Social pension is granted to disabled citizens permanently residing in the Russian Federation.
Who is entitled to state pension
Social disability pension is established:
- Persons with disabilities 1, 2 and 3 groups, including people with disabilities since childhood;
- Disabled children.
The social pension on the occasion of loss of the breadwinner is established:
- Children under the age of 18, as well as older than this age, full-time students in basic educational programs in educational organizations, before they finish such training, but no longer than before they reach the age of 23, who have lost one or both parents and to the children of a dead single mother.
The social pension for children whose both parents are unknown is set:
Children whose state registration of birth is made on the basis of an application on the birth of a found (abandoned) child or the birth of a child left by the mother who did not present a document certifying it, submitted by the internal affairs body, the guardianship and custody body or the medical organization, the educational organization or the social service organization. the person, in the medical organization where the birth took place or to which the mother applied after the birth;
Found (abandoned) children or children left by a mother who did not present a document certifying her identity in the said medical organization whose state registration of birth was made in accordance with the legislation in force in the territories of the Republic of Crimea and the federal city of Sevastopol to December 31, 2014 inclusive “.
Social old-age pension is established:
- Citizens from the number of small peoples of the North who have reached the age of 55 and 50 years (men and women, respectively), permanently residing in areas inhabited by the small peoples of the North on the day they receive a pension; Citizens of the Russian Federation who have reached 70 and 65 years (men and women respectively) and foreign citizens and stateless persons permanently residing in the territory of the Russian Federation for at least 15 years and who have reached the specified age
- The fact of paid employment does not affect the payment of social pension, with the exception of the social pension granted to citizens who have reached the age of 65 and 60 (men and women respectively).
Where to turn
Citizens may apply for a pension at any time after the occurrence of the right to it. An application for the appointment of a pension may be submitted to the territorial body of the Pension Fund of Russia at the place of residence either at the place of stay or at the place of actual residence of the citizen, or at the multifunctional center (hereinafter – the MFC) or by mail.
The application may be filed personally by the citizen who is granted the pension, his representative, or through the employer. A citizen can also send an application in the form of an electronic document through the “Personal Account of a Citizen” on the official website of the Pension Fund of Russia or through the “Single portal of state and municipal services (functions)”.
The day of applying for a pension is the day the application for a pension is received.
When applying for an appointment:
personally (representative, through the employer) the day of applying for a pension is the day the territorial body of the FIU receives the application;
by mail – the date of applying for a pension is the date indicated on the postmark where the application was sent;
through the MFC – the date of applying for a pension is the date of receipt of the MFC application;
through the “Personal Account of a Citizen” on the official website of the Pension Fund of Russia, through the “Single portal of state and municipal services (functions)” – the date of applying for a pension is the date of filing an application in the form of an electronic document.
What documents to submit
To the application for the appointment of a social pension are submitted:
- identity document (passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation, residence permit of a foreign citizen (stateless person);
- other documents required to confirm additional circumstances;
- birth certificate of the child, in which there is no information about both parents, or a document of the civil registry office containing such information;
when submitting an application in the form of an electronic document using a “personal account” on the “Single portal of state and municipal services (functions)” and the PFR website, no identity documents, age, citizenship of a citizen are required.
Terms of appointment
Conditions for granting social pension:
- permanent residence in the Russian Federation;
- belonging to the category “disabled citizens”.
Pension for state pension provision, regardless of its type, is granted from the 1st of the month in which the citizen applied for it, but not earlier than from the day the right to it arises. With the exception of:
- cases when a social disability pension has been established for citizens with disabilities from childhood under the age of 19 years who previously received a social disability pension for children with disabilities and the payment of which was terminated due to the age of 18;
- cases when a social old-age pension is established for citizens who have reached the age of 65 and 60 (respectively, men and women) who previously received an insurance pension for disability and whose payment was terminated due to the achievement of the specified age.
Social old-age pension is established indefinitely. The social disability pension is set for the period during which the person concerned is recognized as disabled, including indefinitely. The social pension for the loss of the breadwinner is established for the entire period during which the family member of the deceased is considered disabled, including indefinitely.
