The absence of menstruation does not alarm a woman only when she plans to acquire offspring or is already pregnant.
In other situations, an irregular cycle signals diseases, overwork or lifestyle changes in the direction that causes the body to adapt to new conditions. It doesn’t become quieter because every woman knows that critical days should come monthly, as a last resort, 1 time in 35 days.
What to do if there is no longer 2 months but not pregnant, to wait until the cycle recovers on its own or go to the doctor immediately? First of all, it is necessary to study the reasons for the absence of menstruation and draw appropriate conclusions.
When monthly delay is not considered pathological
Factors affecting the menstrual cycle of women, a lot. If there are no critical days exactly 2 months, it is necessary to reconsider the way of life and recall events that could disturb the stability of the discharge.
If there is no monthly period of 2 months, but the test shows a negative answer – there is no pregnancy, the reasons may be the following:
- Diet. Changing eating habits and tight diets lead to starvation of the body and a decrease in fat mass. For menstruation to start on time, it is necessary that the body weight exceeds 45 kg. With less weight, the hormonal system does not produce estrogen. Drastic weight loss of 10 – 15 kilograms or more can lead to the cessation of menstrual bleeding.
- Genetic abnormalities. Inherited tendency to delay monthly is fraught with a violation of the cycle and the complete absence of critical days.
- Acceptance of oral contraceptives. If there was a change of contraceptive, bleeding may linger on
Intoxication of the body in connection with smoking, drug addiction and the use of alcoholic beverages does not have the best effect on the female reproductive system. Bad habits and asocial behavior are among the reasons for the delay in menstruation. Also the dirty atmosphere of industrial regions can influence the regularity of the cycle.
And now an interesting video:
Monthly no 2 months without pregnancy: a sign of the disease
If none of the above reasons is associated with a delay of 2 months in a particular case, the woman should consult a doctor and find out why the cycle was lost. Often the cause of the absence of critical days are serious gynecological diseases:
- Ovarian dysfunction.
- Cervical cancer.
- TORCH infection.
- Polycystic ovary.
- Ectopic pregnancy.
- Inflammatory processes in the urogenital system.
- Oncological tumors in the uterus and appendages (the nature of the tumor depends on a person’s life, therefore with a monthly delay of at least 4 weeks you should contact the clinic and be examined).
The delay of menstruation for two months can happen after an abortion in non-sterile conditions, when a woman tried to get rid of the child secretly and independently. The unsuccessful curettage of the uterine cavity subsequently turns into a surgical operation for the unfortunate mother.
Very often, modern women are faced with inflammation of the appendages. Pathology is due to a deficiency of hormones that produce the pituitary, adrenal glands, hypothalamus or thyroid gland. Incorrectly working ovaries violate the cyclical nature of the discharge, causing menstruation or delayed, or come on time and go abundantly. Pregnancy with chronic inflammation of the appendages ends in miscarriages.
Ectopic pregnancy is the second common cause of the absence of menstruation at the expected time. The fertilized egg remains in the fallopian tube, expands and causes pulling pain in the lower abdomen.
The discomfort is getting worse every day, the pain can be slightly dulled by analgesics, but the situation is getting worse – the woman feels bad. Although there are all signs of pregnancy in the first trimester (delayed menstruation, toxicosis, engorgement of the mammary glands, nausea in the morning).
As soon as the embryo stretches the tube to the limit, it bursts and bleeding opens. Late diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy is dangerous by sudden bleeding, hemorrhagic shock and death. Therefore, to delay a visit to the doctor when there is no monthly for 2 months with a negative test can not.
To identify the pathology with a long delay of menstruation, gynecologists issue a direction for an ultrasound of the abdominal cavity and small pelvis and analysis of hCG. After treatment, as a prophylaxis, patients receive recommendations on nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
What to do with amenorrhea
Self-treatment for amenorrhea is unacceptable. Being confused and not knowing what to do if there is no monthly 2 months a woman should go to the gynecologist and tell about the situation. Perhaps the reason will be established quickly during the conversation.
But if a specialist insists on testing, you can not refuse, because the causes of delayed menstruation are not harmless. Laboratory tests, retest for pregnancy and ultrasound will help detect the provoking factor.
Eliminate amenorrhea can be medical drugs. Also, in consultation with the doctor, you can use folk remedies to restore the menstrual cycle. The following plants have stimulating properties:
- Parsley. A few days before the expected date of menstruation, start consuming raw greens or taking decoctions of the plant.
- Burdock Fresh burdock juice normalizes hormones and treats mastopathy. Take it is recommended for 1 tbsp. l three times a day shortly before the meal.
- Dandelion. On a quiet fire, a decoction of the roots is prepared. 1 tsp. raw materials pour a glass of boiling water and tormented on the stove for 5 minutes. Broth insist 2 hours and drink half a glass in the morning and evening.
Menstruation is an important physiological process, on the correct course of which depends on the overall health of a woman and her ability to continue the race. The danger is not the fact of the absence of menstruation, but the reasons for the failure. Late treatment of amenorrhea is fraught with infertility and other serious diseases.
But even if the wrong cycle is not associated with pathological processes, it worsens the quality of life of the woman. Without knowing when the monthly periods will definitely go, it is impossible to plan a complete rest or conception.
For the prevention of amenorrhea, it is recommended to take vitamins, eat healthy foods, avoid stress and do daily gymnastics.