Breakfast is very important for each person, and in no case should not be missed. After all, only the morning meal maximizes metabolism, saturates the body with necessary vitamins and beneficial elements, gives energy for the whole day. Regular breakfast has a positive effect on the brain, improves memory and increases concentration, reduces the risk of heart disease, blood vessels and diabetes, supports optimal weight.
Porridge was always considered the best breakfast dish. She must necessarily enter the diet of the baby. Lure baby porridge begin with six months. But not all children are happy to eat this dish, and many refuse to eat at all. In the article we will consider what to do if the child does not want to eat porridge. And find out what else you can feed the baby for breakfast.
When to put porridge in the feed
Porridge is given in the feeding of infants at six months, when vegetable and fruit mashed potatoes are already included in the diet. Begin with buckwheat, then injected rice and corn. At 8-9 months, oatmeal and barley porridge are added to the infants menu, including dairy dishes. Manco is not advised to give earlier than a year.
The first porridge for the baby should be dairy-free buckwheat cereal without sugar and salt. For taste in the dish add a few drops of breast milk or milk formula, as well as vegetable oil. For children older than eight months, put a piece of butter. Salt and sugar should be discarded at least 10-12 months.
It is very important that the first cereals are gluten-free cereals cooked in water. They are the safest for babies, easier and faster to digest, do not cause allergies and indigestion. While gluten and cow’s milk is distinguished by high allergenicity. These components cause heaviness and indigestion.
Enter each croup gradually and take breaks between injections for at least a week. The first porridge should be of consistency, like a liquid puree, and always without lumps. Gradually, the proportion of cereal in the recipe increases and makes the dish more thick.
After eight months, fruit and vegetables can be added to the baby’s porridge after heat treatment, dried fruit, after nine – mashed meat, after ten – fish puree. It is important to first separately enter each component in the baby’s diet, and then add it to the recipe. For more details on how to properly feed infant food, read here.
If the child does not eat porridge
- Do not force the child to eat if he does not want, and in any case do not force the spoon into his mouth forcibly. This will only exacerbate the situation and may frighten the child;
- If the child refuses to eat, do not insist, but try to give the dish again in 30-50 minutes. It is important that he get hungry. Do not give crumbs cookies, candy or something like that, as long as he eats something. This will only weaken the stomach and discourage appetite;
- If the child refuses other foods, there may be health problems. Children refuse to eat with colds and fever, indigestion and stool disorders, abdominal pain and other similar problems;
- When teething children often refuse food, as it causes severe discomfort and pain in the gums. To relieve pain, pain and inflammation will be able to special children’s teethers for teeth;
- Before serving, check the temperature of the dish. It should not be cold, scorching or too hot, salted or peppered. Porridge should be warm. And remember that children are unlikely to eat hot food in the heat;
- Be careful when introducing new foods into the baby’s diet. First, let’s try the ingredient separately, and not as part of other dishes, to see if it causes allergies;
- Interested in the child in the use of soup can be using interesting bright and beautiful dishes. Choose plates with a hero or a picture below. Tell the baby that something interesting is hiding on the bottom, and the baby will rather eat the contents to see the drawing;
- The child may not like the taste of cereal. It must be without lumps! Every time cook fresh porridge, so the dish will be tasty and appetizing;
- Find out the baby’s taste preferences. Experiment, combine different ingredients and make the presentation interesting. If you did not like one dish, offer another. At the same time, it is possible to offer the unpleasant porridge to the child again in one or two weeks;
- Do not overfeed baby! Lure start with half a teaspoon of porridge and gradually increase the portion to 150 grams. This is the norm for the baby in 7-8 months. For a one-year-old child, the daily rate of any porridge should not exceed two hundred grams;
- Do not feed the baby before bedtime and do not give too heavy a dinner with meat dishes. Such feeding not only knocks down the food interest and discourages the desire to eat for breakfast. It worsens sleep and adversely affects the work of digestion.
