 kg.
- On a protein day, the diet consists of 500-700g of provisions.
- The amount of fluid you drink is at least two liters. Less water will not affect the cleansing of the body.
PREGNANT DO NOT:
- with edema, drink diuretics. They increase the burden on the kidneys;
- use the means to cleanse the intestines. It is better to do this in advance;
- at the end of the unloading day it is not recommended to abuse the food. In all you need to know when to stop.
It is better to spend the day of unloading at home for a quiet occupation, not to do work that requires physical effort.
An important condition for any day of discharge is fluid intake: you need to drink at least two liters of liquid to balance the recovery of minerals. Lack of fluid reduces discharge efficiency. In order to choose the variants of such days that are suitable for you, they are conventionally divided into two groups: fed up and hungry days. The first type is ideal for those future moms who have not decided on a weight loss program and do not like to drastically change the power supply system. This kind of discharge does not cause feelings of hunger and gives good results. Full days can be spent several times a week. Calorie intake for a full day is about 1000.
A full discharge system for pregnant allows the day to be included in the menu
- Any kinds of meat products: beef, veal, chicken or turkey meat (400g) and fresh vegetables up to 800g. Products are divided into 5-6 receptions. Before going to bed, it is supposed to drink kefir, preferably skimmed, and during the day to drink the prescribed volume of liquid. Limit salt intake.
- Seafood cooked in any way (boiled, stewed or baked, steamed). They take no more than half a kilo. The list is supplemented with steamed vegetables: cabbage, eggplants, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, sweet peppers, mushrooms. The volume of fluid per day is one and a half liters, including tea.
- Permissible to enter into the diet of fruit salad. It is made from different fruits and filled with natural yogurt. An approximate volume of 1 to 1.5 kg of product is divided into four portions. Closer to the evening rest drink 1% kefir, and during the day, 1.5 liters of water.
- Berries and curd. When the day is spent in the summer, there are no difficulties with the fresh fruits of the berry bushes. You can take any berries: strawberries, raspberries, cherries, currants and low-fat cottage cheese. A kilogram of berries and 400g of cottage cheese are distributed throughout the day, and are eaten in small portions. Water and tea are consumed in the usual volume.
Hungry fasting days during pregnancy assume the use of one type of food, to give the opportunity to rest the digestive system. Due to their low energy value, it is recommended to arrange them no more than once a week. Water consumption rules do not change: you need to drink at least two liters of liquid per day.
Unloading days are:
- Watermelon. During the day you need to eat at least one and a half kilograms of watermelon for 5-6 receptions. Water is drunk in the usual manner.
- Apple The diet includes one and a half kilograms of fresh or baked apples with cinnamon. Sugar is not recommended. Tea and water are still consumed in the amount of 1.5-2 liters.
- Sour milk day. 1.5 liters of kefir, ryazhenka, yoghurt to choose from are drunk throughout the day. The amount of water, tea is reduced to one and a half liters.
- Fruit days suggest the introduction of various fruits into the diet. Usually choose apples.
- Kompotny day. Cook a compote of one and a half liters of water and a kilogram of fruit, dried or fresh. Drink it throughout the day.
- Vegetable day. Eat one and a half kilograms of neutral vegetables per day (you can take zucchini or pumpkin). Baked root vegetables filled with vegetable oil or sour cream. Liquid drink as usual.
- Buckwheat unloading. 200 grams of cereal poured boiling water and leave to swell. Eat, divided into 5 servings during the day. You can drink mineral water without gas or weak tea.
From the abundance of fasting days for a pregnant woman, you can choose any option by first coordinating it with your doctor. Vegetable, juice and fruit days are usually recommended, as they are considered more effective and provide the need for minerals and vitamins. Another recommendation relates to the alternation of fasting days. They can be changed, thereby increasing effectiveness.
As for meat, dairy or fat days, they cannot be arranged for women who smoke and those who have diseases of the digestive and cardiovascular systems. It is important to remember that each type of discharge acts as a medical tool, but there are also contraindications. Thus, the fermented milk version is recommended in the presence of obesity and atherosclerosis, consumption of cucumbers has an effect in hypertension, apple and watermelon days are effective in kidney disease and hypertension.
