Hexoral Spray belongs to the pharmacological group of drugs – antiseptics for local use. It is used to treat infectious and inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract and the oral cavity.
Release form and composition
Hexoral spray is a clear, colorless liquid with menthol odor. In 100 ml of the drug as the main active ingredient contains 200 mg of hexetidine. Also in the composition of the drug includes auxiliary components, which include:
- Citric acid monohydrate – 70 mg.
- Polysorbate 80 – 1.4 g.
- Levomenthol – 70 mg.
- Sodium saccharinate – 40 mg.
- Oil of eucalyptus leaf prutovidnogo – 1.1 mg.
- 96% ethanol – 4.333 g.
- Calcium sodium edetate – 100 mg.
- Purified water – up to a volume of 100 ml.
- Nitrogen – to achieve a pressure of 5 bar.
Hexoral spray is contained in a 40 ml aluminum bottle. A cardboard pack contains one bottle of solution, a nozzle for spraying and instructions for using the preparation.
The main active ingredient of the spray Hexoral hexetidine is an antiseptic. It destroys the majority of bacteria (bactericidal action). The mechanism of action is associated with impaired oxidative processes within the cell. Due to this, Hexoral spray has a broad spectrum of activity against most bacteria of pathogens of infectious and inflammatory diseases and fungi of the genus Candida. Hexetidine is resistant to proteus and pyocyanic sticks, which must be considered during the use of the drug. Also, the active substance has an unexpressed local anesthetic effect.
After applying the spray Geksoral on the mucous membrane, the active substance is distributed on it in the form of a thin film and is almost not absorbed into the systemic circulation. Hexetidine activity persists for several hours.
Indications for use
Hexoral Spray is indicated for the treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the upper respiratory tract and oral cavity, which include:
- Pharyngitis – inflammation of the pharyngeal mucosa.
- Stomatitis is an infectious process in the oral mucosa, which is often accompanied by glossitis (inflammation of the tongue) and gingivitis (inflammation of the gums, including their bleeding).
- Aphthous (inflammatory) oral ulcers with the development of defects in its mucous membrane.
- Sore throat – acute infectious inflammation of the tonsils, which is often caused by streptococci.
- Bacterial infection of the tooth cavity after its extraction (removal).
- Prevention of infectious and inflammatory complications during surgical interventions in the oral cavity.
- Additional oral hygiene for general diseases with severe intoxication or the inability to perform general hygiene recommendations (in particular in patients requiring care).
- Fungal lesion of the oral mucosa, tonsils and pharynx caused by fungi of the genus Candida (thrush).
- Elimination of bad breath (including in the presence of tumor pathology with its destruction and destruction).
- As an additional component in the treatment of severe purulent infections of the oral cavity and pharynx together with antibiotics or sulfonamides for systemic use.
Hexoral Spray can be used as an auxiliary component in the treatment of acute respiratory viral infections (ARVI) or catarrhal diseases.
The absolute contraindication to the use of spray Geksoral is the presence of individual intolerance, hypersensitivity to the active substance or auxiliary components of the drug. Also, it can not be applied to children under the age of 3 years.
Dosage and administration
Hexoral Spray is used topically to irrigate the mucous membranes of the mouth and pharynx. To use it, you must perform a number of actions:
- Put the spray nozzle on the bottle.
- Direct the nebulizer to the area of the inflammatory pathological process in the pharynx or oral cavity.
- When spraying the drug, the bottle must be kept upright.
- To spray an aerosol, it is necessary to press the spray nozzle and hold it for a few seconds, after spraying it is recommended to hold the breath for a short period of time.
The recommended dosage for adults and children over 3 years of age is one spray (for 21-2 seconds), 2 times a day. Depending on the severity of the infectious-inflammatory process, the attending physician may adjust the dose of the drug. The duration of treatment is usually 5-7 days.
Spray Hexoral is well tolerated. Sometimes it is possible the development of local allergic reactions in the form of a burning sensation in the oral cavity, rashes and itching of the skin. With prolonged use of the drug may develop changes in taste.
Before you start using the drug, you should carefully read the instructions for it, there are several special instructions that are important to consider:
- Long-term use of the Hexoral Spray is not recommended, as this can lead to disruption of the functioning of taste buds and the development of dysbacteriosis (death of bacteria from representatives of normal microflora with the subsequent development of opportunistic microorganisms).
- Alcohol is not recommended during treatment.
- Spraying is best done after a meal, pre-rinsing the mouth with water, after processing the mouth for an hour, it is advisable not to eat or drink.
- For pregnant and lactating women, the drug can be used only if the expected benefit to the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
- Care should be taken not to swallow the spray while spraying.
- Hexoral spray does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration of attention, but it should be borne in mind that this is an alcohol-containing drug, so if you use a large amount of aerosol or get into the stomach, you may develop a slight intoxication effect.
In the pharmacy network, the drug is available without a prescription. If you have questions or doubts about its use, you should consult with your doctor.
When used correctly in the recommended therapeutic dose, Hexoral Spray is non-toxic. In case of accidental ingestion of a large amount of the drug, vomiting develops. In this case, the gastric lavage is performed.
Analogs of Hexoral Spray
According to the active substance and therapeutic effect analogues Hexoral spray are Hexetidine, Maxicold, Maxispray.
Terms and conditions of storage
Shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of manufacture. Spray Geksoral must be kept out of the reach of children at a temperature not higher than + 25 ° C, it should not be allowed to freeze.
Hexoral spray Price
The average cost of packing a Hexoral spray in pharmacies in Moscow varies between 222-249 rubles.