Happy, happy irreversible time of pregnancy. It is believed that in these 40 weeks a woman looks especially beautiful, because the body itself produces a hormone of beauty. But along with this, women often suffer from nausea, heartburn, fatigue, drowsiness, swelling or belching. Let us dwell on the latter.
Belching in pregnant women: causes of trouble
The exit of gases or even food from the esophagus and stomach, often accompanied by a characteristic sound and smell, is called belching. Its frequent companion is debilitating heartburn. With particular attention should be taken to belch food, but most often it occurs from overeating. If the belching has a bitter aftertaste, this means that bile was thrown into the stomach. Putrid burp occurs due to prolonged stagnation in the stomach, not digesting food. Sour is caused by an increase in the acidity of the gastric juice or, conversely, in the absence of hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice.
The main causes of belching during pregnancy include:
- Hormonal changes in the body of a woman waiting for the addition to the family
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases
- Increased pressure in the abdominal cavity and a change in the position of the stomach due to the growing uterus (in later periods)
- Non-digestion of food in the stomach
Belching and heartburn in early pregnancy only once again confirm that the conception has occurred, the pregnancy develops. The ovaries, the thyroid gland, the entire endocrine system adjusts itself to your baby, the hormonal system begins to work differently. In most cases, it is enough to adjust your diet, and the discomfort of overeating and heartburn will go away. In the early stages, expectant mothers are much more worried about drowsiness, vomiting, and nausea. Time passes and they are replaced by belching with heartburn.
First, we note that belching can accompany a woman’s body throughout her life. Such a reaction on the part of the digestive system gives a lot of inconvenience, and can also serve as a dangerous signal. A belching almost 100% will appear among you, if in your pregnant life there are places to be:
- Binge eating
- Malnutrition: eating too fried, fatty, spicy foods, marinades, smoked meats, sour berries, fruits
- Long stay in a horizontal position
- Sharp bends forward, for example, to put on shoes
How to get rid of a terrible burp
To cope with such an unpleasant phenomenon, influence or eliminate the causes of belching, as well as heartburn.
- Reduce the portion of each meal, but eat more often
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Avoid ingestion of foods that promote increased gas formation: peas, beans, cabbage, asparagus and
Ambulance: what to do when belching in pregnancy
If you still caught a hated belch during pregnancy, then:
- Drink tea with melissa or mint
- Prepare a decoction of heather (take 15 grams of heather for half a liter of water, boil for 2-3 minutes, use 3 or 4 times a day for a tablespoon)
- Try the following recipe: pour boiling water (200 ml) with 10 grams of centaury herb. Let it brew for 3 hours, strain and take 3 times a day for a tablespoon 30 minutes before meals.
- 3-4 times a day, take one-third of a teaspoon of calamus rhizome powder. So you will get rid not only of belching, but also of her frequent companion – heartburn.
Attention: before using these products, make sure that they are not allergic, have individual intolerance, be sure to consult with your doctor. Self-treatment in such an important period is completely excluded, because now you are responsible not only for your life, but also for the life of the unborn child.
Burping rotten eggs: causes and effects
The burping in pregnant women with rotten eggs deserves special attention. In this condition, gas mixed with hydrogen sulphide is released into the oral cavity; it is this gas that has such a specific odor. It is clear that during normal operation of the gastrointestinal tract protein rotting should not occur. This situation is observed when the acidity of its contents decreases markedly. Do not delay your visit to the gastroenterologist. A specialist will be required to prescribe adequate treatment if it is required, and you will forever forget about such an unpleasant belching with rotten eggs during the most wonderful weeks of waiting.
Be aware that, at first glance, such a harmless phenomenon as belching in pregnant women, be it ordinary air or even rotten eggs, may indicate dangerous diseases of the digestive system. First of all, diseases such as:
- Stomach ulcer
- Stomach cancer
- Various pathologies of the gallbladder or intestines and
Try to lead a healthy lifestyle, which includes a healthy diet, adequate sleep, an established mode of rest, walks. Strictly follow the recommendations of the doctor, never make your own diagnoses without a qualified examination and carrying out the necessary tests and research, even if you have all the symptoms. During the course of pregnancy, contact a specialist, go through research and then you will not be bothered by heartburn or constant belching with sour air or rotten eggs.