If you doubt your health, feel discomfort, have noticed some unpleasant moments associated with eating, you should definitely consult a doctor. The specialist will tell you exactly what is happening. If necessary, tell the correct recipe unloading day.
Competently spent a day of light nutrition helps to remove from 300 to 800 g of excess weight due to the removal of excess fluid.
How to make unloading pleasant?
Fasting days will give good results and will not be a difficult test for the body during pregnancy if:
- use small-sized dishes so that the portion does not seem tiny, then the feeling of fullness will come quickly;
- eat slowly and chew food thoroughly so that the signal for food to enter the stomach has reached the brain;
- find an interesting activity for yourself that will divert attention from food and the refrigerator;
- if you find a companion, food restrictions will be easier to carry.
Nutrition during different periods of pregnancy
In the first trimester of pregnancy, women face such a problem as toxicosis. Their taste changes, their appetite increases. During this period, it is important to observe the correct diet and monitor the full value of the diet. What foods can I eat?
In the menu of a pregnant must be
- Animal and vegetable proteins. Beef, chicken, soy, beans, eggs and milk will provide the body with their presence.
- Vegetable fats. Olive, flaxseed, sunflower oil contain unsaturated acids, easily digested by the body.
- Carbohydrates in cereals will aid digestion.
- For pregnant women, folic acid is important. It contains bananas, spinach, pumpkin and cereals.
- Iron contains apples, buckwheat, liver, fish, mushrooms, chocolate and cocoa.
- Cottage cheese, cheese, broccoli will satisfy the need for calcium.
- Magnesium is obtained from almonds and barley, cabbage, and bran.
Meals should be fractional and include at least 6 meals.
Sample menu of the first trimester of pregnancy
- Muesli or cereal with milk
- Yogurt 2.5% fat
- Meat soup
- Vegetable Salad
- Braised Cabbage with Boiled Rice
- Porridge with milk (oatmeal, rice, buckwheat)
- Butter Croutons or Sandwich
- Fish soup or soup
- Cottage cheese no more than 100 g
- Boiled pasta or vermicelli with liver cutlets
- Seaweed Salad
- Curd, weak tea
- Cookies with juice
- Broccoli or pumpkin puree soup
- Steamed chicken cutlet with mashed potatoes
- Low Fat Natural Yoghurt
- Porridge with milk and juice
- Yogurt and fruit or berries
- Vegetable soup with cabbage (cauliflower or broccoli)
- Pear, apple or any other fruit
- Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Berry juice or cranberry compote
- Ryazhenka, cheese sandwich
- Orange or tangerines
- Meatballs with steamed vegetables
- The nuts
- Baked sour cream potatoes and green tea
- Fat free kefir
- Herbal decoction cheesecakes
- 12 pieces of dried apricots
- Chicken Soup, Wholemeal Bread
- Salad of grated carrots and apples with honey
- Greek salad and tea
- Porridge on milk with apple, tea
- Banana or pear
- Chicken noodle soup and tomato salad, tea
- Steamed chicken cutlet and steamed vegetables
- Yogurt or kefir
Proper nutrition and moderate exercise provide control of weight gain at the initial stage of pregnancy.
In the 2nd trimester, an increased appetite. This is due to the growth of the baby, which needs nutrients, vitamins and trace elements. The growth of the future child causes the weight gain of the future mother. In the second trimester of pregnancy, it is important to prevent uncontrolled weight gain, so that complications do not arise in the future. It is recommended to follow the rules of healthy eating, refusal of baking, sweets, fried and spicy dishes. If there is a need for a pregnant woman in fasting days, doctors advise to adhere to a healthy diet in combination with a fractional diet. You can arrange fruit and vegetable days no more than once a week, with the emphasis on the use of only natural vegetables or fruits from a rural garden.
