Diarrhea (diarrhea) is a functional disorder of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by an increase in its motility, movement of food masses, as a result of which fluid, nutrients and salts cannot be completely absorbed into the bloodstream.
Such a state can manifest itself by an increase in stool and its liquid consistency.
To improve the functioning of the intestines, it is necessary to reduce the load to the maximum and replenish the body with salts and water, for which purpose we use special dietary food for diarrhea.
When the patient does not understand what you can eat with diarrhea, you need to know the recommendations of the doctor.
Food for diarrhea in adults
In addition to physical discomfort, diarrhea causes significant damage to internal organs.
In combination with processed food products, this disease removes all possible microparticles and beneficial elements for its proper functioning from the body, and affects the disruption of the proper intestinal microflora.
Of course, the primary task of therapy is to replenish the supply of lost trace elements, in order to avoid subsequent adverse effects.
To know what you can eat with diarrhea, you need to consult with your doctor.
Principles of diet for diarrhea
In addition to the list of permitted food products, it is extremely important to follow the rules of nutrition for diarrhea:
- Any mechanical or chemical irritation of the gastrointestinal tract should be excluded. This applies to too hot and cold food products, solid food, seasonings, alcohol and other aggressive substances.
- Meal should take place every 3 hours. This is necessary to reduce the simultaneous load on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. Here you can also include another requirement: the number of meals per reception should not be large.
- From the menu you need to remove any products that can cause the formation of fermentation inside the intestine. For example, it is strictly forbidden to eat sauerkraut, beans, fresh bread and flour.
- It is impossible to lower the protein content during the diet, and the amount of carbohydrates and fats entering the body should be at minimum levels. It must be remembered – hunger is very undesirable.
- It is imperative for diarrhea to replenish the lost amount of fluid inside the body. Each meal should be paired with consumption of 1-2 glasses of water.
- It is necessary to withdraw food products that can have a choleretic effect.
Dietary nutrition for diarrhea in compliance with the principles of nutrition, has a physiological effect and makes it possible to accelerate the recovery processes of the digestive tract activity.
What you can eat with diarrhea, the nutritionist will say. Proper and physiological nutrition for diarrhea is permissible through special diet food, including a list of food products from what is used during diarrhea:
- Cereals. Porridge should be in the menu all the time, and with diarrhea – form the basis of the diet, because they do not exert pressure on the digestive tract. You can cook whatever cereals you like (the only exception is barley), but only on water. It is permissible to add a small amount of dairy products (not more than 1/3 of the total amount of water). In the finished dish is permissible to add a small piece of butter, sugar and salt.
- Meat. Low-fat meats are allowed. It is mandatory to clean the meat from the skins, tendons and film. You can cook it by boiling or steaming. It is permissible to eat light casseroles and souffles.
- A fish. It is necessary to use only fish of low-fat grades. You can cook it for a couple or baking (boiling). Optimally, in the period of the disease to cook steamed patties from fish.
- Eggs They are considered an ambiguous product for diarrhea, but if the body reacts properly, the number of toilet urges regarding bowel movements does not increase, then experts recommend entering 1 egg in the menu, which is cooked soft-boiled (once every 2 days).
- Pasta. They can be consumed, but no more than once every 2 days. The best option: small vermicelli with a low content of butter. Casseroles with pasta for diarrhea is not recommended to add to the diet.
- Milk. Take it as a drink is prohibited, it is permissible only to add it to the porridge and vegetable puree in small quantities.
- Sour milk products. Permitted to use. Cottage cheese and kefir can be added to the menu every day, but you should eliminate the consumption of spicy, spicy cheeses. All dairy products must be natural.
- Bread. In the food you need to use only white bread, a little dried. It is allowed to eat drying, dry biscuits, crackers.
- Fruits and berries. They are not only possible, but also need to be taken fresh and after heat treatment. Extremely useful during diarrhea kissels, mousses, jellies. Experts recommend that during the day take half a glass of fresh raspberry or strawberry, but only in the situation when the berries are well perceived by the digestive tract.
- Vegetables. It is very necessary to introduce onions and garlic into the diet. Potatoes, carrots, and zucchini can be taken practically without any fear. Vegetables must be steamed or baked.