The size of the social pension of disabled citizens
- Citizens from the small peoples of the North who have reached the age of 55 and 50 years
- Citizens who have reached the age of 65 and 60
- Disabled groups 2 (with the exception of disabled since childhood)
- Children under the age of 18 years and older who study full-time at educational institutions, but no longer than they reach the age of 23 who lost one of their parents
5283.84 rubles per month
- Disabled since childhood 1 group
- Disabled children
12,681.09 rubles per month
- Disabled since childhood 2 groups
- Invalids of group 1
Children under the age of 18 years and older who study full-time at educational institutions, but no longer than they reach the age of 23 years, who have lost both parents and children of a deceased single mother
10567.73 rubles per month
- Disabled 3 groups
4491.30 rubles per month
The size of the social old-age pension for citizens who have reached the age of 65 and 60 (respectively, men and women) who were recipients of a work-related disability pension cannot be less than the amount of a work-related disability pension that has been set for these citizens as of The payment of the indicated disability retirement pension due to the achievement of this age has been terminated.
The size of social pensions for citizens living in the regions of the Far North and equated areas, in areas with severe climatic conditions
The size of the social pension for citizens living in the Far North and similar areas, in areas with severe climatic conditions determined by the Government of the Russian Federation, is increased by the corresponding regional coefficient set by the Government of the Russian Federation for the entire period of residence in the area. When citizens leave these areas for a new permanent place of residence, the amount of pension is determined without regard to the district coefficient.
The pension is paid monthly. The pensioner has the right to choose at his discretion the organization that will deal with the delivery of the pension, as well as the method of its receipt (at home, at the cash desk of the delivery organization or at his bank account). In addition, a pensioner may receive a pension for a pensioner. Payment of a pension by power of attorney, which is valid for more than one year, is made during the entire term of the power of attorney, provided that the pensioner annually confirms the registration at the place of receipt of the pension.
Pension delivery methods:
1. through the Post of Russia – you can receive a pension at home or independently in the post office at the place of residence. In this case, each pensioner is set the date of receipt of the pension in accordance with the delivery schedule, and the pension may be paid later than the set date within the delivery period. The end date of the payout period is better to know in advance, since it has its own in each post office. If the pension is not received within six months, then its payment is suspended, and it will be necessary to write an application to your Pension Fund in order to resume payment;
2. through a bank – you can receive a pension in the cash office of a bank or issue a bank card and withdraw money through an ATM. The pension for the current month is delivered to the account on the day the funds are received from the territorial body of the Pension Fund of Russia. You can withdraw your money from a bank account any day after it is credited. Crediting to a pensioner’s account in a credit institution is free of charge;
3. through the organization that deals with the delivery of a pension – you can receive a pension at home or independently in this organization. A full list of such organizations in your region (including those delivering pensions to a house) is at the disposal of the territorial body of the Pension Fund of Russia. The procedure for paying a pension through another organization that deals with the delivery of pensions is the same as through the post office.
To select a delivery method or change it, you need to notify the FIU in any way convenient for you:
- in writing, by submitting an application to the territorial body of the FIU, who appointed you a pension (application form for the choice of the method of delivery of the pension);
- in electronic form, by submitting a corresponding application through the “Personal Account of a Citizen” on the website of the Pension Fund of Russia and the Single Portal of State and Municipal Services (functions).
Delivery of pensions to minor pensioners
The pension is delivered at the request of the pensioner:
- through a credit institution by crediting pension amounts to an account;
- through the organization of postal communication (other organizations involved in the delivery of pensions) by handing the amounts of the pension at home or at the cash desk of the organization making the delivery.
The peculiarity of delivering pensions to minor pensioners is that the minor citizen himself has the right to a pension, while the delivery of this pension can be made both in his name and in the name of his legal representative (parent, adoptive parent, guardian, trustee).
Thus, if the recipient of a pension is a child under the age of 18, the pension can be delivered to his parent (adopter) or guardian (trustee), to the account of the specified person at the credit institution or through the postal service (the delivery document will be in the name of the authorized person ).
In this case, the sums of pensions due to a minor citizen are subject to crediting to a separate nominal account opened by his guardian or curator, and may be spent without prior permission of the guardianship and custody authority.
The specified procedure for the delivery of pensions also applies to parents in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Family Code of the Russian Federation.
A child who has reached the age of 14 years is entitled to independently receive the pension established for him through the organization of postal services (another organization engaged in the delivery of pensions) or at his own expense at a credit institution.