In pregnancy, the selection of brown – as evidenced by?
Of course, the most exciting period of pregnancy is the first trimester, and at the same time the most responsible. Responsible in the sense that this is the beginning of the formation of the fetus, in the first weeks the embryo of the future baby is placed in the endometrium, the placenta and amniotic bubble are also formed. It is during this period there are many changes in the female body. Therefore, the first trimester in view of the colossal changes and the most dangerous, if we talk about the risks of miscarriage. But in any case, do not worry, because there is any and dark brown discharge does not always indicate the presence of serious problems. This is what we consider below. At the same time, you need not to panic, but to act. As evidenced by brown discharge during pregnancy in the early stages, at the end of pregnancy – what to do when they appear.
- Brown discharge in early pregnancy serves as a warning signal and it is necessary to diagnose the problem as soon as possible and understand the causes of such discharge. If time does not solve the problem, then such negligence can even lead to miscarriage and failure of pregnancy, or to premature birth, if we are talking about late pregnancy.
- Whatever it was, if you observe such secretions in yourself, then you need to seek help from an intelligent specialist as soon as possible.. But in order to know what to go with, as well as to understand, at least superficially, the question, we will consider below the main causes of brown discharge during pregnancy.
How do brown discharge during pregnancy differ from others?
- Dark brown discharge, especially early in pregnancy, may have a very different character.. It is also quite normal selection, which have a translucent or transparent whitish color. Normal discharge can be characterized by the fact that with them, a woman does not tolerate discomfort. While with brown secretions or bloody discharge, a pregnant woman will experience pain and discomfort. Even if the brown discharge is not accompanied by discomfort, it should still alert.
- Separately It should be said about the allocation of pink or beige, which occur during the formation of a fertilized egg, which after conception, after a week or two, the implantation period passes. During this period, the egg is attached to the wall of the uterus and this process is accompanied by secretions of pale pink or beige colors. It looks like the beginning of menstruation, but at the same time such discharge does not cause discomfort. So there is nothing wrong with that. As well as watery discharge during pregnancy do not necessarily indicate the presence of any problems.
- But, if the selection changes color to brown – time to sound the alarm. Especially if such discharge is accompanied by pain in the lower abdomen. This indicates violations in the body and the life of the baby at risk. Urgent visit to the doctor and subsequent treatment will help to avoid trouble. Do not hesitate!
Causes of brown discharge during pregnancy
After reading below the list of reasons for which there may be dark brown discharge, you will understand that you need to visit a doctor as soon as possible .:
- Of course, I want to start with a positive. If you have a late stage of pregnancy, then the phenomenon of brown discharge may indicate an early birth. Discharges are associated with cork discharge. The mucus plug is very important during pregnancy, as it protects the woman’s body from infection, but in the last stage of pregnancy, a lot of estrogen is produced in the woman’s body, which softens the plug’s mucus and comes out. But, according to such secretions, it is impossible to say for sure when the miracle of birth will occur. To the extent that after such discharge, it may take up to several weeks before delivery. Therefore, you should not risk your life and the life of a child and visit a gynecologist as soon as possible. Of course, a completely different thing – brown discharge in the first trimester, but more on that below.
- Also it is necessary to understand that when pregnancy occurs, the vaginal mucosa is very sensitive to physical changes. Therefore, blood, dark brown discharge can only indicate damage to the vaginal mucosa. For example, after taking a gynecologist or sexual intercourse. If such secretions occur just after the above events, then they will most likely quickly pass away and will not cause long painful sensations.
- Placenta previa. we are talking about late pregnancy. In the process of development of the fetus, during pregnancy, the uterus increases, stretching and disrupting the integrity of the vessels that are located on the upper layers of the placenta. Which leads to secretions. However, if such discharges are abundant and are accompanied by characteristic lower abdominal pain, it is urgent to contact a doctor who monitors pregnancy. Pain in the presentation of the placenta, accompanied by “contractions” in the lower abdomen. Remember that in the first place the presentation threatens the life of the child, so the delay in this case can lead to the death of the fetus.
- Pregnancy may also be accompanied by brown discharge. Such secretions may, unfortunately, testify to this. On ultrasound, signs are revealed on which the fetus can be considered frozen, for example, no heartbeat. To avoid a pregnant inflammatory process, it will be necessary to carry out curettage of the uterus.
- Also human papillomavirus can cause dark brown discharge during pregnancy. Discharges may indicate inflammation and infection in women. Contact your gynecologist for help – how to proceed.
- Also, discharge during pregnancy may indicate a rather rare process. The likelihood of such an event is 1 in 1000. When does chromosomal failure in embryo formation and development and instead of the placenta, connective tissue develops with an abundance of vesicles. In this case, the skid (this is what is called trouble) can be either partial or complete. In the first case, the child has all the chances to endure, as part of the placenta still remains normal. In the second case, everything is much worse. The fetus dies at an early stage of development, with the condition of the woman naturally deteriorating. Dizziness, vomiting, nausea, and brown spotting. This problem with the immediate appeal to the doctor is solved by cleaning the uterus. If you do not pull with the operation, it is very likely that the woman will have reproductive function.
- Also highlight brown color may indicate ectopic pregnancy.
All of the above causes of brown discharge in pregnant women require an appeal to a gynecologist. In no case can one pull, since in addition to endangering the life of the mother and child, negligence in this matter will lead to the subsequent impossibility of becoming pregnant. At the same time, timely assistance of qualified doctors and surgery (if necessary) will help not only to preserve the health of the mother and fetus, but also subsequently increase the chances of getting pregnant again. Brown discharge at the beginning of pregnancy is especially dangerous. At the same time, if you consult a doctor in time, then the postoperative period will be quick and painless. If everything is okay with you, you can even take light work on maternity leave, it is unlikely that it will hurt you. You can also read the article on our website: “Pregnancy: can I dye your hair,” maybe you will be interested.
And remember that before you panic, consult your doctor, take the tests, and let you make a verdict, and there it will be clear how serious and deep the problem is. In any case, the nervous condition of the mother will affect the health of the unborn child. In general, do not get sick and be healthy! &# 128578;