The diet of diarrhea in adults gives the effect the next day from the beginning of the formation of the disease.
Those products that are allowed for consumption with diarrhea, can be a complete diet. However, there is a specific list of food products that are prohibited for ingestion.
It can cause increased diarrhea. To know what you can not eat with diarrhea, you need to know the recommendations of a nutritionist.
What should be removed from the diet for illness:
- Fatty meats. Do not eat fried meat. In the period of diarrhea, canned products, smoked, broths are prohibited.
- Fruits and berries. Should be removed from the diet of those fruits and berries that can be attributed to the acidic varieties. The acid that is in them, aggressively affects the gastrointestinal mucosa.
- A fish. It is forbidden to eat fatty fish, seafood, preservation from it.
- Vegetables. Banned beets, turnips, radish, sauerkraut, canned vegetables (they are often added vinegar and seasonings).
- In the period of diarrhea, it is possible to enter into the menu baby food from vegetables.
- Bread and flour Consumption of rye bread, rolls, cakes and any other pastries for the period of disturbances in the digestive processes is excluded.
- Milk products. It is prohibited to eat cream, highly carbonated milk whey drinks and cow’s milk.
- The drinks. You can not drink kvass, coffee and strong tea.
All of these products contribute to increased motility in the stomach, an irritating effect on the gastrointestinal mucosa and increases the load on the digestive system.
In general, food in the period of diarrhea should be balanced. Of course, in the first days after the appearance of diarrhea, it is better to exclude food, and then you should not force yourself to fast for a long time.
Consumption of all permissible products in insignificant amounts will be much more effective – since the intestinal microflora is more likely to be restored, and it becomes much easier for the patient.
When diseases of the gastrointestinal tract organs were previously detected, then with diarrhea, recommendations should be obtained from the attending specialist – it is likely that dietary nutrition will be prescribed with certain changes.
Food after diarrhea
In order to fully recover from the postponed diarrhea, it is necessary to follow a sparing diet food for a certain period of time.
Diarrhea can occur due to the consumption of food of inadequate quality or stale products. Mostly diarrhea is formed within 2-3 hours after ingestion of such food.
No need to panic, you need to drink more liquid and everything will pass in the near future. When the difficulty has not passed, it is necessary to contact the attending specialist.
It must be remembered that excessive consumption of “bonding” and “knitting” food products can cause a reverse process and diarrhea will replace intestinal constipation.
To improve the effectiveness of the diet for diarrhea, you need to adhere to certain useful prescriptions:
- To use intestinal sorbents – drugs, binding and removing toxic substances from the gastrointestinal tract. They should be drunk 60 minutes before a meal, at least three times a day.
- Liquid, in particular in childhood, it is better to use in small quantities, but often.
- Drug medications that inhibit intestinal motility should be excluded, since in combination with it, the excretion of toxic substances from the gastrointestinal tract is reduced.
It must be remembered that diarrhea is considered to be a defensive reaction of the body, which is aimed at releasing the intestines from toxic substances and microorganisms.
Dietary nutrition for diarrhea to an adult helps in the shortest possible time to eliminate pathogenic microflora, reduce inflammation and restore water-salt balance.
When to call a doctor
You should not rely only on the revision of the diet, when diarrhea is associated with:
- increase in body temperature;
- acute pain in the abdominal cavity;
- the presence of blood impurities in the liquid stool;
- nausea and vomiting reflex regardless of the meal;
- lethargy and vertigo;
- uterine bleeding regardless of menstruation.
Such symptoms indicate the formation of dangerous pathological processes that require urgent medical assistance.
You can not use a variety of drugs that have a fixative or analgesic effect, without the prescription of a specialist, as they can hide the clinical picture.
This can also distort the laboratory picture, which complicates the study.
Food in the event of such a disease is an important element in the treatment of digestive disorders.
It is necessary with particular attention to listen to your health, as well as learn what you can not eat with diarrhea.
To improve the functioning of the intestine, it is necessary to reduce the load to the maximum and improve the water-salt balance in the body, for which they use a special diet during the period of this disease.
The most severe diet prescribed on the first day after the appearance of diarrhea.
For this period, it is optimal to exclude food, and only drink water. Normal diet should be returned no earlier than 7 days after the onset of symptoms.