- Carrot pancakes with sour cream
- Cookies (cottage cheese or galetny), kefir
- Fish soup and vegetable casserole
- Rosehip decoction
- Meatballs from dietary meat (chicken, turkey, rabbit), carrot salad
- Grain cereal with pumpkin
- Low-fat yogurt and dry savory biscuits
- Green soup, fish soufflé
- Cottage cheese and citrus
- Cabbage soup, boiled beans and lean fish fillet
Wednesday (fasting day)
- During the day, 500 grams of low-fat cottage cheese and half a liter of kefir
- Milk millet porridge with butter
- Vegetable kissel from carrots and cheesecakes
- Soup with cauliflower, boiled chicken or white meat chicken and rice
- Rosehip Drink and Biscuits
- Zucchini with minced chicken
- Boiled eggs and tomato
- Cottage cheese and kefir
- Spinach soup and fish
- Carrot-Apple Salad
- Squash fritters and boiled chicken
- Cheesecake with carrots
- Apple and kefir
- Soup with crackers
- Compote and dry biscuits
- Boiled beef and pumpkin pancakes
- Barley Porridge
- Cottage cheese casserole seasoned with sour cream
- Rice soup and sauerkraut salad
- Compote or juice from the berries. Biscuit
- Boiled meat with vegetable pancakes
The most crucial gestation period is 38 weeks. In the third trimester, the body must be prepared for the onset of labor, and the food at this stage must be complete to provide energy and strength. As for holding fasting days in the 3rd trimester, they can be prescribed by a doctor only if necessary. If the weight of the pregnant woman is much higher than the recommended, then the unloading does not hurt, but will be quite justified. In this period, a woman is preparing for the birth of a new person. She needs strength to do her hard work and nutrition is an important preparatory part of the generic process.
The menu of the future mother in preparation for childbirth is almost the same as the menu of the second trimester. The only condition: you should reduce the number of meals up to 4 times a day. On a fasting day, it is recommended to eat vegetable salads, apples (fresh or baked) and cottage cheese.
Reviews and results are thinner
Women in a pleasant position understand the need to organize fasting days. Many of them underwent this procedure more than once during pregnancy, the reviews about it are ambiguous. However, all reviews strongly advise newcomers to follow the recommendations of doctors. Many neutral comments, indicating the absence of any results. Sometimes there are reviews that are useful for pregnant women, with tips on general condition or recommendations on how to make it easier to get out of the day of unloading. In any case, for each future mommy her condition is unique and someone else’s experience may not be useful.
Below are a few comments, perhaps for someone there will be an answer to your questions.
Alevtina Enikeeva, 28 years old, educator, Magnitogorsk
Gained in the first months of pregnancy those extra pounds. The doctor advised to arrange a kefir day. Repeated the procedure four times a month. The result appeared, the weight decreased by 400g. It was hard, really wanted to eat. But after a month, I got used to it, and the feeling of hunger receded. Recommend.
Anna Rogozova, 25 years old, engineer, Krasnodar
My first pregnancy. I was fascinated by food for joy. As a result of a two-week holiday, my belly gained about 3 kg. After a visit to the doctor had to choose the type of unloading day. I was impressed by buckwheat day. Doubt as a result, but after the first day I felt relief. Hunger is not experienced. Now my weight is approaching normal. I will continue to eat right. After all, it is necessary for my baby.
Ekaterina Popova, 23 years old, Taganrog
I already soon in the hospital. During the entire pregnancy gained 10 extra pounds. I regret that I ignored fasting days, although the doctor advised me. Now getting rid of excess weight is much harder, but I try. To give up many foods is hard, but I alternate well-fed days with hungry, so it is easier for me to endure the emerging feeling of hunger.
Olga Semenova, 29, economist, Arkhangelsk
I began to practice the experience of fasting days from the second trimester. I was worried about swelling and shortness of breath while walking. After consultation with the gynecologist decided to try buckwheat unloading. I was constantly tormented by hunger, and I added kefir to buckwheat. Repeated weekly, once a week. Now I have lost about 2 kg. Feeling better. Even now I almost do not sol the prepared dishes, because salt tends to retain fluid in the body, thus causing edema. Now the swelling has become less.
Anna Kuteeva, 25 years old, dispatcher, Ufa
Now my epic is in the past. During pregnancy, I had to unload once a week every month. I ate baked apples, cottage cheese with kefir. I liked that these days you can eat at least the whole day, and no one will reproach you for overeating, because even small portions, they quench your hunger. Fruits and vegetables are much healthier than sweets and pastries.