During pregnancy, the stomach often hurts, and the expectant mother is worried about her health and her future baby. And this is correct, since the pain in the stomach can be a signal of some diseases or threaten with miscarriage. However, pain is not always associated with pathology in the body and can manifest itself against the background of hormonal changes in the body and psychological factors. In any case, you should notify the attending physician, and in case of severe acute pain, call an ambulance.
Abdominal pain can vary in degree of intensity, irradiation and nature, accompanied by other symptoms. It is conditionally possible to divide abdominal pains into obstetric, representing a threat to mother and child and not obstetric, related to the problems of other organs.
Consider the types of abdominal pain during pregnancy
- With the threat of miscarriage appear continuous, or cramping pain in the lower abdomen, radiating to the lower back. The reason may be increased physical exertion, a stressful situation or abnormal development of the fetus. Other symptoms appear – bloody discharge. For such pains, emergency medical care is required.
- Ectopic pregnancy (development of the egg outside the uterus) is accompanied by sudden pain in the lower abdomen, most often occurs at 5-7 weeks of pregnancy. In addition to acute acute pain, bleeding and dizziness may occur. The diagnosis helps to determine the ultrasound, always requires emergency assistance.
- Premature detachment of the placenta. Such a phenomenon is possible during childbirth or pregnancy due to injury, hypertension, abnormal delivery, insufficiently long umbilical cord. There is severe pain in the lower abdomen, perhaps slight bleeding or large blood loss. There is pain and tension in the uterus, placental hematoma may appear.
- The pain associated with the pathology of internal organs. With the disorder of the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract there is discomfort in the abdomen, bloating, gas formation. Often due to hormonal adjustment, constipation or diarrhea caused by intestinal flora dysbacteriosis. Additional symptoms – belching, heartburn, nausea. You can improve your health by observing diet, balanced diet and moderate physical exertion.
- The pain that occurs when stretching the ligaments of the abdomen and muscle tension. At any stage of pregnancy, short-term aching pain in the abdomen of not abrupt nature, which increases with increased exertion or physical exertion, may disturb. Rest and moderate exercise are recommended.
- Acute surgical pathology is manifested by sharp pains, “acute abdomen”, nausea and vomiting. Such symptoms may appear in the diagnosis of appendicitis, pancreatitis, and intestinal obstruction. Emergency medical care required.
- The normal course of pregnancy is accompanied by minor lower abdominal pain without noticeable dynamics. This is due to the adaptation of the body of a pregnant woman to new physiological manifestations.
For each term of pregnancy, one or another abdominal pain is characteristic. In the first trimester, discomfort and pulling pain in the abdomen most often occurs due to physiological alteration. It is noticed that such pains are more likely to bother women who have experienced painful menstruation. In the second trimester, pregnancy proceeds quietly, the abdomen has not yet been particularly enlarged, and the internal organs are not constricted.
Abdominal pain prevention measures
In the third trimester of pregnancy, compression of the internal organs and intestinal dislocation are observed. In this regard, digestion is difficult. How to improve the condition of a pregnant woman? A balanced diet and healthy, split meals will help. Eating is recommended to divide into 5-6 receptions, eat fresh foods containing vitamins and minerals.
To prevent constipation, you must include in the diet fruits and vegetables, in particular dried apricots, prunes, melons, boiled beets. Products must contain a balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. You can recommend the use of vegetable oils, fish, lean meat, sour-milk products. Exclude the use of fried, spicy and fatty foods, fast foods and sugary carbonated drinks. It is necessary to observe the drinking regime, it is necessary to consume up to 1.5-2 liters of fluid per day.
You should not take hot baths, go to the sauna, bath, swim in open ponds. This represents a threat to the health of the future mother and her child. During an epidemic of acute respiratory infections or flu, refrain from contact, avoid hypothermia. Infectious diseases adversely affect the health of the mother and can lead to complications.
Enjoy nature, beauty, enjoy every manifestation of your child’s life. A philosophical attitude towards life and people will help maintain confidence and a positive attitude. The child feels your mood and attitude to the world. Only calm and follow the recommendations of the doctor will help make and give birth to a healthy child.