How to cook porridge
Often, children do not want to eat porridge because it is tasteless. You can easily fix it by properly preparing the dish and adding new ingredients. For the proper preparation of cereals, except buckwheat and rice, lay in boiling porridge. In addition, to improve the taste, you can cook porridge until half cooked, drain the water, add milk and butter. Then close the pan with a lid, wrap in a towel and leave to swell.
Rice, barley and millet groats are washed in hot water to separate the starch and fat. Buckwheat sorted and washed in cold water. To cook porridge faster, soak the cereal in cold water overnight. Cook any cereal only with water, and add the heated milk to the already prepared dish for taste. Let’s take a closer look at how to make each type of cereal:
- To make rice porridge, a glass of prepared rice is poured with 1.5 glasses of water. Cover with a tight lid and cook for 12 minutes. Do not mix! After cooking the porridge insist another 12 minutes;
- Buckwheat is boiled in a ratio of 1 to 2 with water under a tightly closed lid. After boiling water is left until completely absorbed. Contents do not mix or add sugar, as it neutralizes the beneficial properties of the product;
- To cook millet, take two glasses of cereal and four glasses of water. In a water add a teaspoon of salt and two tablespoons of vegetable oil. When it boils, pour the prepared millet and boil until thick. Then leave for an hour to infuse.
It is not recommended to give semolina porridge to children more than once a week. It is considered one of the most useless croup, as it contains a minimum of nutrients and a maximum of starch. It is important to properly cook semolina, otherwise it may adversely affect the work of the intestine and cause disorders of the chair. To cook, pour the cereal into boiling water and cook for no more than a minute, then leave it to swell for twenty minutes, otherwise it will swell in the stomach.
To improve the taste and attract the attention of the child, you can add honey and various spices to any cooked cereal for kids older than 2-3 years. Anise, cinnamon, vanilla and barberry diversify the taste. Small pieces of marmalade will not only make the dish sweet, but also add pectin. For younger children, including during the breastfeeding period, jam, walnuts, vegetables and berries, meat and fish, and dried fruits are added.
However, if the child does not want to eat any porridge, you can find an alternative and prepare at least equally healthy dishes for tomorrow. In addition, it is not necessary to give cereal every morning. Let’s consider what to feed for breakfast if the child does not eat porridge.
What to replace the porridge
- For picky children who eat poorly or do not want to eat, offer several options for breakfast. To do this, put on the plate a little different products. These can be boiled eggs, chopped vegetables and fruits, bread and butter and cheese;
- Baked fruit is a healthy and tasty breakfast option. Green apples and pears are best. In the dish you can add cottage cheese or honey;
- Stuffed eggs and tomatoes look interesting and appetizing. In addition, they have an original taste. Cheese and cottage cheese, egg yolk and cottage cheese, cottage cheese with greens and
What not to give for breakfast
In the morning it is not recommended to give heavy products, products with the addition of low-quality flour and baking powder, flavors and dyes. Such “unpleasant” food complicates digestion and irritates the intestines, causes heaviness in the stomach, provokes fatigue and worsens mood.
For breakfast, the child should not be given potatoes, beets and white cabbage. Forbidden breakfasts, including glazed flakes and balls, muesli and other similar products. They will not replace porridge. The composition of this diet includes a large amount of sugar and artificial vitamins. Because of chemical additives and industrial processing, such breakfasts lose value and can even cause poisoning in a small child.
Do not give the child cookies and muffins, fried foods and hot sandwiches. They aggravate the digestion and weaken the body, do not trigger material metabolism. It is not recommended to give kefir in the morning. It is better to replace the drink with a softer yogurt. Pure cottage cheese and cheese cakes do not need to be given in the morning either. These are nutritious and nutritious foods, but very heavy. They do not start the process of metabolism, and saturate and weight the body.
Kefir, cheese cakes and cottage cheese are best given to children in the afternoon. This will be a great snack or afternoon snack and diversify the diet of the baby. And what can you cook for children, you will find in the article “Recipes for children’s meals for every day.”